Chapter 03: Elusive cultists

Nordbo
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 03: Elusive cultists

#21 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny will refrain from describing anything.

Tiny leads the way to the doors the cultist fled down.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

SirOwen wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:57 pm Apologies. Very crazy week at work last week. Should be better now.

Richard Firehand
Grinning at Korin's words, Richard adds, "Maybe I should change it to Forgehand. Then start braiding my beard and drinking better beer."
Korin chuckles "Dunno bout that lad but, but better beer, ale, and mead is always a must. When yah are in a place an have the coin fer it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Gebex
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by Gebex »

Eaton

Silver tongue is nice, it gets you far. But you gets eaven further with a golden mind.

Let’s not forget to check out the sunken boat before we pass it.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by SirOwen »

Richard Firehand

Richard points to the far right side of the map. "This passage here, leading off the page at an angle? That is the passage I found myself in, escaping from her lair below. I cannot remember all the details, but I definitely came up that passage. And there is probably a descent there of some kind.... why can't I remember?" The mage hesitates for a moment and then shakes his head. "Either I took a hit to the head, or she did have me under some kind of spell."
"There is no spoon."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf

"Yes, she is a powerful sorceress indeed, probably in league with the dark power to which they sacrifice their prisoners."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf suddenly halts and considers

"But if you say that the right path leads down to the slavers as well, it might be a better option for us to go down that way instead of returning to the cells? Surely the cultists must be waiting for us by the door at the cells, close to our last battle? Also, I seem to remember a hideous growl coming from behind that door? I think we should go down the other way by the Hall of the Dead now when the goblins and the Chavs are decimated. That, or we could lie in wait for the slaver's ship that's about to arrive. Do anyone of you know how to sail a ship by the way?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Tiny

"Nope, no clue how to sail a ship. Lets pick a place and go I am not good at standing around."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by sastaz »

While the others are thinking, Thorelf will continue walking towards the cells, but pause briefly by the boat, as requested by Eaton.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Tiny

As they pause, Tiny looks the boat over for any potential threats.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf gesturing to Tiny, pointing at the boat/wreck, whispering:

"there are lizardmen living in these waters"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny gives Thorelf a thumbs up. He checks the water as well for threats.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by SirOwen »

Richard Firehand

"I'm afraid I have never sailed a ship," says Richard. "I understand there is a lot of knot-tying, pulling, tugging and something called 'deck swabbing', none of which have I needed as of yet." The mage draws himself up, looking quite serious. "However, should we encounter hostile Lizard Men, I should be able to put several of them down." He seems to deflate just a bit. "But if I do, walk up to them quietly. They'll be asleep, not dead. Wouldn't want them waking up before they can be dealt with." He looks around at everyone. "I've told you what I know. As the rescued member, as well as the newest member, I'll let you folks lead. I'll be happy to follow."
"There is no spoon."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#33 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin "Well either way I see it we gotta continue on an get tha hell outta this place."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Nordbo »

Deciding to escape this conflict-ridden area that has seen so many contradictory events occur in a very short time, the quartet turns into a quintet, as seemingly well-meaning, self-declared mage Richard joins the group. Together they step over the charred remains of torched undead and head for the 'eastern' doorway (pic here: download/file.php?id=23253 ) back out on the watchtower quayside littered with rubble (pic here: download/file.php?id=23231 ), to look over the small 'harbour' area once more.
....some mighty force must have upset the very ground of this area in recent times. Some of the stone slabs paving the ground are slightly askew, cracks can be seen in the foundations and staircases - especially those going down to the water by the mid tower.
(...) stairs and walls near the water are all covered with barnacles, small shells and (...) slimy coating....
The danky damp air of the giant cavernous waterfront is a welcome relief after inhaling burnt zombie fumes the last hours.
Right by the nearest tower outside the doorway the rotten remains of a barge lie almost fully submerged. Thorelf and Tiny decide to inspect it more closely.

Thorelf: please roll 1d100, plus 1d20

Tiny: please also roll 1d100, then 1d20

DM open roll [1d6]=4

Gebex: missa inte PM om nya XP som Eaton fått.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf requested rolls:

[1d100]=31

[1d20]=11

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf

"Hmmmm...."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by SirOwen »

Richard Firehand

"Say," Richard says softly. "While I have tried to make as good an introduction as I could, I did neglect to find out what the rest of you are doing here? How did you find yourselves in the cells you mentioned? Captured after a great battle? Overwhelmed by brigands in a dark alley? Knocked cold by powerful enchantments?"
"There is no spoon."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf leans back somewhat.

"I might...have shared your fate, in a way. I was, let's say, investigating a very curious set of tunnels with trolls, and strange markings. Suddenly there was a great flash and...I just remember waking up here.

Although, come to think of it, I think I rather set of some arcane portal than a trap, because my captors were not aware of me being in the room. These are truly strange places."

Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by Nordbo »

Tiny and Thorelf

both have good balance and grip, as they step down to explore the lower parts of the docking bay. None of them slip on the slimy, algae covered stonework - but without concentrating on one's step it could easily happen. (Especially if discussing past events with Richard at the same time ;) )

Leaning over the almost submerged vessel, they see it's a rotting barge, broken in half. In its middle, what looks like a skeleton can be glimpsed just beneath the surface.

Return to “Oath of the Bolted Tomb (1e)”