Into The Shadowlands L5R 1st Ed.

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Into The Shadowlands L5R 1st Ed.

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

I’m gauging interest for a Legends of the 5 Rings, the adventure now tentatively named Into the Shadowlands. Kudos to Starbeard for his earlier game, a feat I just can’t replicate. That being said, this will a game using the 1st Edition rules. I only own the hardback core rules and no additional resources save the one about the Shadowlands. So core rules only. Posting rate is one to two posts per week, or slower if needs be. I run another game - Highfell - so I intend to alternate days between the two. Target number of players, around say three to four.

Post here if interested and of course, questions about the game just ask away and I’ll answer.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Into The Shadowlands L5R 1st Ed.

#2 Post by ffilz »

I'm interested. I would love to get some more time playing L5R.
Tamerlaine wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:32 am I’ve been reading L5R (as I understand this to be the system’s acronym) in its 1st iteration. There some things I remember, some not so much. I only have the core rulebook and I’m not buying extra sourcebooks nor would I accept anything from them as well if provided to me. I have a good grasp of Feudal Japanese culture and I would expect every one to display proper deference to the rules of Rokugan society. I will be mixing my own ideas with a resource from a later edition for the adventure. Posting wise I think once or twice a week is fair. If you are okay with this then I’d commit to running the game.
I assume there will be some leeway for players who don't know Rokugan custom as well as their characters... That has always been my sticking point with samurai games. but the games I've been playing have shown that with a little guidance from the GM (or translation of what I say into proper custom) things have gone well and been lots of fun.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Into The Shadowlands L5R 1st Ed.

#3 Post by Starbeard »

I can't join right now, but it sounds fun! I think 1e core, Shadowlands, maybe a few things pulled from the GM Guide are really the sweet spot rules wise.

I'll see if the game is still running if-whenever I can get back into games. In the meantime, feel free to chat with me about the game or 1e L5R.

Return to “Looking for players or games”