The Oasis

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Oasis

#361 Post by Tamerlaine »

Rex wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:32 am Drest

"How are you feeling Kang? What do the two of you think we should do next?"
Kang is subdued with his thoughts. He should not be alive, but here he was. His master had often told him "even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely." He had not feared Tuurma and her blade. He had acted without thought, doing what he felt was right. Did his selfless act make him wise? He had much to ponder.

"I am alive, friend," Kang replied. "How is Tuurma? I worry for her. Perhaps we should find them."

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#362 Post by The_Wanderer »

Tamerlaine wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:27 pm Kang
"I am alive, friend," Kang replied. "How is Tuurma? I worry for her. Perhaps we should find them."
Cyril speaks up. "She is alive and unhurt. That one balances along a thinner blade of life and death than the rest of us though. I will join you both as soon as my dealings with Tamat are through. She has asked support from us in exchange for your healing."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Lets find out what the support entails and then decide our next action."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#364 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tamat was a second character that Tamerlaine rolled up when he thought Kang had died.

I don't want players controlling more than one PC at a time, so I suggested Tam keep her at the ready but off to the side for now.

There is obviously another plot hook to the renegade slave group she mentioned. (and some of you already knew about that)

So if Drest, Cyril, and Kang want to ask around for more information on that, you could certainly start with the old slave woman who brought you to Tamat. (so I don't need to speak through a second PC)

Or, if the three of you would rather track down the others and meet back up with them to reform in a larger group, I am also fine with that.

What are we thinking here?
:)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Rex »

I am leaning to meet back with the others. The 3 of us are a pretty weak group.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#366 Post by The_Wanderer »

Rex wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:18 am I am leaning to meet back with the others. The 3 of us are a pretty weak group.
I'm good with that.

Cyril

"Goodbye Tamat. I think we will reconnect with our traveling companions after all. Thank your patron for us. Kang wouldn't be the same without its intervention.

Well gentlemen, shall we find our friends?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Rex »

Drest

"Yes, lets see where they have gotten too."

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#368 Post by Tamerlaine »

Rex wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:18 am I am leaning to meet back with the others. The 3 of us are a pretty weak group.
Indeed.

Kang is torn between his choices. "It is a terrible thing, slavery. Brute force, no matter how strongly applied, can never subdue the basic human desire for freedom. Here the Esquimaux-Ixians are denied respect, go starving, and have no self-determination...simply because they are born. It does not settle well with me.

Then there is Tuurma. I wonder at the effect of my death has had on her. The trauma must be at least disquieting, along with any guilt that has arisen. I begrudge her no ill will. I would die doing what I think is right; that my death have meaning than to forfeit my life for nothing. I would I think need to see Tuurma and make sure she suffers not on my behalf.

Then, I would like into this mystery with the slave people gathering out in the desert...those that seek freedom. And I would do so with greater numbers than we. All together, yes, with my new companions."

Brute force, no matter how strongly applied, can never subdue the basic human desire for freedom. Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individual and nations are free.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#369 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back To Xambaala
The Oasis
2:30pm, Cloudy, Dry

After a profound soliloquy from the newly revived Kang, the group decides to consider the renegade slave investigation on hold for now until they can regroup with the others for support.

Together they leave the Oasis, hearing the cheers and applause from any remaining slaves thankful for their help. Once they enter the city again, the others are easy enough to find since Tuurma is still completely splattered with dried, caked on blood.

All four are spotted outside the Astrologers Tower, right where they said they would be.

You can all pick up the action together here: viewtopic.php?p=626139#p626139

Return to “Completed Missions”