Newbie Looking For Mongoose Traveller Game

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
FarseersSeeFar
Squire
Squire

Newbie Looking For Mongoose Traveller Game

#1 Post by FarseersSeeFar »

Just as the title suggests, I'm new to the system and would love to play a game of Traveller 2! I am in EST timezones, and work third shift- but I'm on mobile frequently enough in order to play a play-by-post. Thanks!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Newbie Looking For Mongoose Traveller Game

#2 Post by rredmond »

Welcome FSF! We might have a game or two to pique your interest.
Just an FYI, our anti-spam measures include that your first two posts have to be approved before you can post, PM and play in the games. Actually its our only anti-spam measure, but it's served us well. After your next post you should have no delays. Be well and be welcome!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Leitz »

Welcome! There are several Traveller games in play, PM the DMs to see if they are in a good spot for bringing someone aboard.

FarseersSeeFar
Squire
Squire

#4 Post by FarseersSeeFar »

Thank you for the kind welcome Leitz and Redmond! I'll look into messaging some of the DM's!

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Tiglath »

Hello There and a hearty Welcome Aboard!

I can't make any promises (unless my players expand their unit) but here's my Merc game.
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 42#p607942

Here's the "Intro page": https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 80#p449880

However, this is just but one version of what's on offer.

Look around and see what takes your fancy!
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Tiglath wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:58 am Hello There and a hearty Welcome Aboard!

I can't make any promises (unless my players expand their unit) but here's my Merc game.
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 42#p607942

Here's the "Intro page": https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 80#p449880

However, this is just but one version of what's on offer.

Look around and see what takes your fancy!
If we survive, fingers crossed we'll end up with our own ship and need for expansion :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:27 am If we survive, fingers crossed we'll end up with our own ship and need for expansion :)
Yeah, the nuke could change the survival chances. Still, if anyone isn't incinerated then we'll have some great recruiting poster material! Someone's onboard sensor log has a shot of Freya cuddling Killer in the middle of the firestorm.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Leitz wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:40 am
shaidar wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:27 am If we survive, fingers crossed we'll end up with our own ship and need for expansion :)
Yeah, the nuke could change the survival chances. Still, if anyone isn't incinerated then we'll have some great recruiting poster material! Someone's onboard sensor log has a shot of Freya cuddling Killer in the middle of the firestorm.
An exaggeration!! - Note that this game is Traveller LBB 1-8 not Mongoose. But don't let that put you off - It's very well run.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by dmw71 »

Welcome, FarseersSeeFar.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard FarseersSeeFar!

Tarondor
Squire
Squire

#11 Post by Tarondor »

I'm considering running one or two Play-by-Post Traveller campaigns. I'd like to run them on Paizo's message boards because that's where I run all my games. I'm a long-time GM of both Traveller and play-by-post games and if you love Traveller I'd love to hear from you.

My interest check post can be found HERE. If you are interested, please post there, not here.

By the way, the campaigns in question are Skandersvik and Secrets of the Ancients.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by dmw71 »

Welcome, Tarondor.

We're more than happy to welcome you here to actually run or participate in games here on these forums, but it's kind of bad form for your first ever post to be a recruitment attempt for another site.

I get this:
Tarondor wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:41 pm I'd like to run them on Paizo's message boards because that's where I run all my games.
But why not at least try to host a game here on these forums?

I know other users that have run games on both sites -- here and Paizo -- and I believe their preference was to run their games here.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Tarondor
Squire
Squire

#13 Post by Tarondor »

Is it bad form? Why? Am I taking money out of someone's pocket? (If I am, I apologize). Seems like it would be in gamers' interests to know what's going on in other communities. I certainly wouldn't object if someone there told me about a game I might want to try out here!

Why not run it here? Because all my other games are there and as GM it's easier to have them in one place.

Anyway, now you know. Do with the information what you will.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Leitz »

Yes, it can be in a gamer's interest, and many of us are on other fora. However, your didn't take the time to build a relationship with anyone here, you just came in and said "Hey, things are better over there."

A few months ago I ran a game here, and there was another forum that had a similar genre. I wrote up the planned game and talked to the forum admin privately, letting him decide if I could post about the game. When I did post, I specifically mentioned that the admin had approved.

Helping gamers is great, but we're also friends. Think about how you would feel if a stranger came into your house, sat on your couch, and said the neighbor's couch was better.

Return to “Looking for players or games”