[001.5] Rescue One

joertexas
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [001.5] Rescue One

#81 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 pm Rock
While we were on the ship, someone impersonated Anna and reported that they were seeking the children.

We told the ship of this.

That search may have taken them to areas normally off limits because they were with one of the stewards. The one for our cabin.

If there is a conspiracy, then Anna isn't the only person involved and the children may not be the only targets - just the diversion. So the ship itself may be in danger. Or the Comte. Or it could be nothing and my children are out here for no reason and the door shut all of its own accord and they launched all on their own.

As to you madam, the CPO here is the commander of this vessel and could have you spaced should he find you guilty of Kidnap. And a Baron has the right of low justice over his household - of whom you are one. The kidnap of the children of the household by a member of the household can be considered petty treason. For which the Comte may find you guilty and order your execution - for I am his Liege and I would seek his justice.

So Freya...who stepped where and in what order? And who shut the hatch?
"I told you," Freya whines.

McConnell frowns. "I'm not in command, the pilot is, and no one is getting spaced on my watch." She takes a breath. "Either get off or sit down, right now. You have twenty seconds before we disconnect the link."

Anna turns for the hatch. "I'm getting out."

"You don't have a vacc suit," McConnell points out.

"Unless you're detaining me, I'm getting off this boat."

With that, McConnell sighs and pushes the button to open the port side inner hatch. "Go now, if you're going." Anna steps inside and moves close to the outer door. "Princess Two, you're getting one pax with no vacc suit." She looks at Zhenya and Rock. "Yes, or no?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Do we stay to go on the boarding or get off?
I intend to join the boarding party...I'll take my bag on whichever boat I'm supposed to be on. I'll NOT want Anna on the same boat as my children.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:32 am Do we stay to go on the boarding or get off?
I intend to join the boarding party...I'll take my bag on whichever boat I'm supposed to be on. I'll NOT want Anna on the same boat as my children.
Princess One, the boat you're on, is returning to the ship.

Whomever wants to go crowds into the tiny airlock with Anna, passes though the boarding tube, and then repeats the airlock experience to board Princess Two. There are plenty of open seats.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
Well Anna

It seems that you have chosen to leap from the Pan into the Fire.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhenya follows Anna into the airlock, standing between her and Rock.

You are right Anna, no other ship has been detected and there is no rock nearby to hide one. A most unlikely kidnap plot, to float within easy reach of recapture with no means of escape. I hope you understand why I had to apply pressure.

To Rock: Baron, I think you should trust your children. They have been brought up to be honest and honourable, and I believe they are. It would be easy for Freya to deflect blame onto Anna and win sympathy by it, yet she repeats her story. I have a little experience in lies and deception, I do not see the signs of them here.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
To Zhenya: The sequence of events remains contradictory, unclear and incomplete. The fact that Anna was apparently in two places at once remains unexplained. I am not convinced of Anna's guilt but the evidence suggests that her recollection is not entirely accurate. My daughter appears to be making up a story to fit how she feels the whole thing should have gone. My son appears to have been sheep-like in the whole affair and essentially trusting and innocent. And now we have a part-solved mystery with only one of two key witnesses heading on a dangerous mission where that witness can only be a liability for lack of preparedness, motivation and (because of the mystery) esprit-de-corps.
I hope the count is on this bucket because I can dump the whole issue on him if he is!

Talking of which - does this bring Zhenya, Anna and I into the "Away boarders" thread?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:28 am Rock
To Zhenya: The sequence of events remains contradictory, unclear and incomplete. The fact that Anna was apparently in two places at once remains unexplained. I am not convinced of Anna's guilt but the evidence suggests that her recollection is not entirely accurate. My daughter appears to be making up a story to fit how she feels the whole thing should have gone. My son appears to have been sheep-like in the whole affair and essentially trusting and innocent. And now we have a part-solved mystery with only one of two key witnesses heading on a dangerous mission where that witness can only be a liability for lack of preparedness, motivation and (because of the mystery) esprit-de-corps.
I hope the count is on this bucket because I can dump the whole issue on him if he is!

Talking of which - does this bring Zhenya, Anna and I into the "Away boarders" thread?
Yes, it does.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Phew

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”