Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Beachtown Constable Glansandi Storeyja

#241 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Glansandi seems impressed by the thoughtful and intuitive points in the humans sudden outburst.

"Very well, sir. I see your point."

"If you don't mind me saying, I think you might want to get in a nap sometime today. You seem a bit irritable after your late night endeavor."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

He sighs and nods. Yeah, I feel it... I apologize for the outburst. he chuckles. Kinda funny... I look like I could be your uncle and you are probably older than my own grandpa. Oh well.... I suppose Uncle Liam is heading to work and maybe a nap later. We need to secure some better food for the animals if they are going to begin producing like before again. The lack of good feed is starting to wear on them. The lizards are getting hungry and restless too. If you or anyone else have any ideas, I am open to them.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#243 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"I'd like to see these lizards of yours sometime, if you don't mind. Perhaps they could be trained as beasts of burden, or even as mounts. If the Stoneguts can do it with the fear of pain, we might do wonders with them if we treat them more humanely."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:22 pm "I'd like to see these lizards of yours sometime, if you don't mind. Perhaps they could be trained as beasts of burden, or even as mounts. If the Stoneguts can do it with the fear of pain, we might do wonders with them if we treat them more humanely."
I agree wholeheartedly. Joe even had an idea of taking one to trade with the natives for some of their greens or other vegetables. Come by any time. Maybe we can get a druid that can communicate with them too.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#245 Post by OGRE MAGE »

“That is a good idea!”

The sickly elf looks around the area.

“I wonder if we have any in town today?”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#247 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The constable nods politely and moves back into his new barracks shack.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

Sometime after the conversation with The Mayor and the group working with the Zillas on the beach, Liam will make his way over to the barracks. Looking for whomever may be guarding the entrance or working around the area in general, or better yet the Constable himself.

Hello, Is the constable available? Where may I find him?

or...

Constable Storeyja, hope the day has treated you well. I am here to let you know that the council is planning to hold a meeting tomorrow, presumably in the afternoon but more specifically after Jaxsen reports back from his scouting mission. We will be discussing realistic options for phasing the town across the river... Liam then goes on to explain the general ideas that have been tossed about so far and reasons why they may be considered.

It has also been brought up to possibly hold the meeting here at your barracks with you permission, or if you prefer, Mayor Daisy has also offered to hold the meeting in her House of Heailing, though it would be less secure, but maybe the breeze would be nice. Either way, I wanted to propose that to you and hear your thoughts on it. You are the authority of what happens in your own barracks.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#249 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Constable exits the barracks building to speak with Liam.

"I'm sorry, master Liam, but.......what did you call me?"

"And how did you know my full name? I don't remember ever mentioning it before."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#251 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Constable Glansandi looks suspiciously at Liam for a moment before answering.

"Constable will be fine, thank you."

"You are free to use this barracks if you like, but I will warn you it isn't the best smelling place on the island."

"Did you say that Jaxsen went back to scout the dwarves......alone?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#253 Post by OGRE MAGE »

With a disgusted look on his face, Gansandi continues.

"And you thought it a good idea for one person to take on such a dangerous task? That's a shame. I was really starting to like that young man."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam

chokes back the retort and keeps his impassive mask for now. Have you ever tried to control a young man full of vim and vigor like Jaxsen?
I was hardly in a condition to stop him. I gave him a waterskin and the Mayor gave him strict orders to adhere to. I believe if anyone is capable of success with this kind of mission, it is him.

In the meantime, we have work to do here. I will let The Mayor know about what you said about the barracks and leave it to her own decision unless you have any other concerns you would want to add either way. For now, I think we should talk to our people and hear their questions and concerns to bring them up in tomorrow's meeting so we can make as intelligent and considerate a plan as possible to see this thing forward.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#255 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Noticing the humans growing irritation, Glansandi nods his head.

"I suppose you're right, sir. Youngsters seem to do what they will these days. Once he gets a few hundred years older, he should come around," the elf uncharacteristically jokes.

"Either way, I am eager to hear what the final consensus is about moving to the river."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Bluehorse »

Liam seems to appreciate the humor and smirks, giving a nod. A few hundred years would do us all some good, I agree. I hope to squeak out at least another 20 or so myself. More if I am lucky. Either way, I will relay your information to the Mayor and take my leave.

Oh, before I forget... We are making some progress with the large lizards we brought back. Turns out they drink sea water, so that will help since they will not be taking away from our fresh water supply. So there is some good news to consider. We are going to work on seeing if they can be trained to plow or pull a cart or sled.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#257 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Sea water, you say? Interesting. Their bodies must be able to processes the salt somehow, I suppose."

"Do keep me informed of any progress with all of your many endeavors, Liam."

The pale elf nods and goes back inside his shack.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”