Embedding images on webpages

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Embedding images on webpages

#1 Post by tibbius »

This is not yet an issue and may not become one, but it's something to ponder: https://www.lexology.com/library/detail ... ae01ec1369 ... U.S. circuit courts of appeal (the level between district courts and the Supreme Court) are beginning to dispute whether it's ok to embed images from another server into a webpage. Specifically, do embedded images violate the image owner's exclusive right to publicly display the images? I expect the Supreme Court to hear a case on this question within five years.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Embedding images on webpages

#2 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Well that will make search engines for images a thing of the past if passed. And given every webpage is an image, any embedded reference could be an issue. The implications for Gamers could be messy.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Embedding images on webpages

#3 Post by tibbius »

Yeah. The "fair use" arguments are interesting.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Suggestions”