terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 004 - On the Wagoner's Road

#241 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:35 am
terrymixon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:19 pm
terrymixon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 pm

Mirek will ride after him, not coming over the rise at the same place. He’s ready for more Orcs, his bow in one hand and ready to pull another arrow.
OOC: This seems to have been missed. I’ll roll the perception you asked for as well.

Terry
Mirek had a lot of ground to cover, so he's with the others by now. Player's choice on where he is in the lineup...
I thought he was up front. This particular segment has been pretty muddy for visualization. Not sure who is doing what or where. Eh. Put me wherever suits I suppose.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#242 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:35 am
terrymixon wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:19 pm
terrymixon wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:39 pm

Mirek will ride after him, not coming over the rise at the same place. He’s ready for more Orcs, his bow in one hand and ready to pull another arrow.
OOC: This seems to have been missed. I’ll roll the perception you asked for as well.

Terry
Mirek had a lot of ground to cover, so he's with the others by now. Player's choice on where he is in the lineup...

Mirek notices a thin cloud of dust drifting up from near where the wounded orc vanished over the rise. The cloud is about fifty yards ahead of the group.
Mirek will tell them and find a good spot to ambush with his bow. Doesn’t want to be in plain sight but can’t let the enemy get to the refugees.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#243 Post by Darithe »

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Spearmint »

Amistad

Gives all the canteens he is carrying to Dela."You know where the water is. Go and fill these up."

He rides to the ridge line to assess who or what may be closing in them. He has no particular loyalty towards one set of orcs over another save some have trade treaty and some have broken faith.

He is not the most diplomatic of people at any given time though he does try. So if he can pick out the leader of any group he will call to him in a "come parley, can we not talk about this" kind of way.

Amistad uses his lack of Charisma [1d20+1]=18+1=19

my charisma is 9, with a -1 modifier so I actually think I should score 17 not 19 in the above.

Thinking we may be at disadvantage having arrowed one guy earlier, here is a comparative roll.

Amistad uses his lack of Charisma [1d20-1]=8-1=7

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#245 Post by Eris »

OOC: I'm quite behind, I see. Sorry. Perception roll: 11+5 = 16

Aden, who is on the side away from the trail of dust heading this way, moves ahead perpendicular to it to get into a more flanking position. Once he does this, Aden will dismount and hobble his horse and perpare to fight on foot. If he sees Dela with the empty water bags, and she comes close, he will ask her if the water is close and does she want his horse to go get some while the rest of us stay here.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by joertexas »

The group lines up - from west to east, Aden, Amistad, Mirek, and Dree with Dela behind her, all facing north. Aden dismounts, while the other three sit their horses for the moment.

Then, a group of eight orcs appears over a ridge sixty yards to their north. A tall orc, clearly a leader from his ornate beaded necklace, headdress, breastplate, and the falchion he carries, leads the four bowmen and four spear-and-club armed warriors. The group pauses for a moment, apparently sizing up their erstwhile opponents.

"That's them, or some of them," Dela hisses.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Spearmint »

Amistad

"I guess trading access to the water for the girl is out." he says.

He edges his mount a few yards forward, then stops to point out the leader and as scripted in his last action, tries to parlay rather than engage in a pitched battle.

He waits for the leader's reactions inviting him forward, ready to charge into the fray or preferably negotiate.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#248 Post by terrymixon »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:24 pm Amistad

"I guess trading access to the water for the girl is out." he says.

He edges his mount a few yards forward, then stops to point out the leader and as scripted in his last action, tries to parlay rather than engage in a pitched battle.

He waits for the leader's reactions inviting him forward, ready to charge into the fray or preferably negotiate.
Mirek will have his bow ready to fire if need be.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#249 Post by Darithe »

Dree makes no aggressive moves but neither does she lower her bow.

Return to “Exploring the North Lands (5e)”