Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Joker & Roy: Time to Try the New Toy!!!

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 12, 2018 9:00am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Joker's final roll. Since Roy already broke 20, this would just be for bonus.
Brains v20 [4d6]=11 G: [1d6]=6
Not quite enough, but you guys are in great shape so this is already a success. :)

Overall Cost? ZERO! Because you were still rolling in Day 1 which means you had all the parts etc you needed or it was nul amounts for soddering etc. You were just allowed to roll on reduced difficulty so Congrats! You are only out the gear that was originally used. I am rolling cost here to see what you "Got back" as you streamlined the build.

Stage2: [1d6x100]=5x100=500 Stage4: [1d6x100]=2x100=200 Stage6: [1d6x100]=1x100=100

+$800 back in parts from the Beta Prototype. I will dump this into inventory as $800 in parts.

Joker & Roy have made a lot of headway in a VERY short amount of time through their collaborative efforts. It has come down to this, a real test to see if their build really works.

3.... 2.... 1....
The Field Generator hums happily... not unlike the Containment unit itself, but rather than creating an internal oscillating field it projects one outward. Roy, with a little know-how and an incredibly well-designed program, can control it from his phone, changing frequencies and area up to a 100-yard radius! Nothing is getting in or out!

SUCCESS!!!

So. Roy, feel free to take it from here to describe what the app and program look like if you feel up to it.
Joker, if you would tell us what the device itself looks like.

I would say another call to GBI for a patent is in the very near future!
New Brownie Point Pool shows Spending so far from the previous Firehouse Thread.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 230/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 287/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 268/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

Julia Dunst: 49/49

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Joker & Roy: Time to Try the New Toy!!!

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Fairly simple the app looks a bit like this
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker claps Roy on the back, smiling broadly. I suppose you get naming rights for this one, eh?
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shakes his head "Nah we are a team mate. Besides I'm not good with naming things."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Bluehorse »

Feel free to keep up the dialogue about naming if you like or come up with a name as an aside. I am jumping this forward for you.

Julia pages Roy & Joker letting them know that she has got GBI Labs on the phone and patches it through to the conference room. The voice of Jeremy Spangler comes over the speakerphone. Hey guys! Jeremy here! Hey, hope you don't mind, but when I heard you had a new gadget for us, I wanted to jump my sister and hear all about it. What have you got? If it is anything like the J.O.D. then there are a lot of people ready to line up and have a look! the real and true excitement in his voice is apparent and the smile you can hear in his words is oddly infectious.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy smiles hearing Jeremy over the phone "Oh well uh yes we did manage to pull a new trick out of our hat sir. Though I don't know if it's as cool as the J.O.D." he says at a loss for words and what to say since they still haven't quite come up with a name for it.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Joker
Until we come up with something better, call it the PFG- Portable Field Generator.
FA FO

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nodding his head "PFG sounds like the name for the time being then."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Joker
To Jeremy, on the phone:
I do not know if you have seen the report, but we encountered an Entity that had been restrained to a specific building by- err- Magic. We accidentally disturbed the items that maintained the field. A...coven... of witches were holding a restraining field, and I was able to replicate that field.
It's a power hog- but this field will hold Vigo-level entities. Anything more powerful will walk through it like a garden sprinkler.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Bluehorse »

Jeremy's excitement is palatable. That is awesome! I can hardly wait to see the specks! So what kinds of parts did you us? So wait... you built this on the fly? WOW! We have got to compare notes... Okay, so it sounds like you are down some equipment... I am going to work on getting that taken care of for you, okay? Oh Sh...! Gotta go! Bye!

There is a voice on the other end that you realize is Veronica What are you doing?

Jeremy Nothing! *click!*

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy looks to Joker raising an eyebrow "Now what do you suppose that was all about?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker shrugs. A power struggle, I suppose. I would not hold my water waiting for more spare parts from Jeremy.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Bluehorse »

rather than go trace back all the different rolls for this and work out how many are for here vs what was in the 601 thread, I am going to just give a straight 15 BP to both of you for the actual R&D for once you showed up. There is going to be more cash coming in plus some other goodies soon, in case you think this is lean. ;)

Return to “Mission Archive”