Rangers in danger:

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Rangers in danger:

#181 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector

I am happy to return and keep things simple. I will take responsibility for Dawg Dann and post in the Mercenary thread to explain but I will take his body to the church and I will pay his funeral expenses.

Not sure what sing we can sing in the tavern as the trip reason was not a success. I will also report back to the miller and his wife. I think boasting about hijacking the coach might not be prudent unless it is something that could be echoed about the Foul Pheasant to boost any reputation in the Thieves guild underworld?

Obviously Dalin can use the crossbow and bolts, so it seems we can split stuff fairly between us.

If we take 100gp each and 220sp then the remaining 10gp, 50sp can cover DD's funeral and a few ales in his memory.

737xp noted in my sheet.

Dalin, what do you prefer to do with the horses? Keep one, sell one, sell all four, turn them loose?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#182 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin still makes the suggested offer to give Dann's cut of the money to his family. He accepts the crossbow and silver bolts. "We should sell or cut the horses lose before we get to Helix, it might be suspicious since we took them from guards from Helix." not overly hard to disguise a read haired dwarf all he really needs to do is find something to color his hair darker or lighten it. Granted only things i can think of are mud, tree sap, or berries. Other than that coffee but what are the chances of locating that here? Guessing less than likely.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Spearmint »

Tempting fate to enter in case militia guards are in the lookout, you are not challenged at all.
You have entered Helix without any problem. If you still want a disguise or hair cut you can detail that in the village threads.

To keep things simple, Turgen at the Silver Standard will purchase your unwanted horses for 15gp each if you want to sell. Less than book price but you don't have registered ownership papers.

Dawg Dann was hired by Vann via the mercenary guild and paid two days wages in advance. There was also a 'deposit' to secure his services which if he dies on expedition, that amount gets sent to next of kin (allegedly). If you want to send more than pass that amount to the guild, though Vann has already given two of his quartz stones.
If we take 100gp each and 220sp then the remaining 10gp, 50sp can cover DD's funeral and a few ales in his memory.
I am fine with you both taking 100gp, 220sp as your personal treasure. So to round up here:

Dalin takes 100gp, 220sp, four uncut rosy quartz stones, a chainmail shirt (+1), a light crossbow and 6 x silvered bolts and 737xp. (+30gp if you sell your two horses)

Vann Hector takes 100gp, 220sp, two uncut rosy quartz stones, a spiked flail, anti-lycan handcuffs and shackles, 737xp (+30gp if you sell your two horses).

Dawg Dann gets a nice funeral and the town crier tolls his bell in memoriam. An uncut rosy quartz was given each to Osen & GBH at the mercenary guild, 'to cover Dawg's losses'.

Rondahl (player absent) gets 237xp, four uncut rosy quartz stones.

Return to “Completed Expeditions”