20. Recovering at the Sleeping Dragon

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: 20. Recovering at the Sleeping Dragon

#81 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:OOC: from the way it looked in the drawing, the spider section appeared to be more "rough", maybe cave-like? I looked back and didn't see any kind of description of what it looked like (but maybe I just missed it). Did Gwillt notice if it was very different from the rest of the trog lair?
There wasn't much description provided as there was no lighting, but the little of what you've "seen" of side passages off to the right do lead you to believe that they might be more cavernous.

Code: Select all

|      |         |      /
      |      |         |     /
      |      |        /     /____
       \      \      /           \_____
        \      \     |             
         \      \   /     __            
          \      \ /     /  \       _____
           \      v     /    \     /     \  
            \          /      \___/       
             \        /
              \      /
               |    |
               |    |   
               |    |
               |    |  
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Zhym »

It might also be worth discussing any strategies for dealing with the narrow tunnels, which seemed to be a problem the first time through.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by tooleychris »

If Grim sees the group leaving ? he will hop down to follow.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:OOC: from the way it looked in the drawing, the spider section appeared to be more "rough", maybe cave-like? I looked back and didn't see any kind of description of what it looked like (but maybe I just missed it). Did Gwillt notice if it was very different from the rest of the trog lair?
There wasn't much description provided as there was no lighting, but the little of what you've "seen" of side passages off to the right do lead you to believe that they might be more cavernous.

Code: Select all

|      |         |      /
      |      |         |     /
      |      |        /     /____
       \      \      /           \_____
        \      \     |             
         \      \   /     __            
          \      \ /     /  \       _____
           \      v     /    \     /     \  
            \          /      \___/       
             \        /
              \      /
               |    |
               |    |   
               |    |
               |    |  
OOC: Not at first, sure, but Epsilon later showed up with a torch. Then he lit and threw his flaming oil, also providing good lighting. I was just asking based off that brief exposure.
Zhym wrote:It might also be worth discussing any strategies for dealing with the narrow tunnels, which seemed to be a problem the first time through.
OOC: I agree. We should take such a possibly lengthy discussion to the OOC thread.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

After not speaking for some time, Gwillt suddenly breaks the silence, "I wonder if the spiders and the trogs had some sort of agreement or... mutual understanding? The spiders' area was more like natural stone, not a hole dug in the ground. I bet... I bet there's another exit out that way. And it didn't appear the trogs had any problems moving near the spiders, like they can travel safely among them."

As they get closer to the trogs' lair, Gwillt's vigilance for danger will heighten. And he will attempt to take the party in from a different direction, maybe moving east about an hour before they get to the trog lair and try to come at it from the west, using that eastern trail he noted earlier? When they get within visual distance of the lair, Gwillt will attempt to orient himself to the entrance, then determine where the natural caverns might be in relation above ground to see if anything appears to be a likely secondary source of egress from the lair.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by onlyme »

Ewell listens and agrees.
Yes, those cowards probably would just run away. Maybe we should scout the area, and also set up a battle ground outside where no cheap shots like they were doing before.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”