LFGM 1-on-1 game

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

LFGM 1-on-1 game

#1 Post by dreamweaver »

I'd like to play solo to get acquainted with the site, and looking for a GM.

I like to have a strong focus on style / theme, I lean towards darker stories and enjoy gradual revealing of the background by investigation.

Systems I can definitely do: D&D 5e, Fate (preferably condensed), Savage Worlds (Deluxe or Adventure), Rangers of Shadow Deep, Pathfinder 1, Warrior, Rogue & Mage. I also have a plethora of games bought over two decades, too many to list but it can't hurt if you ask. Also, if you have an idea for something that's not expensive, I'll check it out and might buy (into) it.

I have a pet idea I'd really like to try: Tome of Battle (9 Swords) from 3.5e or Path of War from PF1.
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: LFGM 1-on-1 game

#2 Post by Leitz »

Realistically, just about everyone here is willing to help you learn the ropes. You'll find learning the site, and the process, doesn't really take a lot of time when folks help. Setting up a game can take a while, I'd recommend you find a game thats coming on-line and hop in. Often the DM will help you with CharGen, and by the time you get through that, then you'll have everything you need.

dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by dreamweaver »

Hi,

I am on the lookout for games to join, the solo ideas are in addition to that.
About Me:
I'm a long time roleplayer and I've tried a lot of things. The persistent point for me is mood and atmosphere. I prefer a few of those in a game contrasted with an all-in approach. As a GM I rarely use out-of-the-book monsters, there's always something unusual I add. Unfortunately I tend to be too lenient for PbP as I see it, usually waiting too long for non-responsive players, but I try to be more strict.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

This might be a good fit for the Scenario Simulator.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

I am willing to answer any questions about the site but I wouldn't be comfortable running any of the systems you list. I have played in some (and even run 5e a couple of times) but am not familiar enough with them to run a 1 on 1 game.

dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by dreamweaver »

I am willing to answer any questions about the site but I wouldn't be comfortable running any of the systems you list.
Very kind of you.
This might be a good fit for the Scenario Simulator.
That's an interesting idea. I looked around, but I didn't find the proper place to join the queue for any of the games. Or maybe I misunderstood something?
About Me:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Rex »

This link explains how to join the Simulator. It gets you into all the games. Then you can post in any you would like too. I am the most active in the simulator (the HarnMaster game). Feel free to look it over and see if it interests you, I am about to introduce another player into play.

https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 92#p612792

dreamweaver
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by dreamweaver »

I did that, technically I'm a member of the game forum. What I didn't find is how / where to join a specific game.
About Me:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

You have joined all the games in the sense that you can post in the games. If it is an active game you could PM the Dm or just post in the game itself that you would like to join.

Return to “Looking for players or games”