Those Ecto-1 Blues

#1 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (3)
Back @ HQ
September 12, 2018 10:00am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Coming from Here:
viewtopic.php?f=628&t=11413

Roy had called the day before and gotten ahold of Julia's dad, Mark. Mark was a bit gruff to say the least but in the end he had agreed to have a look at the beat-up Ecto and even sent a tow truck to come to load up the sad-looking Jeep. That had been yesterday. Now, Roy heard the phone in his pocket ringing and saw it was the mechanic calling him back.

Mark Calling you back on your Jeep. It's pretty torn up. Get a pen ready. Your Steering Linkage & Pump are both busted up. That comes to about $600. In general, getting the rest of your Suspension right will be another $385. We will have to do an Alignment that comes to $160, but it is going to do you no good unless we replace the shock, which are completely shot all around. Shocks are $365 because, with the kind of driving you are doing with an emergency vehicle, you cannot go cheap grade. I won't even put them on unless you let me go performance or better. That brings me to your tires, One of them was damaged and cannot hold pressure, it was flat by the time it got her on the truck. It has to be replaced, and I recommend you do all four since the others are worn. Tires are $196 each and we can mount and balance them here. Now the really bad part. Normally I would say you have an option, because safe to drive isn't always pretty, but you have damage to your subframe, so we are going to have to fix that, along with the bodywork on the side where you sideswiped. Subframe repair and Bodywork to make it safe will be another $1,100. Now all that comes out to a total: $3,394

Roy's notes look something like this when he is done:
Steering Linkage & Pump: 600
Suspension: 385
Alignment: 160
Shocks: 365
Tire: 196ea
Subframe & Body: 1100

Total: 3394
Now most all of that I can have done here, but the bodywork itself will have to go to my guy down the road. He does good work and I guarantee it myself. He does all my stuff, both business and personal.

New Brownie Point Pool shows Spending so far from the previous Firehouse Thread. All of these threads will be merged for Phase two of all this later, I will keep things as up to date across the threads as I can but might be all calculated at the "wrap up"

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 230/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 287/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 268/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Those Ecto-1 Blues

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy trying to sound optimistic "Ah alright thanks Mark. I think right now the biggest concern is getting it back in drivable shape the body work may have to wait a bit. I'll talk to the guys and Julia to see where to go from here. I'll give you a call back or have someone else here give you a call." after the call with Mark he shares the information with the team and Julia. "Hope we got plenty of money in the bank or some good paying jobs lined up." he states when showing the notes and figures.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker blushes, knowing that most of this cost is directly his fault. I hope the others will agree to take it from our profits on the Device.
FA FO

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#4 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Ouch. That's gonna hurt. But, it has to get fixed. At least make it drivable. If it looks like crap, well, we can do that some other time. We're pretty much dead in the water if we don't have a vehicle. On the bright side, the day has to get better from here on out, right?
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Agreed, we need to have it running."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Bluehorse »

When the numbers are brought to Julia, she visibly cringes and then shakes her head. Glad I don't have to pay for that... I'll put in a claim with the city and they should take care of it. We are covered through their emergency vehicle insurance and they should cover the deductible. That said she pulls something up on her computer and begins filling out a form that apparently was already half done. I assume someone told dad to go ahead and get started?

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods his head "I told him best to start on the mechanical repairs I told him drivable and safe is more important at the moment than body work. I'll call him back though to make sure I was clear sometimes I don't come off as very clear with my words." he says then hits redial on his phone to get back to Mark. He steps away and makes sure his call is a bit more private.

"Hello it's Roy with GBI calling back just got the confirmation go ahead and start doing the work, and go ahead and give the fellow that can give us an estimate on the body work sounds like it's all covered by our insurance per Julia. So it's a greenlight to start the work. Thanks again Mark. We'll be sure to spread word that your the best and how great the work is." he tries to smooth talk as best he can but he is fully sincere in spreading word of mouth about the mechanic and body shop. "Heck if you guys want feel free to put a company sticker for both you guys and the body place on there just don't cover up the GBI logo."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy to Mark "No worries Mark. I don't want to push my luck and ask for a rush job. I know that rushed work doesn't come out right all the time. I'll let the others know. Thanks again Mark!" then Roy fills everyone else in on the timeframe of the repair work. "Julia does the insurance by chance cover getting us a rental while Ecto 1 is out of commission?" he asks Julia after the call with Mark.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:53 pm Roy. "Julia does the insurance by chance cover getting us a rental while Ecto 1 is out of commission?" he asks Julia after the call with Mark.
Rental covered? 1 to 3 yes: [1d4]=1

Julia checks something real quick and nods. We're in luck! We can cover a rental for 30 days. Want me to start calling around?

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy nods "Yes please. You're the best Julia. Besides we can't go asking you to drive us around all the time."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:16 pm Roy nods "Yes please. You're the best Julia. Besides we can't go asking you to drive us around all the time."
Julia smiles, You're right. her tone, though kind, has a hint of weight to it.

Any kind of vehicle in particular you guys want me to look for?

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:54 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:16 pm Roy nods "Yes please. You're the best Julia. Besides we can't go asking you to drive us around all the time."
Julia smiles, You're right. her tone, though kind, has a hint of weight to it.

Any kind of vehicle in particular you guys want me to look for?
Roy smiles at Julia "You know if you have the numbers I can call around. I know you have a lot to deal with already."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 pm Roy smiles at Julia "You know if you have the numbers I can call around. I know you have a lot to deal with already."
Julia nods. Absolutely! Here I will get you a few places that are in town and you can see what you find. Let me know if you need anything else.

Number 1
Roll Mod Cool and Mod Brains
If both are successful you can roll to see what cars are available.

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

For every Success, you can roll on the following tables: Any Ghost Die in your roll means you roll with a -1.
Success 1d13
1. Economy. Passengers: 4. Bags: 2.
2. Compact. Passengers: 2. Bags: 2. Examples: Ford Focus, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris
3. Intermediate / Mid-size / Standard. Passengers: 5. Bags: 3-4. Examples: Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Volkswagen Jetta
4. Full-size / Premium. Passengers: 5. Bags: 4. Examples: Nissan Maxima, Toyota Avalon, Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Impala
5. Luxury. Passengers: 5. Examples: Audi A4, Chrysler 300, BMW 5 series, Cadillac XTS, Lincoln Continental
6. Convertible. Passengers: 2-4. Examples: Audi A5, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, BMW 4-series
7. Compact SUV. Passengers: 5. Examples: Kia Sportage, Nissan Juke, Ford Eco Sport
8. Intermediate / Mid-size / Standard SUV. Passengers: 5. Examples: Audi Q5, Toyota RAV4, Mitsubishi Outlander, Ford Escape
9. Full-size / Premium SUV. Passengers: 7-8. Bags: 5. Examples: Audi Q7, Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford Expedition, Toyota Sequoia
10. Luxury SUV. Passengers: 5-7. Bags: 3-5. Examples: Audi Q3, Infiniti QX80, Cadillac Escalade
11. Minivan. Passengers: 7-8. Bags: 5. Examples: Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna, Nissan Quest
12. Passenger van. Passengers: 8-12. Bags: 7. Examples: Ford E-Series, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Nissan NV
13. Pickup truck. Passengers: 4. Bags: 3-4. Examples: Nissan Frontier, Ford F-150, Dodge Ram

The rolls 1d3 per Category to see which vehicle is available.
1. Chevrolet Spark, Hyundai Accent, Mitsubishi Mirage
2. Ford Focus, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris
3. Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Volkswagen Jetta
4. Nissan Maxima, Ford Fusion, Chevrolet Impala
5. Audi A4, Chrysler 300, BMW 5 series
6. Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, BMW 4-series
7. Kia Sportage, Nissan Juke, Ford Eco Sport
8. Toyota RAV4, Mitsubishi Outlander, Ford Escape
9. Chevrolet Tahoe, Ford Expedition, Toyota Sequoia
10. Audi Q3, Infiniti QX80, Cadillac Escalade
11. Dodge Grand Caravan, Toyota Sienna, Nissan Quest
12. Ford E-Series, Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Nissan NV
13. Nissan Frontier, Ford F-150, Dodge Ram

So that is 5 chances to get a hit, and each change is a possibility of 13 different car categories. Good Luck!

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Number 1 Toyota Yaris
Number 2 Nissan Versa
Number 3 Ford Escape
Number 4 Nissan Frontier
Number 5 Dodge Ram

Roy after calling around Roy goes to find Julia again "I think we should take the Ford Escape it will have the most amount of room for most of us and our gear. Too bad we couldn't get one of the trucks too. Then again... hey Julia do you think we could afford to rent or lease one of the trucks I found? Seeing as the insurance is covering the other rental."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:03 pm hey Julia do you think we could afford to rent or lease one of the trucks I found? Seeing as the insurance is covering the other rental."[/dialog]
Julia makes a phone call and checks on a 30 day rental on a full sized pickup.

When she comes back. Well, I can get us a pickup for $2,850... and that comes out to $2,615 when I get the corporate code for GBI.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy trying to crunch the numbers in his head "Hmm well maybe we should think on that more, it may be worth it down the road, for now lets just stick with the Ford Escape through the insurance. Thanks Julia, you're the best."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker says nothing, still aghast at the damage he managed to do. He smiles thanks to Julia.
FA FO

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Bluehorse »

Julia smiles and nods. Anytime.
I'll reserve the Ford and arrange payment through the insurance.

By the end of the day, a shiny new Ford Escape is delivered behind the Firehouse and the team has a nice set of temporary wheels.
2018_ford_escape_s-pic-3339707854709132701-1600x1200.jpeg
2018_ford_escape_s-pic-3339707854709132701-1600x1200.jpeg (448.22 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Roy BP spending:
-18 to Rolls

Success!

18 x 150% = 27

will add this in the Firehouse thread when these other threads merge.

Return to “Mission Archive”