4. Besieging Sassazuga

tibbius
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: 4. Besieging Sassazuga

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax looks dismayed "Eh? Damn since when do me kin take slaves?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune
Rex wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:36 am Sealgair

Once they are past and out of hearing. "That isn't good, looks like slaves."
"That was my thought based simply on the disposition of them all."
GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:36 am Grax looks dismayed "Eh? Damn since when do me kin take slaves?"
"Don't judge just yet Grax. They may not be the ones in control. For the sake of your kin, lets hope they are indentured into service and not in a position to make a decision of their own. I think I should follow them and see where they are taking the karhu."

Is Invisibility a via spell? If not, could Elzarune cast a spell that would make the guards not pay attention to him? Like the "SEP" effect from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; SEP = Someone Else's Problem. Thinks covered by a SEP field were ignored because upon seeing it, the person would think it was someone else's problem and they promptly forgot about it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Good idea, lets follow and see what is going on."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by tibbius »

ybn1197 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:12 pmIs Invisibility a via spell? If not, could Elzarune cast a spell that would make the guards not pay attention to him? Like the "SEP" effect from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; SEP = Someone Else's Problem. Thinks covered by a SEP field were ignored because upon seeing it, the person would think it was someone else's problem and they promptly forgot about it.
I would think that as long as you all didn't make yourselves somebody's problem, Elzarune's Spelltouched thing could cover that sort of effect. Filtering non-essential sensory input is a fairly natural phenomenon after all.

Following along the street, you go around a couple of corners at a respectful distance behind the coffle of karhu.

The dwarfs guide the karhu in through the unbarred gates of a moderately imposing though not over-sized fortress. Two similarly attired dwarfs stand lazily at the gate. Do you try to enter?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by ybn1197 »

Trusting the spell and hoping the guards are more than just looking lazy, Elzarune will attempt to enter.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by tibbius »

Ok - test 2d6
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune: [1d6]=2 or [1d6]=1

That's going to leave a mark.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by tibbius »

As you proceed toward the gate, the two lazy looking guards abruptly move to stop you, halberds lowered and crossed to bar your passage.

"Who d'you think y'are?" demands the dwarf with the bigger beard. He seems to be glaring especially at Grax. His companion grimaces at Sealgair. Both of them still seem to be ignoring Elzarune. "Permission required to enter!"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune whispers to the others, "Stay here or move along, I am going to try and slip by."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair gives him a thumbs up.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by tibbius »

As Elzarune moves to bypass the guards and slip through the gate, one of the two dwarfs roughly grips his arm. "What ya thought we didn't notice ya? In that fancy armor and all that? And carrying an easel? How could we miss ya? Get on with ya and yer friends!"

sorry, that double fail is a fail
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax eyes the guards back but says nothing. Just looks grumpier than usual at them.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by ybn1197 »

"Art critic!" Elzarune hollers back at the guards. He looks at the others. "Alright we know something shady is going on here. We need to find out what and how we can turn that into a positive for our employers."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair wants to get an idea of how close this spot is to the wall and to the nearest gate.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by tibbius »

You're at the main gate of the inner bailey of the city, where the Duke's Keep is located. The outer wall of the city is a serious distance away, maybe half a mile or so at its nearest point. You're not sure where the city gates are relative to you - after all, it's your first day here.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”