[03] Nameless Dive Bar

tibbius
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [03] Nameless Dive Bar

#21 Post by ybn1197 »

If Rhisza had eyebrows, one would be cocked in surprised and curiosity as to how well that would go over with the Bilk. He subtlety looks at the others to see if they are interested in the payment.

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#22 Post by soypunk »

Anen says to Rhisza ”why not just pay us a fee in credits? then we can choose what to do with the money, regardless of the Bilk.”

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ybn1197 »

soypunk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:23 pm Anen says to Rhisza ”why not just pay us a fee in credits? then we can choose what to do with the money, regardless of the Bilk.”
Rhisza subtly nods his head. "If its fine with you Mr. Yofi, we would prefer a straight pay-out in credits. Half now and the other half at the return of your family."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by tibbius »

"I'm open to negotiation," Randall Yofi says hastily. Rhisza roll perception, Diplomat gives Advantage
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by ybn1197 »

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by tibbius »

"How much were you thinking?" Yofi asks. "How about ..." and he names a number big enough to lease a Scout class ship for about a standard year.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by ybn1197 »

Rhisza looks to the others for input.

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#28 Post by soypunk »

Anen nods in agreement.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by tibbius »

"Ok. I can arrange payment when you complete the mission. Do you need an advance?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by tibbius »

The amount of payment is agreed. Randall Yofi concludes the call with an invitation to call back when you have an idea where his family might be. "I'm tired of dealing with the police," he says. "They're clueless and bureaucratic."

Do you view the ransom video? If so, roll Tests with advantage for any Perceptive type traits.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#31 Post by soypunk »

Anen wants to the see the video. He turns to the others "I'm not sure what I'm looking for out of this video, but I'll know it when I see it. Something or someone that doesn't belong, that's usually what gives us a leg up."

Test roll [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 6

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by tibbius »

You all see that
The sound is muddy and the image is blurred. The holo shows a strikingly handsome human female and two small salimar children; during your conversation, Mr. Yofi identified them as his family. It also shows an man wearing a green gauze mask and armed with an ugly sharp knife. The man in the mask brandishes the knife as he threatens, “I can do … bad things. I will do bad things if the ransom is not paid. If the ransom is paid, all will be well!
Anen notices: The woman and children are seen from an awkward downward fisheye angle, like from a security camera feed. They appear in an ornately furnished room.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by ybn1197 »

Rhisza looks for a net interface and begins to search for anyone who may hold a grudge against Yofi.

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#34 Post by soypunk »

tibbius wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:13 pm Anen notices: The woman and children are seen from an awkward downward fisheye angle, like from a security camera feed. They appear in an ornately furnished room.
Anen turns to the others and shares with they've noticed. "Could be a governmental palace but could just easily be... someone's personal mansion." As Anen says that he turns to Rhisza and says "hand me the wristpiece again, I wonder..."

Anen wants to study the wristpiece more closely, taking time to look at the design as he can't shake the feeling that the two are connected in some way. Anen is wondering whether there are any similarities between the design elements on the wristpieces and those in the ornately furnished room.

(Anen has an eye for subtle details but his upbringing was very plain and his background as a freedom fighter would not lend themselves to picking up the intricacies of upscale living.)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by tibbius »

Anen doesn't pick up any clear similarities between the wristpiece in his hand and the images the wristpiece displays. However, as he studies the video more closely, he realizes that the man with the knife doesn't show up in the room with the family. Instead, he stands in front of a plain black backdrop in separate frames.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by tibbius »

In the ornate room, the family surround a coffee table. They appear to be playing a board game, with glistening pieces of three different colors set around a track at the perimeter of the board and pieces of a fourth color gathered in a group in a circle at the center of the board. Their movements are relaxed.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by soypunk »

Anen looks over the results of Rhisza's net search. "Well... that's a dead end." Anen leaves the table and walks up to Saradeen. "Say, would you happen to know any local law enforcement types? I need to dig up some information on an active case; walking into a police station uninvited and asking questions generally doesn't go well for me."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by tibbius »

"My ex is a cop," says Saradeen with a sly smile. "We're still on good terms. I could ask her to talk with you off the record."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#39 Post by soypunk »

Anen says “Set it up. Thank you, I owe you one.” as he leans over and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Anen walks back to the table “I’ve got us a law enforcement contact. I’m hoping they can fill in some gaps on this story. Unless anyone has better plan, I’m going to meet up with them. Better than sitting in this dump all night.”

Return to “The Rescuers (Tiny Frontiers)”