Hear None, See None, Speak ...

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Hear None, See None, Speak ...

#1 Post by tibbius »

Here's where we'll plot the meta-plot to our scoundrels' schemes.

First question: do we want to be monkey thieves, lost monkey restorers, or nothing to do with sharp-toothed monkeys? (Quesoleum offers many, many other options for trouble and profit.)
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hear None, See None, Speak ...

#2 Post by shaidar »

I'm happy either way.

I've got 1 point left to spend. I was thinking of "3 lucky shots", but as we've only got a small number of PCs then a sidekick is probably more useful, but I was waiting to see the other characters to choose something to help fill a gap.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by tibbius »

Good ideas.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Leitz »

Accepting a non-paid bit of work from a drunk at a bar, who is obviously unable to do the work himself? No thanks. My character would be more likely to warn the guard that the drunk was going to try and cause her to lose her job.

I'm more the rescue the damsel in distress type, and enjoy doing good and having fun.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by The Bindoner »

Leitz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:02 pm Accepting a non-paid bit of work from a drunk at a bar, who is obviously unable to do the work himself? No thanks. My character would be more likely to warn the guard that the drunk was going to try and cause her to lose her job.

I'm more the rescue the damsel in distress type, and enjoy doing good and having fun.
CJ, when I build her, is only going to rescue damsels there's a good market for. Ransom, sale-price, favours - someone's paying, or the job isn't worth doing.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by tibbius »

The Bindoner wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:20 pm
Leitz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:02 pm Accepting a non-paid bit of work from a drunk at a bar, who is obviously unable to do the work himself? No thanks. My character would be more likely to warn the guard that the drunk was going to try and cause her to lose her job.

CJ, when I build her, is only going to rescue damsels there's a good market for. Ransom, sale-price, favours - someone's paying, or the job isn't worth doing.
Meseems that monkey restoration might be more along the lines of what this group would like.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by shaidar »

As long as the pay is right then a job is a job.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by tibbius »

Here's a different idea:

The Legacy of Behzur Ahkash

You've each been contacted by a too-wise-looking urchin; maybe the same one, maybe a different one for each of you. The urchin delivered a simple message: "Be at the tent of Behzur Ahkash, in the Bazaar, tomorrow when the serpent shits the sun."

{ Behzur Ahkash is a wealthy Berudine merchant who frequently travels with a caravan between the highlands and Quesoleum. You can tell me how you know him, or if you'd prefer me to, I will tell you. }
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

Beyren recalls Behzur Ahkash. He was involved as a go between between the merchant and a band of thieves in the recovery of some stolen merchandise, and the negotiation of a protection fee to ensure any more merchandise didn't go missing in the future.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by tibbius »

Hey folks ... where are we with this?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Leitz »

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I care to game anymore. The people are great, but I get too wrapped up in things and never care for the wait between posts. Could just be the season; this is never a great time for me. Could also be that both brain cells have been boiled a good bit lately, due to being ill.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

I'm still interested, but I'm not going to be able to manage it on my own.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by The Bindoner »

I'm still overcommitted, but I am interested.

I am about to reduce my workload by integrating the new character in my game into the main thread, which halves the thinking/writing on that flank....

If the posting schedule is not too onerous I'll play. It looks fun, but I might struggle to write worthwhile posts more than once or twice a week.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

We could initially aim for one or two major posts each a week, with the intent to increase when we can further down the line.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by tibbius »

It seems like I ought to get a narrative post up now.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Leitz »

I will likely be re-joining an old game shortly; it's light-hearted and that's what I need right now.

Return to “The Legacy (Risus)”