Introduction (Start Here)

Samwell Turleton
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

Introduction (Start Here)

#1 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Introduction:
Welcome to the Casket Lands, a settlement of 98 survivors.
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.26.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 12.26.12 PM.png (458.16 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
Not everything known about the Casket Lands' short history can be said to be true but enough stories have been shared around to know a few things. The caskets that surround the settlement are from a much larger diaspora that landed here in this unique geographic location. Some say the travelers were drawn by the large hoodoo rock formations and discovered the shelter of the valley. Others say they were led by messengers in their dreams. There is a reservoir of water in the Casket Lands - enough to live on but fed from an unknown source. There is some opportunity to make a small living here - be it as a barber or a barback or grave diggers among a few of the occupations that have proliferated. There are meager inheritances to lose in gambling or prospecting. Safety is not guaranteed!

The population of the Casket Lands is shrinking faster than it is growing. The bleak environment and mysterious circumstances account for some of these deaths. The challenge of raising a family contributes to the other side of it. All of this has led to recent conversations spreading among the survivors.

Can the Casket Lands be made a safer place to live and protected from outside dangers?

Are there other settlements out there or opportunities to make a new start like the madman of the area foresees?

It is for you to decide...if the Casket Lands don't get you first.[/i]

Information:
Campaign Id: 851
Original Creator: Marie Enger
If you are interested: Send a PM or post in the looking for players thread (https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 70#p483870)

The setting is harsh and characters will perish - there are currently 98 survivors in the Casket Lands so you can start new with someone else if you don't make it. There are mysteries outside of the Casket Lands to discover as there are challenges within the Casket lands to overcome - good luck survivors!

Story Structure:
I am using the original material as a framework to build a bigger narrative. I would like to maintain some of the character of the original story, the challenge of survival, and build opportunities for more meaningful role playing experiences. I plan to do this by encouraging players to build connections between characters, the settlement of the Casket Lands, and the larger region this setting is taking place in.

I welcome as many players as want to participate in this but they may be broken into smaller groups interacting with the setting and helping develop the world for all the players.
Last edited by Samwell Turleton on Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Introduction (Start Here)

#2 Post by Marullus »

Samwell Turleton wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:51 am Summary of Basic Moves
Survive (+Backbone)
Give Aid (+Backbone)
Investigate (+Smooth)
Attack (+Brawn)
Shield (+Brawn)
Manipulate, Trick, Bribe (+Trick)
Assess (+Smooth)
Conjure (+Creep)

Success
Roll on 2d6
10+ You do exactly what you intended.
7-9 You do it, but something goes awry
6 or less - that didn’t go well, the guide will dictate your fate

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Introduction (Start Here)

#3 Post by jemmus »

I can't say enough about how great this game is. GM is truly an impressive storyteller and also an excellent visual artist. The game system itself is very simple and easy to learn. Highly recommended.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Return to “Casketlands (Apocalypse World)”