Icon explanations

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Icon explanations

#1 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Can the FAQ describe what the various Icon combinations mean - Circle Vs Splat; Wiggling middle Vs Stationary. Black Dot Vs None, Colour in the Icons.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Icon explanations

#2 Post by ToniXX »

Which icons are you talking about? On the forums main page?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by BackworldTraveller »

These ones
Icons.png
Icons.png (49.48 KiB) Viewed 1278 times

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

I think before the update we used to have a visual guide at the bottom of the page. That seems to be missing now. :?
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#5 Post by Scott308 »

So, I have looked at the different icons and I think this is what they all mean:
Color- unread posts
No Color- posts have all been read by you.

Splat- Sticky posts (stay at top of forum even when new posts or comments are added in other posts.)
Circle- Normal post, meaning it will move down the page if no new posts are made, but jump to the top (but still below the sticky posts) when a new post is made in the thread.

Dot- You have posted in the thread.
No Dot- You have not posted in the thread.

Here is where I am not 100% sure. I went through several pages of threads, and the ones that have the little icon changing size (wiggling) have 24 or more replies. 23 or fewer replies, and it stays still. Maybe this is to indicate a more active thread, kind of like some forums that will have fire effects added to the icon.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Scott308 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:25 pm So, I have looked at the different icons and I think this is what they all mean:
Color- unread posts
No Color- posts have all been read by you.

Splat- Sticky posts (stay at top of forum even when new posts or comments are added in other posts.)
Circle- Normal post, meaning it will move down the page if no new posts are made, but jump to the top (but still below the sticky posts) when a new post is made in the thread.

Dot- You have posted in the thread.
No Dot- You have not posted in the thread.

Here is where I am not 100% sure. I went through several pages of threads, and the ones that have the little icon changing size (wiggling) have 24 or more replies. 23 or fewer replies, and it stays still. Maybe this is to indicate a more active thread, kind of like some forums that will have fire effects added to the icon.
Yep - I'd wondered about the wriggling thing too!

There are also various symbols the thread can be adorned with by the poster
A forum may have a folder symbol (which means sub-forums exist, I think).
A forum may have a blue globe (global?)

Anything else?

Return to “Suggestions”