The Saloon (OOC Thread)

Samwell Turleton
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Saloon (OOC Thread)

#61 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Good luck preparing and working through your classwork!

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Bluehorse »

I am back-ish. Trying to make some posts so characters are caught up properly. Tomorrow is my first day back to work but I also just turned in all my finals for the summer semester so that is a big relief. Thanks for being patient with me!!!

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by jemmus »

The summary of the Pygmy Goat Ranch thread is really helpful, I think. Thanks GM!
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Let me know if you want summaries for any of the other threads as well.

I'll keep Brimston's story moving along here shortly.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Marullus »

Because these games stretch over so much real-time, I've started posting regular summaries in a separate "story so far" type thread, or making some kind of index to ease looking up past moments (for my own reference as much as for players!). For example, the foreshadowing scene where Wyatt, George, and Lenny saw visions of the snake emerging was 11 months ago (I was surprised when I paged back to find it). If you open to new players, then this becomes even more of a critical step, as reading all the threads of a game is daunting. Given the rich complexity you're writing here, having a running summary thread with links to posts might be worthwhile.

As far as what I'd ask - I'm keeping responsible for what's happening to Lenny and George, including going back and re-reading our own posts as necessary. I don't have the time (though the stories are good!) to read the other parallel threads. If you don't opt for a summary thread, I ask that if there's things you want us to have awareness of OOC or IC, that you crosspost it. I will gladly read summaries of the other PC stories when I don't have time to follow along real-time. :)

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#66 Post by Samwell Turleton »

I appreciate the feedback!

I will chip away at setting up a summary thread. I haven’t been as aggressive at recruiting players to join, it is a real struggle to catch interest. It would be helpful, however, to have the summaries set up if anyone else does join and to remind everyone about, or clarify, what is going on.

I really am not expecting anyone to have to follow the other threads to know what is going on. I want each thread to function independently. I am, however, putting stuff in the threads that are related to each other but individually you are only responsible for reacting to the hard to explain stuff that happens to your characters.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by jemmus »

Urson, who was playing Tex Arcana, turned me onto this old 80s comic. http://www.texarcana.com/ The title is a play on Texarkana, TX-AK of course. It ran in the old Heavy Metal magazine. The theme is similar to Casketlands-- Old West with magic. The art is really, really good, I think. NSFW
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#68 Post by dmw71 »

There hasn't been any activity since September 26th so I'm just checking in on the status of this game.

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Samwell Turleton »

That is a good nudge. The game lost a lot of momentum with the extended break last year and not getting all of the players back has made it hard to build that back. I think it is probably time to put the game away but first I would like to see with the remaining players if they want to have an opportunity to ask any questions about the world or the direction that the game might have been heading.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Marullus »

I am glad to say it again - you are a fabulous storyteller and did a great job here. When you said this was your first game, I was shocked. The Casketland rules don't give much to work with (my RL group gave up on it as half-baked and unplayable) so the success here was completely attributable to you.

I really enjoyed the tale around my gravediggers (my apologies to Steinbeck) and Sheriff Wyatt. I am not sure what all transpired in the other threads, but your snake story (especially with the competing legends) was awesome. I would be glad to hear where that was going.

Return to “Casketlands (Apocalypse World)”