Spectra Market Day

Eris
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Spectra Market Day

#21 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:51 am So we got the belts for 20k and ski dogs for 15k, really cheap. I did not realize.

I did some reasearch.

So let's do minimum bid 100% over Mark retail.

Belts 84k
Ski doo 40k

Adrian
And it’s been a while, but Lily talked the group into getting some to keep. They were too darned useful. And the flying wings were awesome. ;)
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by ateno »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:55 am It's been a while, but Lily talked the group into getting some to keep. They were too darned useful. And the flying wings were awesome. ;)

Adrian agrees that Lilly will keep a pair for use .

Adrian
Last edited by ateno on Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:03 pm
terrymixon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:55 am It's been a while, but Lily talked the group into getting some to keep. They were too darned useful. And the flying wings were awesome. ;)

Adrian agrees that Lilly will keep a par for use .

Adrian
We bought extra that were not part of the cargo we were selling (I can't remember precisely what) but I think it was a few belts and one of the G-do's. So, we shouldn't have to set aside any in the cargo. Maybe JR remembers how many of what, or could search it out.

Adding:

Eris said this in April of last year.

"Yes, you bought the grav belt and the grav ski, or gDoo, that you had been test flying for the ship. Brent, I think, said you could keep a few of those in cargo if you decided they were really useful, but Lily was pretty adamant you buy those you tested."

So, we have one grav belt and one gDoo already set aside for ship use. Do we want to keep others for when we might need them?

Eris, Lily would've gotten a pair of the wings as well, but I don't see that specifically mentioned and wanted to make sure she has a set with the belt.

The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ateno »

Then lets keep one of each, unless anyone else has Grav skill and wants to have it available?

Adrian can keep them running.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:04 pm Then lets keep one of each, unless anyone else has Grav skill and wants to have it available?

Adrian can keep them running.
We have at least one other driver as she was on the wings while someone else was running the gDoo.

Lily

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:43 pm

Adrian
We bought extra that were not part of the cargo we were selling (I can't remember precisely what) but I think it was a few belts and one of the G-do's. So, we shouldn't have to set aside any in the cargo. Maybe JR remembers how many of what, or could search it out.

Adding:

"Yes, you bought the grav belt and the grav ski, or gDoo, that you had been test flying for the ship. Brent, I think, said you could keep a few of those in cargo if you decided they were really useful, but Lily was pretty adamant you buy those you tested."

So, we have one grav belt and one gDoo already set aside for ship use. Do we want to keep others for when we might need them?

Eris, Lily would've gotten a pair of the wings as well, but I don't see that specifically mentioned and wanted to make sure she has a set with the belt.

Yes, that is right! You have one gDoo and one GBelt (with wings and propulsion) for Ship Crew use. The other grav units are in crates and you can sell as many, or as few, as you'd like.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:04 pm
terrymixon wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:43 pm

Adrian

Adding:

Yes, that is right! You have one gDoo and one GBelt (with wings and propulsion) for Ship Crew use. The other grav units are in crates and you can sell as many, or as few, as you'd like.
Back over to Adrian.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ateno »

Earlier I said:

Belts 84k
Ski doo 40k

So after everything is loaded and locked, Adrian will call whos interested and open the bids.

Adrian

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by bobk2323 »

Since trading isn't really one of her best abilities, Tamaki just follows along with the rest of the crew in the marketplace, for the most part. However, since she does have a bit of streetwise from her unfortunate upbringing (Streetwise-1), she will keep an eye out for anyone who might intend to try to rob (or do something else equally shady) to her or her companions.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:18 pm Earlier I said:

Belts 84k
Ski doo 40k

So after everything is loaded and locked, Adrian will call whos interested and open the bids.

Adrian
OOC: Okay. Rather than play this out, which would be problematic, I'll roll on the Price Table and see what the top price will be. All the Belts and Gravdoos will sell at the top price I rolled (as they are rarities here on Spectra), rounded up to the next thousand to keep it simple, so...

Belts: 135 kCr each belt
Grav Doos: 56 kCr each

You have 48 grav belts and 16 Gravdoos (not including the one each you have for shipboard use). How many belts and doos are you selling here on Spectra?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by Eris »

bobk2323 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:52 pm Since trading isn't really one of her best abilities, Tamaki just follows along with the rest of the crew in the marketplace, for the most part. However, since she does have a bit of streetwise from her unfortunate upbringing (Streetwise-1), she will keep an eye out for anyone who might intend to try to rob (or do something else equally shady) to her or her companions.

--
Bob K.
You find that there are locals clearly keeping an eye out for the same thing as you walk about. The local government is not going to let their rare visitors be robbed in the Marketplace where media is streaming everything live to the entire planet. Keeping on your good side so you'll come back with more items to trade seems to be the order of the day.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:35 pm OOC: Okay. Rather than play this out, which would be problematic, I'll roll on the Price Table and see what the top price will be. All the Belts and Gravdoos will sell at the top price I rolled (as they are rarities here on Spectra), rounded up to the next thousand to keep it simple, so...

You have 48 grav belts and 16 Gravdoos (not including the one each you have for shipboard use). How many belts and doos are you selling here on Spectra?
Should we dump them all folks?

Adrian

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:47 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:35 pm OOC: Okay. Rather than play this out, which would be problematic, I'll roll on the Price Table and see what the top price will be. All the Belts and Gravdoos will sell at the top price I rolled (as they are rarities here on Spectra), rounded up to the next thousand to keep it simple, so...

Should we dump them all folks?

Adrian
"Maybe we should keep a couple of the belts," Joxe suggests.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:49 pm "Maybe we should keep a couple of the belts," Joxe suggests.
"im ok with that, how about we each keep one and get training from our on board instructor?

Adrian

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:00 pm
joertexas wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:49 pm "Maybe we should keep a couple of the belts," Joxe suggests.
"im ok with that, how about we each keep one and get training from our on board instructor?

Adrian
“Trust me when I say that they will pay off when we go exploring. I’m all in on this plan. If we kept a second grav-do, would it take up too much space? They’re handy.”

Lily
Last edited by terrymixon on Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by ateno »

"One for each crewman and 2 Ski doos for the crew, all others for sale. Any against? Lets do it.

Adrian will listen to anyone against.

Sell the rest and one pair goes to the military.

Adrain will copy a basic gravitics repair kit to go with each sale.

Adrian

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by bobk2323 »

ateno wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:24 pm "One for each crewman and 2 Ski doos for the crew, all others for sale. Any against? Lets do it.

Adrian will listen to anyone against.

Sell the rest and one pair goes to the military.

Adrain will copy a basic gravitics repair kit to go with each sale.

Adrian
Tamaki voices no objections to Adrian's plan.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Return to “Akus Moby (Traveller)”