Looking For a Co-DM (Closed!)

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Looking For a Co-DM (Closed!)

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Probably one of the strangest things to ask for but right now with things as they are I feel like I could use a "co-DM" to help keep my 3 games moving at a bit more normal pace. But I don't know really if aside from 1 game I was in as a player if this really ever happens on PBP games. I know in RL I had this with 2 friends we would kind of rotate DMs but anyway I am rather not wishing to abandon or table my 3 games and attempt a revival later down the road. So at any rate is there anyone familiar enough with AD&D 2nd edition to be willing to aid me in DMing?

PM Me or post here if interested or with whatever questions you have.

Thanks!
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Looking For a Co-DM

#2 Post by dmw71 »

The players in my games will kill me if I take on yet another game here, but what are you looking for exactly?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Leitz »

It's actually not an odd idea at all, though rare to actually see people do it. When Neverwinter Nights was a thing, I went through their DM school. They suggested running very lightly populated scenes sequentially. So one DM ran the scene and the other DM watched the scene and added stuff to the next scene to tie into what the group was doing/saying. Once the DMs and players get used to everyone's styles it can work nicely; no DM gets overwhelmed and they all have a chance to recharge their creative batteries.

That said, I'm not a 2nd edition person, and not looking to DM any time soon. :)

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by tarlyn »

dmw71 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 pm The players in my games will kill me if I take on yet another game here, but what are you looking for exactly?
That is the right question to ask.

GreyWolfVt what are you looking for exactly?
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

dmw71 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:13 pm The players in my games will kill me if I take on yet another game here, but what are you looking for exactly?
I wouldn't kill you- just beat you to unconsciousness (I'm only in 2 of your 3 games, so figure I can only kill you 2/3 of the way).
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What I am looking for is someone that can keep the game moving if I take too long. Helping write up and post DM updates. Combat scenarios I can handle but some of the time i take 2 weeks to post an update and I don't like to be that slow and leave players waiting for a long time.

Keeping the car moving forward is the short version answer.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by dmw71 »

Scott308 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:33 am I wouldn't kill you- just beat you to unconsciousness (I'm only in 2 of your 3 games, so figure I can only kill you 2/3 of the way).
:lol:
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright well right now I have at least 2-3 people that have PM'd or contacted via post here. Do any of you need any more information or should I try and get some of my assistants added to the games offered?

I'm getting assistance from Hedgeknight for the GreyHawk game. Beyond that I might be ok alone in the other 2 games. But some assistance even just with posting updates on occasion or correcting mine is really the bulk of the assistance needed.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ok sorry for the way I left things here. So I took Hedgeknight's offer of co-dming my GreyHawk game to which we have talked and are going to split DM since I have 2 groups he takes one group I take the other. So that is settled.

I wouldn't mind another "assistant" for my Haunted tower game possibly though I appear to have been sort of keeping myself more on track with that game. So how about my B11/B12 game offers above still stand? Which honestly appears to be only Dave with some mixed in chatter.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

At this point never mind. I'll close this at this time I'll be able to manage.

Return to “Looking for players or games”