[OOC] Lonely and ragged

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

[OOC] Lonely and ragged

#1 Post by tibbius »

This is where we'll pause to chat about stuff in the game, outside of the game itself.

It seems important at the outset to establish boundaries on what we'll do and see in the game.

I personally do not want to see explicit torture, gratuitous violence, sexualized behaviors ...

I am ok with reference to offscreen intimacy.

Please let everyone know the boundaries that matter to you.

When all character sheets are submitted, I'll post more to IC thread.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

Re: [OOC] Lonely and ragged

#2 Post by Squid »

Ok, character posted. Let me know if I messed something up or if any changes are needed.

Do you have the campaign ID so we can create the characters for the dice roller?

I agree with your boundaries. I generally like games to be something like PG-13. Swearing is fine, but I don't need gore, torture or over sexualized scenes.

seanfsmith
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by seanfsmith »

Yep, those work for me!

One question @tibbius: the book says we start with both 100 coin (p6) and 50 coin (p11). Which are we going for?
Running Halls of Geryon Playing Drago Bisque
NAZl SLAGS GET lN THE BlN

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by tibbius »

seanfsmith wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:12 pm Yep, those work for me!

One question @tibbius: the book says we start with both 100 coin (p6) and 50 coin (p11). Which are we going for?
The way I've ruled this in another game is:
You can have 100 coin and be Sargolis Famous: in the City Above, treat Events 4 as 5 and 5 as 8.

Or you can have 50 coin, and be unnoticed.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

seanfsmith
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by seanfsmith »

I'll take fame!
Running Halls of Geryon Playing Drago Bisque
NAZl SLAGS GET lN THE BlN

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by Squid »

I selected Unnoticed.

Algernon
Strider
Strider

#7 Post by Algernon »

Looks like we're off and running. I'll get my character posted tomorrow.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by tibbius »

@seanfsmith has set the scene - you all are having a friendly round of drinks under the Red Rooftops.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Algernon
Strider
Strider

#9 Post by Algernon »

I chose to be "Unnoticed," and agree with your terms of gameplay :)

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by Squid »

I edited my post to provide an appearance for Tenota. Sorry I skimmed over that in your message Tibbius.

Algernon
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by Algernon »

Hi Tibbius...Is this the guide for this RPG? Just double checking I have the right one. :)

Algernon
Strider
Strider

#12 Post by Algernon »

I don't recall us discussing anywhere how we would start things off in this campaign: Above, Below, something else. My assumption based on the guide is that we will be going Below, but the guide seems to err on the side of vagueness, so thought we could just discuss it here. Thoughts?

Or are we just winging it? (which is fine too) :)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by tibbius »

Algernon wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:12 pm Hi Tibbius...Is this the guide for this RPG? Just double checking I have the right one. :)
Yes, it's also available on itch.io.
Algernon wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:33 pm I don't recall us discussing anywhere how we would start things off in this campaign: Above, Below, something else. My assumption based on the guide is that we will be going Below, but the guide seems to err on the side of vagueness, so thought we could just discuss it here. Thoughts?

Or are we just winging it? (which is fine too) :)
We're starting under the Red Rooftops above, but heading Below quite soon.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by tibbius »

Hi people!

Are we still in play with this ? It seemed to be starting well, but now it's been a while since anyone has posted.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Squid »

I'm good to continue.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by tibbius »

Absent further interest within the next two days, I'm going to close this game.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Sargolis”