Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Quest #40 "MommaPamma's Revenge"

#481 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Staying out of the conversation, she does have to stifle a laugh at Darklin's suggestion.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"It definitely looks like a better plan than exploring the whole island, for sure..."

She looks at Feanol with a smile: "But you forget, Darklin, that the Stonegut camp was stormed by rock monsters around a week ago. Everyone was killed, and the monsters are probably still there..."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#483 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nothing Is Over
Waterday, 3rd of Harvester
Morning, Humid, Warm, Misty
dragon_of_mist.jpg
dragon_of_mist.jpg (125.5 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Seeing Wake's wicked burns, Grimm, Yrias, Feanol, Chauncey, and Amun, decide to keep quiet for now. As usual, Wake gets no reply to his prayers for guidance.

As the sun continues to rise over the bloodied battlefield, the others ongoing conversation with the huge misty dragon continues.

"Using the gems as bait will certainly draw her to you, as she appears almost possessed by the concept of owning them all."

"But this evil creature didn't find this place by accident, meaning she is even smarter and more cunning than most of her kind. I do not think she will fall for any ruses or traps, as that is more to her forte. But rest assured that she will never stop hunting you for them."

"I will allow you all to borrow my treasures a bit longer, since I know I will be able to get them back eventually one way or the other. And to show you my appreciation for taking on this task, I will bestow upon you one more item that might help you get your old friend Luther back, since I know he was dear to you."

With that, a sparkling stone suddenly lands at the feet of Waesfaren, a pale green prism.

"This one I will take back once the reincarnation has been attempted, however. No guarantees still, but this should give you a much better chance at succeeding with your risky magic."

"Go now to your rest, but be prepared to deal with this Momma again, and likely sooner than later."

"You know where I dwell if you should have need of me again. Please return to me once the deed is completed."

Actions?

Liam AC:4 4/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 22/23 0/3 1st / 1/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 22/26 RM, CL, DM 1/3 1st 1/2 2nd W:56
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 26/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 10/16 3/4 first Light:70
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 1/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F2) AC:2 9/20
Yrias AC:5 4/8 1/3 1st RM, CL, DM 0/1 1st
Maag AC:4 16/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 23/53 6/6 1st 0/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 0/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel AC:3 23/23 0/4 1st 1/3 2nd

Allissa AC:2 ?/19 Extremely Dead
Luther AC:3 ?/30 Dead
The Knife (T3) AC:4* -12/12 Very Dead

In front of Daisy is a golden ring
In front of Darklin is a long bow and a dozen arrows.

In front of The Knife is a Gnomish made short sword and a dull purple stone.
In front of Chauncey is a pair of decretive metal bracers.
In front of Keg sits a very nice looking longsword that feels cold to the touch.

In front of Feanol rests a shiny silver ring.
In front of Elnaerel is a strip of brown cloth that looks like a headband and a sling with a dozen stones.
In front of Liam sits a plain leather bag.
In front of Grimm rests a crossbow.
In front of Yrias sits a pair of fine leather boots and a massive 2-handed sword.
In front of Wake is a very nice looking mace.

In front of Maag sits bastard sword and an unmarked potion bottle.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake cast Cure Light Wounds on himself taking that as direction from his deity, that he serves his God first and not some Dragon that would attack him as much as talk to him. Wake stands leaving the Dragon's Mace on ground awaiting another reaction.

Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by sastaz »

Amun suddenly realizes why The Knife's short sword was so sharp, and puts it down on the ground (she's keeping his "magic" knife though).

"Let's go now, before it changes its mind!"

She starts pushing the rafts out in the water, hoping that someone joins in.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm breathes now with relief. "You heard him! Yep. We may go!" He starts walking towards the rafts.

Elnaerel makes a slight curtsy. "Thank you, Powerful Wyrm. We will heed your advice and be alert. We will both rest and think of a plan to defeat the demoness and her offspring, be it looking for her or trying to attract her somehow, keeping in mind that she is more intelligent than us.

We will come to you once we have done our task.

And thank you again for letting us keep your gifts for a little longer and especially for letting us resurrect our companion Luther."

She looks at the others.

"I'll wait with Wes until Luther is resurrected..."

Yrias whispers a "Boccob be praised." and starts getting the rafts ready for his companions to leave.

All my characters will keep their distance from Wake, that's for sure :lol:

If some are in a hurry, we have two rafts. One could be used for a first group (Grimm and Yrias would join) and the other for a second group.

I know traveling on the river is faster, but it's there any other reason that I don't recall why leaving the village on foot through the southern gate isn't being considered as an option?
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#487 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey, having only so far in his experience witnessed the blasphemous gift of undeath given to corpses, is thoroughly intrigued by the pale green stone. He sidles near to Wesley.

"Ah, Wesley. Firstly, I'd like to apologize for attempting to electrocute you earlier – I wasn't quite myself, you understand. I may have been... overconfident in my belief that I could somehow trick Mammapamma and thereby gain us an advantage. It is a very peculiar thing to lose your will, as I'm sure you'll agree," he says. "Ahem!... the stone. Did I hear correctly? I believe the dragon said 'reincarnate,' did it not? If this is successful, are we to expect some wholly different Luther? How will we know it is he?"
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#488 Post by Darklin2 »

Darklin

Reached down and picks up the Sword Amun just laid down. We may need this in the future. Knife is dead but he may be returned to us. I'll hold on to this until he is. He then moves to help her push the raft into the water. Get on. Time to fallback and regroup.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#489 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Will let those dropping items from the Dragon "don't throw those gifts it won't end the need to return them, and unless you have magic weapons of your own it means we won't be able to fulfill our pledge." She'll call back Gnodric and make her way to a raft.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy retrieves her ring, then concentrates on staying near the center of the raft as it heads downstream.
FA FO
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#491 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag looks up at the top of the cliffs. "I reckon dat we need to get out of 'ere before Momma drops someone else on our 'eads". He keeps his mouth shut about his opinion that the dragon probably wouldn't do anything to stop that happening.

Maag looks around the raft. "Did we bring anyfin' to steer dis fing wiv?" He jogs over to the native rafts and steals a couple of steering poles from them. "Der we go. We don't 'ave to worry about goin' round in circles all der way down now".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes scoops up the stone from his feet, then makes a brief bow to the dragon in acknowledgement of the gift. He tosses it lightly up in front of his face, having seen similar stones gifted to other party members. After finding out the results of his action, he turns to Chauncey.

"Not to worry my friend, she got me too. Thanks to Obad Hai, nothing evil came of it in the end. I think with the powers we both wield, we could have caused very serious harm to everyone here. We'll both have to be more wary in the future. Get her in our trap first."

"Reincarnation? Yes, if Obad Hai wills it. And if he does, them Luther's ultimate fate is in his hands."

"From my limited understanding, Luther could return as any of a number of forms. Some might ...not be Luther at all really. He may return as a hawk and just fly off. He may return as a dryad and be content to find a tree somewhere and live out his...her days like that. Of course, he could return as a centaur. Or a wolf. Or a bear. I'm sure he'd like to be a bear."

"The problem is if he returns as a human. Or anything like a human. You might think there'd be a good chance of it just being Luther. But it's nature magic you see. It doesn't work like that. He might make it back as Luther the man. Or Luther the dwarf. Or kobold. Or troll."
Wes falls silent for a moment. Finally he looks around at the group and says quietly "Or someone might appear and they just aren't Luther at all".

Wes hoists up the basket with Luther's remains. "Let's get on those rafts and go. I want to get back to Clifftown and study the book some more before I try this".
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#493 Post by OGRE MAGE »

River Raft Tour
Waterday, 3rd of Harvester
Morning, Humid, Warm, Misty
dragon_of_mist.jpg

The wispy wyrm nods it's massive head at Elnaerel and Wes before slowly slipping back into mist form and disappearing into the spray again. Wake remains quiet, healing himself from his recent painful reminder.

Wes tosses the green stone up in the air and it magically stays there, hovering around his hairy head like a planet orbiting its star. The druid instantly feels more knowledgeable of his craft and all of the magical abilities that go along with it. (Wes just gained enough Experience to go up to the lowest xp total to achieve his next class level. There is no need to adjust your sheet for this as you already know this will be gone again as soon as the ioun stone is returned.)

Poles are collected and rafts set afloat with party members aboard, those unaccustomed to the roaring water keeping tight in the middle of the craft as they race down the torrential waterway. Not long after they are rushed away from the natives clearing, they begin to float past the first settlement along the river. The natives they see there look downtrodden and confused, with no way of knowing what has happened to their warriors and their tribal leader.
Indigenous.jpg
Indigenous.jpg (110.37 KiB) Viewed 193 times

The river winds ever on, swiftly carrying the failed group and the remains of their friend Luther towards the sea and their as of yet unnamed settlement at the base of the cliffs.

Actions?

Liam AC:4 4/9
Daisy (C3) AC:6 22/23 0/3 1st / 1/2 2nd
Chauncey (MU4) AC:8 22/26 RM, CL, DM 1/3 1st 1/2 2nd
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Keg (F4) AC:1 26/32
Wake (C2) AC:3 13/16 2/4 first
Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 1/2 1st 1/1 2nd
Amun (F2) AC:2 9/20
Yrias AC:5 4/8 1/3 1st RM, CL, DM 0/1 1st
Maag AC:4 16/20
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 23/53 6/6 1st 0/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 0/1 4th
Grimm AC:5 20/20
Elnaerel AC:3 23/23 0/4 1st 1/3 2nd

Allissa AC:2 ?/19 Extremely Dead
Luther AC:3 ?/30 Dead
The Knife (T3) AC:4* -12/12 Very Dead

In front of Daisy is a golden ring
In front of Darklin is a long bow and a dozen arrows.

In front of The Knife is a Gnomish made short sword and a dull purple stone.
In front of Chauncey is a pair of decretive metal bracers.
In front of Keg sits a very nice looking longsword that feels cold to the touch.

In front of Feanol rests a shiny silver ring.
In front of Elnaerel is a strip of brown cloth that looks like a headband and a sling with a dozen stones.
In front of Liam sits a plain leather bag.
In front of Grimm rests a crossbow.
In front of Yrias sits a pair of fine leather boots and a massive 2-handed sword.
In front of Wake is a very nice looking mace.

In front of Maag sits bastard sword.
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by Karaunios »

Post incoming.
Last edited by Karaunios on Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#495 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry if this wasn't clear....

You are currently whizzing past this settlement on the rafts.

If you intend to "walk up" to these people on the shore, you will need to figure out a way to actually stop the speeding rafts first.

Or, just jump off. :twisted: :lol:
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#496 Post by Karaunios »

Oops. Sorry.

Ok. I will edit that post and rethink my characters' actions :lol:
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#497 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nothing here for over three days now?

I can advance this action all the way to town instead, if you prefer.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by sastaz »

Amun positions herself between Daisy and Elnaerel (and perhaps Darklin) who seemed somehow willing to talk before. She watches with sadness as they pass the villages.

"As I fled from the cave where Momma kept me and Luther I stumbled upon a female native who had an idol that I think was supposed to represent Momma. Do they worship her like a god here?"

She sighs.

"We were far to unprepared. The magic blades and magic tricks did not do us any good at all, we ran around like confused rats and were stomped on one by one. We need to swarm them next time, keep on moving and not get stuck with her charmed warriors or demons. Surround her and and her bastard son. Believe it or not, I do not like the killing, but those are not men and women, they're demons in disguise."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake is deep in thought, keeping his own council waiting to get to town.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"I fink der problem was, dat we was spread out. One 'alf was tryin' to rescue Luther an' der other 'alf was waitin' for Momma to show up so we could surprise 'er." Maag spits into the water. "But she knew from der first minute dat we was der. We just made it easy for 'er."

"If all der swords an' magic only work 'alf der time, den we need to dogpile 'er. Der best way to do a muggin' is six on to one. Yer guaranteed to walk away wiv der money."

Wes

Wes looks at the villagers as the raft floats by. "Someone needs to work on a spell that lets us talk to them. Their problems started when people like us started showing up. We need to really help them... somehow." He tails off, at a loss for ideas.

Return to “Completed Missions”