Members of the Movement

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Members of the Movement

#1 Post by tibbius »

Character Name, a Personality Form Specialty and Soundtrack (link to favorite song).
Skills & spells dice.
Equipment and clothing.

EXAMPLE:
Jasper, a Gentle Human Witch who listens to Old Country (https://youtu.be/XxlohH7OcHM).
Confuse d8, Healing d8, Read Minds d10, Persuasion d8.
Wears a leather jacket and carries a briefcase. Also has an amulet (break 1x to cancel any spell), a talisman of Healing (d10), a prosthetic face (illegal, gain Anonymity and Deception at d8), and 1Credit.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Members of the Movement

#2 Post by shaidar »

Shift, a reckless Android Ghost who listens to Cyber-Tune
Anonymity (d8), Electronics (d8), Repair (d8), Brawling (d8)

Has a Hardened Body and Reflex Enhancements (Hasten d8) , wears a maintenance overall with a fake ID and has an opener (Exploits d8). He also has an electronics toolkit.

Current credits: 1
Starting credits: [1d6] = 3

Story: Shift was a run of-the-mill series-2000 maintenance/repair android until some bored govcorp guards decided to beat him up for fun. He was left for 'dead' and govcorp decided it was cheaper to decommission him than fix him. But there was life in him yet, and the damage caused a glitch that made him more self-aware and he escaped without govcorp realising and managed to fix and upgrade himself (both s/w and h/w) with spare parts he scavenged.
Last edited by shaidar on Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Lance »

Clark, knowing human corp rat, into Folkshock
Connections d10, Information d8, Persuasion d8, Deception d8

He wears a nice suit and has a govcorp ID, a smartphone and an amulet (break 1x to cancel spell)
Starting cash: [1d6] = 3C
Story: TBD

Do we have to roll for personal effects, or can we pick two?
Last edited by Lance on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Angus Hacker
Human, Maker
Skills: Improvise (d8); Repair (d8); Connections (d8); Perception (d8); Law (d8)
Tools: Electronics
Gadget: GovCorp ID
Demeanour: Calming; Weary
Personal Effects: Greatcoat; Some else's Smartphone
Music: Broken Metal
Gear: Smartphone; Clothes; Shoes;
Cash Roll [1d6] = 6
Purchased Gear: Remaining Cash: 1
=======================================================================
=======================================================================
Me:
I work for a Government/Corporate Welfare program - trying to find electronics wizards that can be taken off the dole and poured into some corporate slot propping up the corporate balance sheet. At least that is the official version. In line with my colleagues, about 98% wash out. "But there's plenty more where they came from." What they have forgotten is that if you feed people a little hope and then dash it they just get more disgruntled; and some of the washouts aren't washed out because they are bad at electronics.

When I started they gave me armour - But they didn't replace it after the shootout. And the promised Neural Enhancement somehow never happened. And if the Amulet works I'll be surprised - but grateful. It was (after all) supplied by the lowest bidder.

And my bosses also forgot to check that I wouldn't like my apprentices. That I'd want them to succeed for themselves (not for them) and that I might, actually, care about their lives.

I'm tired of grinding the unwashed through with the dashed hopes
I'm tired of the petty disruptions that make their life one step down from Hell
I'm tired of the corruption, waste and inefficiency
I'm tired of having to cheerily spout Program Goals and Mottos; Corporate and Government hogwash.
I'm tired of hearing that my best prospect was disappeared/mugged/sold/drugged and is out of the running for a new life.
But "Keep Calm and Carry On". One day some good will come of this?
And maybe Ward 3 will see a change of luck - and not replace one clone with another in the political merry-go-round.
========================================================================
Home
I've got a 2-bed place in with the people I'm trying to help. Low-rise tower (8 stories) with "Roof Terrace" a.k.a. window that opens onto a flat space over an apartment below on the 7th Floor. Good News - Open Space (Pots with Vegetables and a Flower). Bad News - No balustrade and it connects to the fire escape (yep there actually is one!). I've the money and clout/legal knowledge to ensure that the electricity, plumbing and heating are operational; the walls have been painted with anti-fungal paint; and the windows are properly glazed. And there is Jenna, the lady from down the hall who runs a duster over the place once a week for cash. Second bedroom is part bunk and part electronics workbench.
Last edited by BackworldTraveller on Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by thenewflesh »

Louis, Human Netmage

Skills: Connections d8, Exploit d10, Anonymity d8, Precognition d8, Deception d8
Neural interface: Glitch d8, Machine Speech d8
Cold demeanor
Hoodie and shorts, fashion vape stick.
Soundtrack: Newjazz
[1d6] = 5 Creds
On the frontier of the anarchist-open-source movement, Unixty spreads shadowy tendrils, disrupting, freeing, rebuilding digital structures in the wake of destruction. On the cutting edge of that frontier, Louis slouches in a swivel chair and smashes ICE at ungodly hours.

[final copy forthcoming]

Return to “Change Agents (CRAWLERS)”