Planning

thirdkingdom
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Planning

#41 Post by shaidar »

I think the Scarlett Principality is likely to spread North, so I like the Idea of getting in early, but also I'd like to ensure Draea and Kimrid don't get a raw deal, while becoming rich, powerful and famous at the same time :-)

We also need to consider going to the Faery realm to get some mitral from the dwarves. I bet the Smith-priests of Draea could some fine weapons from that.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by The_Wanderer »

That’s a cool idea. I feel like I missed this thread though. I know they need material in Draea but missed this whole thing about dwarves in Faery

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by shaidar »

It's in the stuff Telemachus learned

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by beniliusbob »

Yeah, lots of cool stuff to do. It sounds like we're all in general agreement about next steps.

I really like the Cost of Living rules - I enjoy having this kind of structure within the parameters of the crawl - but it strikes me that just between the mains we need 6,000 gp of income per month not to be living at a loss. I'm living on my initial bankroll for now, but if we want to build up our hoard, we definitely need to target lucrative opportunities.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by The_Wanderer »

That's a good point...I had forgotten the impact of Feargus leveling up recently! We definitely need a big score.

beniliusbob
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by beniliusbob »

Wanderer, want to add this to your list?

There is an old village called Mimark near hex 241.125, north of which is an abandoned temple rumoured to be full of gems:
viewtopic.php?f=783&t=8786&start=1600

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by The_Wanderer »

beniliusbob wrote:Wanderer, want to add this to your list?

There is an old village called Mimark near hex 241.125, north of which is an abandoned temple rumoured to be full of gems:
Done!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Leitz »

Ardath would like to establish a Solvergn temple someplace far forward. The Solvergn are an order who work to make life better; defined as less Chaos and Evil. In a way the Solvergn equate to Lawful Good, but their beliefs are more concerned about putting effort into fixing things than just whining or preaching about it. There's also a level of "So?" in their philosophy. If someone complained of a great evil in a far distant land, the response might be "So? There's a lot of work to do here, too. Let the far distant land deal with the consequences of their choices."

Ardath would take advantage of the work the PCs have done to open the lines of travel. Is that work actually attributed to the PCs? Are there other groups heading that way? What's the clerical scene like wherever Ardath is, and what can we use to bring him into contact with the group?

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by The_Wanderer »

Updated!

Dungeons & Lairs
--There is a pride of manticores terrorizing the road leading to the town of Rocky Mount
--The bandit leader Gajo controls the approach into a valley, and there's at least one hundred and fifty, maybe even two hundred of his men there.
------Gajo: a dark, heavily scarred man in chain and a reddish cape floats into his mind, flanked by two women that look identical. To the side of one is a short man with long grey hair, and to the side of the other is an enormously tall, and enormously fat, bear of a man.
--A great evil has been released in the ruins of Isendan driving refugees and beastmen ahead of it
--A green dragon named Burnnkenkrayn, "Death on the Wind," is allied with a group of orcs, the Shattered Tusk clan, warring against Draea http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... start=1040
------Potential dragon location viewtopic.php?p=560751#p560751
--The tomb of Alcaezar the Rotund who was buried with many coins near "Maknor, Jewel of the North."
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... start=1180
--The Hidden Treasure of the Bandit Queen Datziznaid viewtopic.php?p=455825#p455825 Resolved!
--The Fane of Laingal is the burial place of an ancient king, west of Draea. viewtopic.php?p=456870#p456870
--A dragon has been spotted flying over the Ironshard range, just to the west of the pass the adventurers will be taking north to Alice. As of yet it has not molested any Men.
--The Ironshard range is something of anomaly. Rising steeply from the plains to the south, it's surrounded by lowlands and forest. The terrain is almost impossibly steep, and the land itself difficult to settle. It is nominally claimed by the Scarlet Prince, but outside of the two passes -- the one on the road west towards Junction, and the one of the road north, to Alice -- it is largely unexplored and any resources within unexploited. The bulk of the range has been granted to Lady Arcaphia, the Cerise Baroness, who dwells in a castle along the northern road, although Lady Annemond, the Cochineal Baroness, has been granted the northwest portion. There is rumored to be some tension between the two.
--The woods to the north of Alice are a dangerous place, a primeval forest of ancient, toweing trees that hide numerous threats, among the most fearsome being ogres, giants, and strange, moss-covered trolls. The great dragon Valraphgon is supposed to control a great swathe of forest, although he has not been seen since the end of the Fifteenth Cycle. viewtopic.php?p=430091#p430091
------Additional detail on potential location viewtopic.php?p=560780#p560780
--There is an old village called Mimark near hex 241.125, north of which is an abandoned temple rumoured to be full of gems:
--Treasure Map: In Common, an inscription upon it reads "We rode two days east of Maknor, to where a river flowed north. Following the river north we came to the upturned rock we had been told of, and there we buried Prince Damar in the royal crypts we found beneath, along with his scepter of rulership. Thus the remains of the last of the blood of the royal line of Maknor was interred." viewtopic.php?p=500092#p500092
--Burial Site of the sorcerer Wynmarma the Wicked viewtopic.php?p=557213#p557213, Hex Hex 231.117?, NW of Draea / SW of Kimrid

Commercial Opportunities
--There is a lost gold mine somewhere near hex 211.138 and surrounding hexes
--The Red Sky Mining Company is offering a bounty on the heads of beastmen
--Rhea's Ford, as a major city, is hungry for raw goods in all forms. Ore is the most valuable, but rare woods, furs, and other luxury goods are sought after, as are rare materials used in alchemical and magical compounds. The woods to the north of Alice are said to be a source of throan, an insect secretion that can be dried and purified and used in various potions.
--Gardo possesses a deed to a century mine in hex 217.111 http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... 80#p455751
--there's a bounty of 5,000 gold alcedes the Baron has placed on the head of Icen Viahere, the Scourge of the North, and bounties of one thousand alcedes each for his four lieutenants, that call themselves the Grey Riders."
--the Prince seeks a route eastward, to mage-factories of Umber, that could potentially bypass the other domains. This is," he reminds the adventurers, "but a representational map of the political boundaries of the Kingdom, and, in addition, dates back to the end of the previous Apex, before darkness fell during the last Nadir. We don't actually know what these boundaries look like any more. The Prince is willing to handsomely reward anyone that can blaze such a trail; money, no doubt, and likely a title and land, as well." (From Deputy Seneschal Pord)
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... 08#p468008

Geo-Political
--There is a city to the west called Pesh past Rocky Peak
--The prince has some desire to expand to the fertile lands west of Junction and south of Rocky Peak
--A rival band of adventurers has claimed a keep on the River Sarn and is repairing it. They have also set out to claim some star-metal in the environs of Junction, following a meteor shower.
--The Scarlet Prince and Jade Princess have always been enemies, and the Scarlet Prince is rumored to be considering an attack across the sea - though overland is more likely.
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... start=1140
--The Coral Principality is fractured into countless warring nobles.
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewt ... start=1140[/quote]
--The Scarlet Principality is edging towards war with the Azure Principality. Rumblings are heard that talks have broken down over disputed border territory. As it stands now, the best way to reach the Silver Sea has been through the Azure Principalities, but there are hopes that once the river route south down the Sarn has been opened up the Scarlet Prince will be less dependent on the eastern trade routes. Tolniel opines that if war breaks out the Principalities hunger for ore will increase dramatically, increasing the importance of the mining camps to the north of Junction and the passability of the road west, to Rocky Peak.

Errands
--We have engaged Madame Helmmarma to research Green Dragons and Death on the Wind / Burnnkenkrayn. 500 gp downpayment, 1500 gp owed. Should be complete around Fifthmonth, Fifteenthday
--We have engaged Reker Nus to research Green Dragons and Burnnkekrayn. We have his resource for 8 months until Twelfthmonth, Fifteenthday.
--We have engaged Jadas in Alice to produce two potions "that help resist the effect of its poisonous breath". 150gp down payment, 1350 gp owed. Should be complete around Fifthmonth, Twentysixthday
--Newton commissioned a masterwork ax from Odos in Draea...it will be done around Sixthmonth, Sixthday
--Zellar commissioned a masterwork scimitar from Odos in Draea...it will be done around Sixthmonth, Sixthday
--Feargus commissioned a masterwork mace from Odos in Draea...it will be done around Sixthmonth, Twentiethday
--The Treant Oakleaf asked us to return to 226.116 around Seventhmonth, Nineteenthday to discuss receiving The Silverbark Court's aid viewtopic.php?p=560471#p560471

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”