The Apogee of Memory (Ranger-1)

Grognardsw
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Apogee of Memory (Ranger-1)

#201 Post by Grognardsw »

"A cave troll, huh?" responded Elyse. "Watch out for elves. Let's keep our search pattern going and check in in a few hours."

The men were resting for a bit and drinking from their canteens.

Ranger heard noise coming from up the eastward wooded ridge. The cyborg's ears could make out a group of people coming, from the sounds of their footfalls.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by Bluehorse »

Grognardsw wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:01 pm Ranger heard noise coming from up the eastward wooded ridge. The cyborg's ears could make out a group of people coming, from the sounds of their footfalls.
R-1 is happy to let everyone get a well earned rest and encourages everyone to do a weapons check and reload.

When he hears voices he hisses to get everyone's attention and then motions for silence. He radios on. Elyse, we are at the same 20... we have people approaching.

He signals everyone to stand ready and take cover.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by Grognardsw »

Ranger-1’s men spread and took cover. Soon coming over the ridge and emerging from the light woods were a party of human and alien mercenaries by the look of them.

Ranger recognized some from The Odyssey - Dep the human cook, and two alien mercenaries Gipt and Klig.

The others were an older human, a human with a cyborg arm, a furred manimal of some sort, a blue-skinned fin-headed big humanoid, and an insectoid. None of them were from his ship. Were they from the competing TeslaSpace group?

Pictures of the newcomers:
Recognized by Ranger:

Dep, the cook on the Odyssey

Krig, fellow Blue Origin mercenary

Gipt, fellow Blue Origin mercenary

The following are not recognized from The Odyssey:

An unknown alien specie

A mutant furred manimal

A human

A human with cyborg arm

A skiquellian

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Grognardsw »

Pictures of the newcomers:
Recognized by Ranger:

Dep, the cook on the Odyssey

Krig, fellow Blue Origin mercenary

Gipt, fellow Blue Origin mercenary

The following are not recognized from The Odyssey:

An unknown alien specie

A mutant furred manimal

A human

A human with cyborg arm

A skiquellian

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Bluehorse »

Ranger-1 raises with his hand up for the rest of his squad. Hold everyone... Friendlies. R-1 then calls out and identifies himself. Dep, you're just in time. We got us a Cave Troll. Ha! Think it's edible?

Gipt and Klig? That you? Run into any trouble down here?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Grognardsw »

Besides Dep, Gipt and Klig, Ranger did not recognize the others. He realized they may be from the competing mercenary outfit of the TeslaSpace combine.

The cyborg saw them whispering amongst themselves briefly.

“Ranger!” exclaimed Klig with relief.

“We survived the crash of our escape pod,” said Gipt. “Then ran into these guys.” He motioned toward the humans, blue skinned alien and furred manimal.

”They claim to be from The Odyssey, but I don’t recognize them,” said Klig, moving his hand on his gun holster.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by Bluehorse »

R-1 noted the hand movement and made a point of shouldering his big rifle in a show of non-aggression though his shell was still secretly strung up tight and ready. He moved forward and casually looked around while taking in the numbers and armament of the opposing group to size them up. Glad you survived. Way i see it, job or not, we're all in a pickle with the main ship destroyed. How long do you suppose it will be before they send in a backup ship? Think they will have a plan for getting by the strings? Threads? Whatever.

Anyway. Glad to see more familiar faces. I have a bad feeling about this place. There seems to be a lot of megafauna... think our groups should hook up for safty in numbers?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Grognardsw »

The mercenary with the cyborg arm steps forward, hands up, in response to Klig’s words.

“Woah woah woah there. Calm down do you seriously mean to tell me you know every single person ever that was ever on any ship you have been on? I tend to keep to myself me and the few folks I trust always been my code. We ain't done nothing wrong to any of you, we even helped you out or tried to. Why do you want to jump straight to violence?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Grognardsw »

“We are offering help with your wounded and you threaten violence,” said the furred manimal to the antagonistic Klig. ”No wonder you look about half dead."

The human mercenary with the cybernetic arm said to Ranger: "Man and I thought I had a lot of hardware." He indicated his own cybernetic arm. "What the hell happened to you man to end up like that?"

The adventure continues, and you may post, at:
viewtopic.php?p=588102#p588102

Return to “X Minus One (Gamma World 2e)”