Interest?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Interest?

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

I was reading Zweihander lately and while I've always wanted to play this no one ever seemed interested in running a game. I'd like to learn the rules as I play, so I guess I'm willing to run a small party in something like "The Enemy Within" but start with something short and sweet for everyone to get a feel of it before tackling a campaign. The differences between Zweihander and WFRP 4e are minimal yet many feel Zweihander was all the material ripped off the old Strike to Stun Forums. I don't understand the whole issue, but I'm likely to run a WFRP 4e game even though I'll go where the interest lies.

Just remember, whence creating a character, it is all by random dice rolls. Takes a little bit of humor and an exceptance of a flawed character.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Interest?

#2 Post by Rex »

Same as my warhmmer post.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Tamerlaine »

There’s no free version that I know of. Since character generation is completely random, I could tell you what to roll and give you the results.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

I can just buy a pdf if it isn't crazy expensive. How many would you need to give it a try or is just me fine?

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Tamerlaine »

I fine with you starting by yourself. Hopefully a two or three more will be interested and join in.

There’s also a Player’s Handbook available.
Last edited by Tamerlaine on Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

We can do that as long as you are fine with it moving slow until mid December or so when my weekends will free back up.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#7 Post by Scott308 »

Tamerlaine wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:09 am Just remember, whence creating a character, it is all by random dice rolls. Takes a little bit of humor and an exceptance of a flawed character.
To illustrate just how random character creation can be, I played in a Zweihander campaign last year. My character ended up being an obese, ancient, female ogre (62 years old, 8'10" tall, 762 pounds) prostitute. And we were playing as pirates. The GM gave me the opportunity to redo the character if I was uncomfortable playing a sex-worker, but I leaned into it and actually had a blast playing her.

Race, sex, age, weight, height, class, profession, social standing, special skills...all randomized at character creation.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

I am fine with that, sounds fun actually.

Return to “Zweihander”