#2 Post by Rex »

Here we go!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OUT OF CHARACTER - 01

#3 Post by atpollard »

Just FYI:
Tran was created just for fun, as an NPC to explore different aspects of the game and rules than Bella. Bella is completely free to invite him along and adventure together, or to continue on her own. I have no set plans either way for a “party”.

So do whatever YOU feel like doing.
Tran (Oritran Leafshire) is the halfling equivalent of a 14 year old Human.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

OK, if we cross paths she will most likely invite him along.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by atpollard »

Rex wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:18 pm Does she have spells as a 1st level Druid? 1E would be 3 first, but not sure which edition you are using for spells and I didn't write any down. If using 1E she doesn't have any healing yet.
I knew that Druids would be needed fairly early (since we started out with Halflings), so I posted a "BLUEHOLME DRUID" in the REFERENCE Topic. The goal was to stay as close as possible to the BLUEHOLME Cleric but to give is a distinct "Druid" flavor.

Here is a link: BLUEHOLME DRUIDS

I just looked up the BLUEHOLME Prentice Rules (by Michael Thomas) and was surprised that First Level Clerics have no spells. Ah well, the rules are what they are.

As DM ... it is also my right to award 4002 XP to each character for the adventure and treasure so far which will raise the Dual-Classed Characters to LEVEL 2 (fixing the spell problem and helping with HP for such a small group.) Rather than split the XP evenly between the classes and advance unevenly, I would prefer to add the Level 2 XP for both classes and advance in both at the same time.
  • Bella = Druid/Thief = 2702 XP (1501+1201) for Level 2/2; 5402 XP (3001+2401) for Level 3/3
  • Tran = Druid/MU = 4002 XP (1501+2501) for Level 2/2; 8002 XP (3001+5001) for Level 3/3

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

That sounds good to me. I had seen the Druid info and honestly just forgot.

2nd level hp [1d5]=5

She now has 10hp. She will take Cure Light Wounds for her spell and cast it on Tran. Sheet updated.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by atpollard »

Greetings:

I added some data to the REFERENCE on LANGUAGES AND INTELLIGENCE.

The important part for Bella and Donn is:

INTELLIGENCE 9-10: Character is initially able to read, write and speak their native language and one other language.

Which means that both characters speak “Dwarven” and “Halfling” and can speak to each other in the native language of either character.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Sheet updated.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

What are the relationships like between the other races, I mean are there any of the traditional negative responses, such as elves vs dwarves?

EDIT: just read the original planning thread, and I get the impression it's neutral at best, no predefined trust anyway.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

My impression and how I have been thing of it anyways is that there isn't much actual contact so more legendary then actual.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by atpollard »

You live in a world dominated by darkness, death and evil. Each race lives in relative isolation (there are no cities with a mixture of races wandering the streets). Each COMMUNITY tends to be a self-contained “world unto itself” (like the early Dark Ages) with a trickle of trade between communities of the same race.

It is these rare TRADERS traveling between communities that would have infrequent contact with the other races and return with frequent stories of having SEEN an “dwarf or elf or Halfling or human” and the rare story of having MET a “dwarf or elf or Halfling or human”.

As far as relationships between the races … Trollkin and Barrow-wights and Monsters all want to kill and eat you and the other Demi-Human races … so the enemy of your enemy is at least NEUTRAL if not a POTENTIAL ally.

Most members of your race will probably live their entire lives without ever even SEEING a member of another race. You are the exceptional individuals that have the potential to change the world.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by atpollard »

Just some fodder:

Nobody HATES Halflings and Halflings tend towards a “tit for tat” response to everyone and everything. Any Trollkin that threatens the Halfling community is attacked BECAUSE it threatens the community. Any Trollkin that avoids the community will probably be avoided by Halflings. Part of the NEUTRAL philosophy of Halflings that generally don’t go looking for trouble.

Dwarves and Trollkin have a long-standing mutual hatred (LG vs CE traditional worldviews).

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by atpollard »

Just a quick clarification on the Trollkin factions. The Witch Doctor is a peace-keeper between the two factions. One faction is headed by the Chieftain and the other is headed by the sleeping Sub-Chieftain that was “charmed” by Tran.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

Thanks for the clarification.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »