ateno
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Train to the Stars

#241 Post by ateno »

Pre-flight begins:

Gunnar:

It appears Monte knows his stuff. The both of you prepare and no slip ups. Once Montes broken in, you can get some more sleep.

Garrett arrives on the bridge, "Ill take a seat and open the sensors package."

At 1630, Devs lawyer arrives for transit to the meeting with Octavia.

The ship handles as easily as it did in gravity and take off is easily accomplished at 1700.

Heading vaguely north towards the volcano is about 20 minutes.

Ground control contacts you and you are cleared for landing at pad 4.

As you enter the tunnel, Hiro you see your ship, which has been cleaned up, shiny, no pockmarks, cleared of all markings and all evidence of past battles are gone.

You land and shut down main engines and you are met by a landing officer a messenger and a security man.

The messenger give you a invite for dinner in a hour and a half, you may stay on your ship or follw him the the relaxation room.

The security man grunts at Gunnar and makes a 'follow me' gesture.

SilverKnight
Squire
Squire

#242 Post by SilverKnight »

He thanked Dev for hiring him, and said I'd be charmed Lassie to see ya at dinner. He gave her a 2 handed salute before heading aft to Engineering.

Hiro says "So you say you know your way around Engineering? Aye, that I do Sir, and I'm not a half-bad Gunner either, if I do say so myself.. He smiled broadly.

After that, he headed to Engineering with Gunnar. After pleasantries, he took in the Engineering bay like a dry sponge to water, soaking it all in. He hung on Gunnar's every word broadening his knowledge and tailoring it to this vessel. After a short time, he turned to Gunnar and said I think I've got a good handle on it Sir. Feel free to take it easy, as I'm making up for lost time here. He sighed a bit heavy, but contentedly. With that he dove into the work of keeping this beauty running in top form.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#243 Post by cybersavant »

To Scott, Hiro says "So you say you know your way around a Engineering section?" The turning to Gunnar, Hiro asks "Would you be willing to take him down to Engineering and see what he knows?"

Gunnar Thunarssen "Sure. This way, Scott. Gunnar give him a tour of the ship on the way to engineering. "Of particular note are the hidden access to the drives."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#244 Post by bsongy »

...met by a landing officer a messenger and a security man...

The messenger give you a invite for dinner in a hour and a half, you may stay on your ship or follow him the the relaxation room.

Hiro neither stays on the ship nor goes to the relaxation room, instead he addresses the landing officer "I would be willing to pay you 300 credit gratuity, if you can find me two off duty stevedores, in the next few minutes, who are willing to earn a quick 200 credits each for an hours worth of work." Hiro listens to the landing officers response, then is on the move.

Walking to his soon-to-be-former Yacht, he punches in the access code and enters, looking for signs that the ground crew broke into his ship. He gave no one the access code, so things should be the way he left it.

Moving to the cargo area he starts shifting the briefcase and the numerous duffle bags to the airlock. At the airlock, if the stevedores are expected, Hiro will have them transport the duffle bags to the Train to the Stars while he carries the briefcase. After paying the helpers in cash, he should still give him a good 40 minutes dress for dinner. He chooses a Khaki riding suit with a short jacket that stops at the waist. With a waist sash and scarf tied as an ascot as accents, both in burgundy and tan.

Otherwise, if no stevedores are expected, he will carry the briefcase and one duffle on the first trip. Onboard the Train to the Stars, he will secure the briefcase and the first duffle in his stateroom. Then he will proceed to make two more trips, carrying two duffles each time. Hot and sweaty from his labors, he will have only minutes to prepare for dinner and, much to his displeasure, will make do with only stripping off his sweat soaked shirt, quickly washing and grooming, and donning a clean, dark green tunic, to go with his dark brown pants.

He makes sure to re-secure the Yacht on his last trip.

In any case, he adds his gun belt over his outfit and heads to dinner.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#245 Post by cybersavant »

ateno wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:21 pm Gunnar:

It appears Monte knows his stuff. The both of you prepare and no slip ups. Once Montes broken in, you can get some more sleep.

You land and shut down main engines and you are met by a landing officer a messenger and a security man.

The messenger give you a invite for dinner in a hour and a half, you may stay on your ship or follw him the the relaxation room.

The security man grunts at Gunnar and makes a 'follow me' gesture.
Gunnar Thunarssen follows the guard.
gaming since 1980

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by ateno »

Hiro:

You are able to get helpers to move your equipment to the other ship. No signs of anyone in the ship at all. You do note the fuel you had left was removed.
While moving things the one of the Stevedores gets you alone and asks if you need a servant for your transit to the next world.
You are able to dress in time to your liking and head to dinner.

Gunnar:

You are lead to the employees canteen and told to sit. "Octavia will call for you soon." Having a bit of cool well water you wait less than 10 minutes.

"Welcome back Gunnar, you have a half hour, I have another meeting before dinner. Tell me how your week was and specifically anything about
each of them that will help me in dealing with them in the ship swap. Likes/dislikes, background, what makes them uncomfortable and such, off the top of your head so I can ask questions. Also who is this new one?

Dev, Monte and Garrett:

You are led to the relaxation room, a large cleansing area and a large supply of paraphernalia with the bathroom. A sunken set of couches with a tri vid. A full bar but not a lot of variety. Also a napping couch with noise reducer and drapes.
Once alone, Garrett asks Dev. "Do we need to worry about Gunnar?"

SilverKnight
Squire
Squire

#247 Post by SilverKnight »

Monte looked appreciatively at their surrounding and let's out a low whistle.Well isn't this pretty as a picture? He smiled glancing at Dev and Garret. Suddenly, he moved to the bar. Would anyone like a drink? He scanned the bottles searching for the best Scotch he could find, and poured himself a glass. He waited to see if the others wished likewise.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#248 Post by cybersavant »

ateno wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 am Gunnar:
You are lead to the employees canteen and told to sit. "Octavia will call for you soon." Having a bit of cool well water you wait less than 10 minutes.
"Welcome back Gunnar, you have a half hour, I have another meeting before dinner. Tell me how your week was and specifically anything about
each of them that will help me in dealing with them in the ship swap. Likes/dislikes, background, what makes them uncomfortable and such, off the top of your head so I can ask questions. Also who is this new one?
Gunnar Tunarsson "Well, Sir, we've been busy getting the ship fit to travel. We've each been working in different sections. They took a small transport job on the way, to pay for repairs. As a consequence, we were attacked by rivals. Nothing much happened with that. Dev and Hiro tend to compare notes before deciding stuff."
gaming since 1980

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#249 Post by ateno »

Octavia: "Ok, Gunnar, that's good to know, they actually are working together, drunkards, partiers, gay, background, anything else?

I know Garrett, he was here a month earlier, who is the drak haired skinny guy with a smile? Monte? Where did he come from? Merc?"

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#250 Post by KoboldStew »

Standing at the window of the lounge, Devereaux is able to watch Hiro and his stevedores bringing the loads of baggage from his former ship. "We're presuming a lot here," she thinks, more more capable of seeing the faults in others than those in herself or her won immaculately unpacked closet.

She's wearing white trousers and a blouse that shifts hues on its own, vacillating between an umber and a yellow-red. The effect is mesmerizing, and she knows she is well enough tailored to be confident she will catch the eye of anyone joining them. It's then that Monte arrives and instantly offers everyone a scotch. She knows there's a peaty sythehol behind the bar, but she hopes for the floral bouquet of the whiskey they had picked up, which would brun but also take off the edge.

The lawyer, sitting at a table and not saying much, has already shown her the documents he has assembled on the ship and given her a copy. She trusts he's more competent at the local law than she, and so is content to keep him around. She does not offer him a drink, however.

Hiro was missing out, she realized.

Dev is still thinking about the question Garret had asked earlier -- do we have to worry about Gunnar? The truth is she didn't know. She had said as much to him at the time: "We can't say, but once we're away from this rock we'll have a good sense of whether he's betrayed us or not. So far, he has not, and really we just need this trade to go through. Once we're away, he'll be with us or not." Dev is pretty sure she'd have said something like that whatever she believed, but it happened to be true.

When Hiro does appear, wearing his dapper green shirt, she appraises him. He's not peacocking, she decides. But he does like good clothing.

As she knocks back what remains of her drink, she asks, "Are we ready to dine?"

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#251 Post by cybersavant »

ateno wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:48 am Octavia: "Ok, Gunnar, that's good to know, they actually are working together, drunkards, partiers, gay, background, anything else?

I know Garrett, he was here a month earlier, who is the drak haired skinny guy with a smile? Monte? Where did he come from? Merc?"
Gunnar Thunarssen "Not that i saw. The new guy? Not sure. He popped up when that other crew attacked."
gaming since 1980

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”