DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

Oddfellow
Strider
Strider

Re: DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

#201 Post by Oddfellow »

Bronwyn the Silent, Dirgesinger
Bronwyn casts about him wildly, a look of childlike confusion and terror upon his bearded visage. However, not a sound escapes his open mouth, and he does not cry out. He instead simply stares numbly at the prisoners that were incinerated, and a slow rumble begins to rise from his chest as he commences to recite the hauntingly low and resonating Dwarven funeral march of his clan. A song for the fallen.

This seems to renew him of vigor, and he rises to his full Dwarven height of 4 and a half feet and puffs up his chest and beats it heartily, the volume of his chant raising to a fearsome bellow. His stumpy legs pumping and drawing his dagger, he barrels south and then east around the corner (if he can-- double move action?) to help Rolfo and Goratrix free the prisoner from the beastman, and also to clear a path for the other prisoners behind him!

And so enters Bronwyn, stage left. :)
Last edited by Oddfellow on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#202 Post by MrHemlocks »

Uriel, seeing these beast are of the undead and an abomination to his god calls out to them." I command you, in all that is holy, to depart!"

ooc...He will try to turn undead on the few beastman in the front rank. His disapproval rating will not affect his ability to turn undead? I will burn luck if needed.

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#203 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Uriel, seeing these beast are of the undead and an abomination to his god calls out to them." I command you, in all that is holy, to depart!"

ooc...He will try to turn undead on the few beastman in the front rank. His disapproval rating will not affect his ability to turn undead? I will burn luck if needed.

OOC: Your disapproval rating will pretty much hit anything that is a cleric power or ability. All that it means is that now you fumble on a 1-2 rather than a 1. This builds up throughout the day but can be reverted through sacrifices. There may be times your Deity may require a mission or an offering of some sort to remove the disapproval rather than the next day... that will be random and up to my discretion of course :D

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#204 Post by AQuebman »

Oddfellow wrote:Bronwyn the Silent, Dirgesinger
Bronwyn casts about him wildly, a look of childlike confusion and terror upon his bearded visage. However, not a sound escapes his open mouth, and he does not cry out. He instead simply stares numbly at the prisoners that were incinerated, and a slow rumble begins to rise from his chest as he commences to recite the hauntingly low and resonating Dwarven funeral march of his clan. A song for the fallen.

This seems to renew him of vigor, and he rises to his full Dwarven height of 4 and a half inches and puffs up his chest and beats it heartily, the volume of his chant raising to a fearsome bellow. His stumpy legs pumping and drawing his dagger, he barrels south and then east around the corner (if he can-- double move action?) to help Rolfo and Goratrix free the prisoner from the beastman, and also to clear a path for the other prisoners behind him!

And so enters Bronwyn, stage left. :)
DM: Nice intro, and yes with 1 action you can take 2 moves.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Grognardsw »

Biblo Phyle the Librarian / in peril

"Oh dear, this isn't good," mutters Biblo, looking about at the death and watery mayhem on the ziggurat. "How I miss my library."

The scribe looks anxiously for an escape. The dwarf next to him breaks out in dour song then sprints up the ziggurat ramp to a fight in progress. Biblo sees the ramp slope down north then east to escape, but the way is littered with more beastmen then above him. What to do? 

There is no book to guide him. Biblo the Librarian does nothing, wracked with indecision for the round.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#206 Post by MrHemlocks »

With spear in hand, Uriel takes his position, toward the rear of the party, and readies himself to defend his fellow adventures if attacked.

ooc...He will not charge forward into the heat of the battle. That seems like a bad idea. Also, how did the turn undead work out? I am willing to spend some luck on it if needed.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#207 Post by greyarea »

Virgil

Virgil struggles.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#208 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfling

The halfling continues to struggle against the beastman that carries him to the apex. He thrashes his limbs and stabs with his scissors.

ooc: if luck will help Uriel to turn these things, then by the gods Fruldrick will burn a little luck to aid him.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#209 Post by MrHemlocks »

Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfling

The halfling continues to struggle against the beastman that carries him to the apex. He thrashes his limbs and stabs with his scissors.

ooc: if luck will help Uriel to turn these things, then by the gods Fruldrick will burn a little luck to aid him.

ooc...Great idea. We need this to work. Our little party is greatly out numbered(

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#210 Post by AQuebman »

Initiative
Round 3
Beastmen Group: 20 (B19 starts Drowning in rnd 3)
BA3: 20
Darvin: 19
Bronn: 18
BA2: 18
Uriel & Water Elemental: 17 (3/6 Rounds of Water Elemental) & (Disapproval: 11)
BA1: 16
Bronwyn: 15
Biblo: 12
Rolfo: 11
BS: 10
Mikkel: 8 ***<-----***
Virgil: 9
Goratrix: 7
Scarlett: 5
Eldarial: 4 (Grabbed By B3 & B8)
Nortague: 3
Crow: 2 Went Down in Round 2
Fruldrick: 1 (Grabbed By B4) & (Group Luck Charm)
Freed Prisoners: 0

DM: Mikkel's Init: [1d20] = 8 Mikkel's Init

This seems to renew him of vigor, and he rises to his full Dwarven height of 4 and a half inches and puffs up his chest and beats it heartily, the volume of his chant raising to a fearsome bellow. His stumpy legs pumping and drawing his dagger, he barrels south and then east around the corner toward Rolfo and the climbing Goratrix

"Oh dear, this isn't good," mutters Biblo, looking about at the death and watery mayhem on the ziggurat. "How I miss my library."

The scribe looks anxiously for an escape. The dwarf next to him breaks out in dour song then sprints up the ziggurat ramp to a fight in progress. Biblo sees the ramp slope down north then east to escape, but the way is littered with more beastmen then above him. What to do?

There is no book to guide him. Biblo the Librarian does nothing, wracked with indecision for the round.

Rolfo mutters, "See what I was tellin ya, Martha? Gone and done it this time... Agh!" With a dwarvish battle cry, he swings his mace furiously at one beastman crushing it's skull and dropping it in a heap. He then follows up with an attack on the beast carrying a prisoner but he uses the prisoner as a human shield which halts Rolfo's ensuing shield bash.
[1d20+1] = 14+1 = 15[1d3] = 1 Rolfo's Mace Attack on B21
[1d6+2] = 2+2 = 4 Rolfo's Mace Damage on B21
[1d14+1] = 6+1 = 7 Rolfo's Shield Bash on B20

Legend
B# = Beasts
P# = Prisoners
V = Virgil
S = Scarlett
BP = Biblo Phyle
BR = Bronn
BRS = Bronwyn
D = Darvin
U = Uriel
R = Rolfo
G = Goratrix
E = Eldarial
C = Crow
F = Fruldrick
N = Norjax
M = Mikkel
WE = Water Elemental

DM: Mikkel it's your turn im going to wait until tomorrow evening and then if I don't hear anything i'll update again I want to get this train moving again after my long absence.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Stirling »

P17

Pushed, shoved, snarled at...Scarlett was driven up the ziggurat path, her wrists were bound so tight it was restricting blood to her hands. She had taken to biting the bonds until her gums bled and kicking out against her deformed captor. He just frothed in grinning menace from his mouth. Around her neck hung her shell and shark tooth necklace, home made from market jetsam, a trinket and occassionally rosary...she took to fingering the coral pieces, gipsy tongues muttering some prayer for the soon to be sacrificed...

...it was then that some briny monster erupted like some steam geezer billowing watery muscles into the beastmen either side of her and then colliding tsunami like into the beasts further on....

All Scarlett could exclaim in her deliverance was, "how the xxxx did I do that?"

Initial surprise over Scarlett will use the spear point of the fallen beastman to try and cut free her bonds

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#212 Post by Magnus »

Like a drowning man breaching the surface of a stormy sea, Mikkel gasps as his bonds fall to the floor. His bright green eyes widen as he takes in the terrifying scene around him, regaining his senses...and realizing that his life still hung in the balance.

As he grasps his holy symbol and mutters a silent prayer, his thoughts quickly turn to his fellow captives. His spins around on his heel and throws himself into freeing his fellow captive, using his hands, teeth, spear point, anything that he can.

[Free Prisoner 12.]

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#213 Post by MrHemlocks »

MrHemlocks wrote:
Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfling

ooc...Great idea. We need this to work. Our little party is greatly out numbered(

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#214 Post by Fearghus »

ooc: What say 4 points, or do you think this one turn attempt is our ace in the hole? I have six points remaining.

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”