[Tiny Dungeons] "Bitter Broth" Adventure Path playtest

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

[Tiny Dungeons] "Bitter Broth" Adventure Path playtest

#1 Post by tibbius »

I'm writing an adventure path for the Tiny Dungeons Tiny Trove on Drivethrurpg. The tagline is "revenge is a bitter broth, better served cold."

I need people to test out some of the scenes in Act 1 of the module. Basically want to know where breaking points might be, whether the combats flow as I imagine, etc.

Here is first page of the module:
This adventure path is set in the Land of Roses and Thorns microsetting (from the Tiny Dungeons 2E corebook), immediately before the fall of House Pollox. Its events drive that fall, despite any efforts the players might make against it. By its end, the path sets up the players to navigate the political cataclysm that rocks the Kingdom of Rosalind.

All PCs know that there are seven major Houses in Rosalind: in descending order of importance the human House Pollox of King Bryce, the Fey House Nasub, the human House Rysząb, the human House Hyrow, the Salimar House Bótłesz, the Lizardfolk House Issimek, and the Dwarf House Oggit.

Halfling or Goblin PCs also know that the Halflings and Goblins of Rosalind don't have their own Houses. Instead, they work as servants for the other Heritages. They try to regulate their working conditions through the Servants Guild, which lobbies the King alongside the Houses.

PCs with peasant-ish family trades know that those who aren't members of a House or of the Servants Guild live penurious and arduous lives. Their families are quite proud of them for attaining hero status in a House, and portions of their stipends support a better and less laborious lifestyle for the folks back home.

The PCs all are heroes of House Rysząb and live comfortable lives. Have them set the Scale and Influence of their House according to the microsetting rules.
Now the heroes of House Rysząb have foregathered to feast with their Lord and Lady in celebration of a jubilee wedding anniversary, for which they obtained a vineyard from House Bótłesz. Ambassadors of Hyrow and Nasub, and even an emissary of Bótłesz, are at the feast.

The vineyard was collateral for a loan that House Bótłesz made to House Rysząb for the Lord and Lady's wedding feast, 50 years ago.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [Tiny Dungeons] "Bitter Broth" Adventure Path playtest

#2 Post by ybn1197 »

Count me in Tibbius, loved the last adventure for Tiny Dungeons you ran.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by tibbius »

Cool! I think we need about two (or three) more players.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by Squid »

In!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

I think then we need one more!

This will be great for me - I am running a playtest over on Discord as well - now I will get to see how disparate groups of characters play through this.

As soon as we pick up a third player!

I should add: the players' heroes don't have to be Karhu, they can be any heritage.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Looking for players or games”