How to create a Champions character for the United Earth PbP Game

gurusql
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

How to create a Champions character for the United Earth PbP Game

#1 Post by gurusql »

The first thing to know is there are no dice involved in the character creation process. Champions is a point-based system.

To start, you need to answer with either a few bullets or few sentences to the following three questions for your character (more is better than less):
  • Who am I as a person? (This is about the person not about powers, think about ethic, national and economic background, age, gender, what is the person like, does this person have a job, etc.)
  • What are the Special Effects and Powers of this hero? (This does not require any knowledge of the game system.) This is a description of how the character’s powers work – how would your powers look and react in a movie trailer. Perhaps you want to have powers like your favorite comic or movie character but with this twist.
  • What are the Complications of the hero’s life? Lots of ways to go here, some idea to think about are
    • Direct difficulties because of powers [perhaps you must be in water every 24 hours]
    • Physical or emotional limitations or disabilities
    • Strong opinions (while these can be positive or negative [as a hero positive ones are great]) – What drives the character or what will the character not stand for.
    • Relationships (family, romantic, work)
    • General Bad Luck
Once you have these three-thoughts fleshed out PM the answers to me. The next step will be to work through the formal character creation. The Hero system in terms of skills, powers, and disadvantages is fairly detailed. Here are two options, (a) – as a HERO systems expert you can create a character or (b) you can allow me to create a first draft for you.

One thing that I do want to state up front, is that we will be creating heroes that are early in their career (275 points compared to starting at 250). If you think that each comic book issue a character is gaining 1-2 EXP but can see that characters like the Avengers would be several hundred points if build in the HERO system.

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”