Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Talk Business with The Mayor

#21 Post by Bluehorse »

Lionel & Jason: Talking with the Mayor
The Mayor's Office
September 10, 2018, 10:35 am
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Taaz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:07 am 601 N E Street, you know it?
The Mayor nods and holds up a hand to Jason and Lionel as they prepare to leave. Hold up, there. I do know the spot. I know it very well.
Here is the deal boys... You need some of these shares to disappear... maybe for a month... get on your feet... maybe more. And what I need to make that happen is for you to forget about that job right now. Go ahead and charge your investigation fees and all... but understand there is nothing, and I mean officially nothing there. You will get your chance to do what you need to do there... but it will not be today. You make that happen, and I can guarantee that you will not have to worry about those shares at the end of this month.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke:  214/214 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 188/188

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#22 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Still messing with his phone, Lionel surreptitiously triggers the camera to record. Wait- what? You'll make some of our debt go away for a month and all we need to do is...ignore...a haunted house for now? When would we be able to investigate? What do we tell the homeowner when we send them a bill, saying we didn't find anything? What do we tell the rest of the team right now? I'm interested, but- he turns, looking at Jason before turning back to the mayor. I think we'd like to know a little more before we can make a deal, sir.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Bluehorse »

The Mayor's eyes snap to the phone. He laughs and smiles. What debt? Are you asking me for a favor? The city doesn't wipe debts for people, Mr. Williams. And the city doesn't interfere in private operations that stay within the bounds of the law. Whatever conclusions you draw from that are of your own and very personal misinterpretation. queue the politician smile.

Scott308

#24 Post by Scott308 »

Putting the phone in his pocket, Lionel stands up. I'm sorry, sir, I must have misheard you. My apologies for that. Still, we do need to be going. Thank you for making time to speak with us on such short notice. Have a nice day, sir. With that, Lionel will leave the office.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Taaz »

Yeah, I have nothing against looking the other way unless theres actual real danger for people, in that case there aint a whole lot we can do, Jason nod genteelly and follows Lionel out of the door.

As soon as they have put some distance between them and the mayors office he looks at him. So what kind of shit did we step in now....?

Scott308

#26 Post by Scott308 »

I don't know. Now I'm really interested in seeing what the guys got themselves into if hizzonor is trying to bribe us to look the other way. He's slick, I give him that. I don't know what's going on, but I tried to tape him offering the bribe and he sniffed that out in a heartbeat. I'll let them know we're coming. We can swing by the fire station and pick up gear on the way.

We may be potentially making a vicious enemy if we do this job, but I'll feel dirty if we don't. If my career as a 'buster ends because we do the right thing and get run out of business as revenge, I don't know what I'll do. At least I'll have a clean conscience, even if I don't have food on the table...or a...table...for that matter.

Lionel texts the others: Done with mayor, going to gear up then join you.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Taaz »

Yeah, this just makes me think Etta was on to something. Jason follows along as they head to the bust.

Return to “Mission Archive”