Chapter 1: A Royal Invitation

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1: A Royal Invitation

#81 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn opens his mouth to speak but Deceidon beats him to it. When he finishes Flynn bows graciously.
"Master Deceidon has covered my inquiry as well. "

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Rukellian »

“The rogue mage in question was one of my research associates for a number of decades. He, along with a staff of other magic users, veiled themselves under the influence of kings in order research artifacts of ancient history, history that took place in the times of magic. Part of King Benagal’s plan in guaranteeing the safety of his people, he would use the unique talents of magic users to identify and either destroy or use such artifacts for the greater good of his kingdom, always in secret.

“Given the nature of the kind of work involved, naturally it can become quite a gamble; if revealed it could lead to the potential collapse of our fair and prosperous kingdom. Fear can drive many of men to do extreme and terrible things, and the king knows this all too well. That is why only a select few know of this. But then again, one must be reminded of the risk of dealing with magic and magic users in the first place. As most of you know, magic can be a cruel and twisted force that can lead to the deaths and destruction of many and much; and because of its volatile nature, one or two loyal subjects to the king may simply go mad.

“The last few times this has happened, the mages in question were easily taken care of, sometimes by my hand, but this mage in question, the one that recently went rogue, is too much for even me to handle. Furthermore, the object in question that he stole has been hidden very well, I cannot find it; however, I do know where he fled to, and according to my insight, I know how to stop him, you four….” Though Fenrin’s mouth continues to move, no one within the group can hear his voice any more. As if something was placed within everyone’s ears, the sounds within the room slowly disappear, as well as everyone’s vision. Fenrin stops for a moment and looks at everyone. He then starts to laugh what everyone can only assume to be a maniacal evil laughter. As each member of the group starts to feel dizzy and fall to their knees, Deceidon, trained as he is in such situations, immediately catches on to what is happening. Magic is being used! Without a moment to spare, his hand flies out with a previously concealed dagger and lunges towards the mage. Silence. Deceidon moved one second too late. He missed his target. Everyone falls unconcious.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rukellian »

And that is the end of chapter 1, everyone head on over to chapter 2 when it comes up. Not sure if I will get to it tonight, definitely tomorrow though!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”