Re: Action Thread 7

#101 Post by Vokarius »

Derek looks slightly ill.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by rredmond »

Wergrim looks at you all and smiles, "I know her kind, and an elf," he shakes his head, "listen half-man, we both know where this ends. You are not going to trudge along with me as a prisoner - its not safe. Neither are you going to let me go 'back to my evil ways'. I know the end here. I'm not going to help you and still die in this pass. Cut off my beard," he shrugs, "I kill you first before your freak friends get to me. That's no empty promise." He lies back on the ground, eyes open.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

Till shrugs and says, "We'll talk again in the morning and see if you don't change your mind, ok?"

Then he smiles warmly and slips his sword back into its sheath.

"Let's make sure our friend is tied up nice and tight so he doesn't try anything before we have a chance to converse with him again!"

With Jeloon's and Josef's help, Till will ensure that is done.

"I take it you're not hungry, then, given the fact that you've already decided you're own fate?" He pulls out some of the smoked snake and tears off a piece and eats it. "Too bad, really. Quite tasty."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Argennian »

Yosef resists the urge to plunge his dagger into Wergrim's throat, mainly because he believes that's exactly what the dwarf would prefer in contrast to what he surely must fear the party will force upon him. He does remember dear Dravic's teachings and again, to even his own surprise, dons a smile laced heavily with feigned compassion and understanding. He turns to the others, winks, and offers a response.

"Please, I emplore you all! Master Wergrim has been put through enough! I appeal to your sense of decency and honor! Please, let this man here have his rest! If he wishes not to cooperate, so be it! We will have to find another way..." He winks again to the party, hopefully letting them in on the fact that he's up to something. The elf then turns and waves his hand in a frivilous manner. "His bonds look made up well enough for my liking," he says matter-of-factly and gets up to go move over to where Ancor is resting.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by rredmond »

The dwarf harumphs at both of you and rolls over, though his stomach gives a betraying growl. "Feckless elves" he murmurs to himself in dwarven, which Bruard, Till and Derek all understand.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

Then we'll assume Yosef memorizes and casts Charm Person on Wergrim after dinner, if nobody else has anything they want to do in the mean time.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Argennian »

When everyone can gather out of earshot of poor 'ol Wergrim, Yosef explains that he's setting the stage to cast a Charm Person spell on the dwarf. He'll get something to eat and drink, offering what little amount of the village's wine he has left in his wineskin to his companions, and then lay down to get some rest. He intends to "forget" his last Magic Missile spell and memorize two Charm Person spells, just in case the first attempt doesn't work.

OOC: Ron, I just looked through my OSRIC.pdf and just as you stated, was unable to find any restrictions on casting the charm person spell back to back. So, Yosef will go for that plan and will keep his Mirror Image spell memorized in his 2nd level slot! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#108 Post by Vokarius »

(ooc my hanging him by his feet and shooting him with arrows did not make it to the post... sad).

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by rredmond »

Vokarius wrote:(ooc my hanging him by his feet and shooting him with arrows did not make it to the post... sad).
:lol:

And we'll move to Action Thread 8

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”