OOC Thead 3

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thead 3

#161 Post by Rex »

I will go the force training route. So I now have Force powers at 1D+1 and I will spend 5,000 cr on the parts for a lightsabre I will build.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by max_vale »

With 12 skill points you can have Control at 1D+ 2 or you can save 1 skill point if you like.
For the lightsaber, would you like blue like Vale or green?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rex »

I will go with Control at 1d+2 and green.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Starbeard »

max_vale wrote:That answer all your questions/concerns?
Yep, thanks!

For droids, I was specifically only interested in four very limited ideas:

1. A protocol droid, a carbon copy of Threepio basically, specifically just so that we can try communicating with any NPCs we come across.

2. A medical droid to keep on the ship, to help build up the Outrunner as our base of operations.

3. A security/combat droid that would basically act as my muscle, an extra gun. A Jedi with a combat droid seems weirdly fun.

4. An astromech/repair droid that would stay with the Outrunner, so that we don't have to worry about leaving someone behind to guard the ship, and who could take on extra rolls during flight so the pilot & co-pilot don't have to split actions.

Would any of these fit into your ideas of how you'd want NPC droids to be used?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by max_vale »

Thanks Rex; character sheet updated!

Starbeard: For your Droid ideas; the Medical Droid idea is fine....to a lesser extent, the Astromech/Pilot droid is okay.....the main thing is, I rather enjoy having the characters have to figure out who does what in a crisis...i.e. Cal can Pilot while Clark mans the guns and Jackson works the Shields and Comms, etc.; but a 'stay on the ship' type of Droid is fine....especially with medical stuff.

As for the other ideas; (Protocol and Security), these are GREAT ideas for a PC, in my opinion, but I'm not thrilled with either as an NPC as I rather enjoy having the party have to figure out 'Cultural/Diplomatic/language-barrier' situations and likewise for combat purposes I'd rather NOT have to worry about "Oh yeah, Mr. GM, you forgot about my KA-74 Droid's quad-mounted repeat blasters that I ordered him to use on the approaching Stormtrooper squad with his Blaster skill of 8D+2"; you know? Just my two cents, sorry if it feels like I'm raining on your parade!

On the other hand, I think it'd be really cool to have someone PLAY such a character....but with a full party of 6, I really don't want to take on another player.

For a Medical or Astromech Droid, I'd say the cost would be around 3,000 credits.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Starbeard »

max_vale wrote:Just my two cents, sorry if it feels like I'm raining on your parade!
Not at all! I'm easy, just brainstorming on what to burn my hard earned cash on, since I don't see Vale spending too much on material things anyway. Aside from maybe a few cheap things to add to his utility belt, I'm figuring that I'll toss all of it at one or two big things the whole party can use, like ship modifications, a medical droid, maybe a speeder bike.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Monsieur Rose »

What do people think of pooling some cash and better outfitting our ship? I don't think Max has put up some/most of those things yet, but I'm up for tossing some cash into pimping our ride.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Rex »

I am fine with that, I have been waiting for all the prices to go up before deciding. So far I have spent half, so I am down to 5,000 credits no matter what.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by kipper »

I don't really see a lot Clark would be interested in for his person, so he'll willingly throw most of his money into the ship.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Starbeard »

I think Vale will take these items:

macrobinoculars (150)
equipment tool kit (150)
4x medpacs (400)

9,300 will go toward the ship/party funds

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Starbeard »

Also, I'll be travelling until the start of December, so chances are I won't be able to look in until after then.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”