(14) Tionale - In Search of a Lady

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (14) Tionale - In Search of a Lady

#61 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun removes her filter mask and smiles cheerfully at the occupants of the bar whilst looking as dangerous and someone carrying "one too many" guns can. She introduces herself and then orders an ale and chats with the barman while letting Carlos talk business with Harval Pinnack. Her movements are natural despite her thigh holster and shoulder rig as she hitches herself onto a bar stool from where she can watch the room. She confidently speaks to the barman in her "sing song" Sword World accent "I see by the sign on the way in that your town has lost people. I'm sorry for it. That seems a lot all at once for natural causes. Was there an accident?".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:27 pm Sigrun removes her filter mask and smiles cheerfully at the occupants of the bar whilst looking as dangerous and someone carrying "one too many" guns can. She introduces herself and then orders an ale and chats with the barman while letting Carlos talk business with Harval Pinnack. Her movements are natural despite her thigh holster and shoulder rig as she hitches herself onto a bar stool from where she can watch the room. She confidently speaks to the barman in her "sing song" Sword World accent "I see by the sign on the way in that your town has lost people. I'm sorry for it. That seems a lot all at once for natural causes. Was there an accident?".
"Nah! No accident." he says wiping the bar, "Another family moved up to the high plateau that they're terraforming where they won't have to wear these bloody nose plugs."

"I reckon they'll be moving Delgado's star port up there a'fore long" he adds, "Then there will be a mass exodus to New Town, I imagine. Here's your drink."

Over at the table, Carlos and Zaki take chairs next to Harval Pinnack who says, "I'm Pinnack the best local broker here. If you've got goods to move, I'm your man!"

OOC: What are the others here doing?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm
Tiglath wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:27 pm Sigrun removes her filter mask and smiles cheerfully at the occupants of the bar whilst looking as dangerous and someone carrying "one too many" guns can. She introduces herself and then orders an ale and chats with the barman while letting Carlos talk business with Harval Pinnack. Her movements are natural despite her thigh holster and shoulder rig as she hitches herself onto a bar stool from where she can watch the room. She confidently speaks to the barman in her "sing song" Sword World accent "I see by the sign on the way in that your town has lost people. I'm sorry for it. That seems a lot all at once for natural causes. Was there an accident?".
"Nah! No accident." he says wiping the bar, "Another family moved up to the high plateau that they're terraforming where they won't have to wear these bloody nose plugs."

"I reckon they'll be moving Delgado's star port up there a'fore long" he adds, "Then there will be a mass exodus to New Town, I imagine. Here's your drink."

Over at the table, Carlos and Zaki take chairs next to Harval Pinnack who says, "I'm Pinnack the best local broker here. If you've got goods to move, I'm your man!"

Emily will get a drink and find a spot to keep an eye on the bar and her shipmates.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:54 pm
Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm

Emily will get a drink and find a spot to keep an eye on the bar and her shipmates.
Emily is within earshot of both conversations, so she hears what the barman said to Sigrun and what Harval Pinnack said to Carlos.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm "I reckon they'll be moving Delgado's star port up there a'fore long" he adds, "Then there will be a mass exodus to New Town, I imagine. Here's your drink."
Sigrun makes a dent in her ale in one appreciative pull and then asks "Are your young people moving out to New Town too? I have a distant relative from the Sword Worlds who I thought to look up while I'm here". She smiles ruefully "The "distance" is because she's a nice enough kid - but always protesting one thing or another. This time its your environment. She's the type to get offended on someone else's behalf. If you know of such a group I'd like to know where to find them".

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm Over at the table, Carlos and Zaki take chairs next to Harval Pinnack who says, "I'm Pinnack the best local broker here. If you've got goods to move, I'm your man!"
Carlos grins lopsidedly. "So. Let's have a drink, and you can tell me what all you got here to trade out."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:44 pm
Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm Over at the table, Carlos and Zaki take chairs next to Harval Pinnack who says, "I'm Pinnack the best local broker here. If you've got goods to move, I'm your man!"
Carlos grins lopsidedly. "So. Let's have a drink, and you can tell me what all you got here to trade out."
Zaki sits quietly and takes notes as needed using her holo display.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:38 pm
Eris wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:22 pm "I reckon they'll be moving Delgado's star port up there a'fore long" he adds, "Then there will be a mass exodus to New Town, I imagine. Here's your drink."
Sigrun makes a dent in her ale in one appreciative pull and then asks "Are your young people moving out to New Town too? I have a distant relative from the Sword Worlds who I thought to look up while I'm here". She smiles ruefully "The "distance" is because she's a nice enough kid - but always protesting one thing or another. This time its your environment. She's the type to get offended on someone else's behalf. If you know of such a group I'd like to know where to find them".
"Ha! She's with the bunch that call themselves Tionale for Sixes...Tossers is what we call 'em!" says the bartender, "Mostly off-worlders, university and academic types for the most part. The legit research team has a camp down at Bigelow Basin...about 500 klicks inland from here...where the biggest tribe of the locals live. Most of the Tossers are down there, too, although you never know where you might run into 'em."

He points to a small pile of leaflets at the end of the bar, "A pair was in here just the other day trying to hand out leaflets. They were part of a group on their way up to New Town by the airship to protest Delgado's new Scrubber plant that's about to go into operation at South Slope."

He shakes his head, "Fat lot of good protesting progress is going to do. At least, it's progress for Delgado and their partners. I honestly don't know how much their rising tide is gonna float the rest of our boats...if you get my meaning."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:18 am
Pinnack puts his mug down and gets a sly glint in his eye as he leans forward, "I just happened to acquire some industrial robots not long ago. No real call for them here on Tionale, but they could bring a pretty profit for someone selling them on a world with a better industrial base. I got 4 of them, each take up 2 ton space, and I want 2 million credits for 'em." Robots (Industrial), 4 @ 500,000 cr each, 8 dtons space.

"I also got 30 dtons of Silicon blanks ready for turning into computer chips." he says, "No good on Tionale 'cause we don't have a fab plant, but like the robots they'll sell well on worlds with higher tech than we have. I can let you have 'em cheap, um, say...90 k for the lot?" Computer Parts (refined silicon blanks), 30 dtons @ 3,000 cr per/ton

"Then, I've got 4 dtons of brass." he taps the side of his nose, "Loaded brass, if you catch my drift, can't let that fall into the wrong hands, of course, but you seem like an honest feller, so I'd sell that to you. Um, it's in 1 ton palates, so I can't break it down more than that...say 30 k per palate? " Ammunition, 4 dtons @ 30,000 cr/ton

Any of that sound interesting to ya?"
he says with a smile and a wink before taking his mug back up and drinking.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies to the barkeep "Delgado won't be enriching anyone but themselves and those they bribed to get the work here". She takes some leaflets and scans them for any further intel, contact details or, better, an address.

She informs her comrades of her conversation and states "We need to try New Town and South Slope. I'm sure that the more radical and proactive elements of the Tionale for Sixes group will want to take direct action and the new atmosphere scrubber sounds like too good a target for them to pass up".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:15 pm

Pinnack puts his mug down and gets a sly glint in his eye as he leans forward, "I just happened to acquire some industrial robots not long ago. No real call for them here on Tionale, but they could bring a pretty profit for someone selling them on a world with a better industrial base. I got 4 of them, each take up 2 ton space, and I want 2 million credits for 'em." Robots (Industrial), 4 @ 500,000 cr each, 8 dtons space.

"I also got 30 dtons of Silicon blanks ready for turning into computer chips." he says, "No good on Tionale 'cause we don't have a fab plant, but like the robots they'll sell well on worlds with higher tech than we have. I can let you have 'em cheap, um, say...90 k for the lot?" Computer Parts (refined silicon blanks), 30 dtons @ 3,000 cr per/ton

"Then, I've got 4 dtons of brass." he taps the side of his nose, "Loaded brass, if you catch my drift, can't let that fall into the wrong hands, of course, but you seem like an honest feller, so I'd sell that to you. Um, it's in 1 ton palates, so I can't break it down more than that...say 30 k per palate? " Ammunition, 4 dtons @ 30,000 cr/ton

Zaki checks the quoted prices against the ship's database for similar cargo prices.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:51 pm

Zaki checks the quoted prices against the ship's database for similar cargo prices.
The prices all look good in comparison, too good? In any case, it crosses Zaki's mind to wonder how Industrial Robots, tons of Ammunition...if that's what the "brass" actually is, and high tech silicon blanks showed up on a backwater like Tionale.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:11 pm
joertexas wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:51 pm

The prices all look good in comparison, too good? In any case, it crosses Zaki's mind to wonder how Industrial Robots, tons of Ammunition...if that's what the "brass" actually is, and high tech silicon blanks showed up on a backwater like Tionale.
Carlos takes a sip of his beer. "I got a couple air rafts, new in box. And a couple tons of pharmaceuticals. I'll take the best offers for them but I'll be shopping and spreading the love all around. No reason we can't all make out on this run..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”