On Execution Day ...

Samwell Turleton
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: On Execution Day ...

#61 Post by tibbius »

"oh, Monsieur Destailleur. He is an honorary member of the Royal Academy and well known to the Faculty. I have his acquaintance."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Urson »

Amos
Amos rubs his stubbly chin. So he's a fine gentleman, is he? Do we know what clubs he's a member of? We'll need a Face to go about and ask for him.
FA FO

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Enfys Tambrell

”I don’t keep all of my personal collection on me but I will give you back your watch.“
She shoots a disappointed look towards Stevie.

”When I was admiring art at our lovely National Gallery I overheard some chatter about a group called the Keepers of Keys. They babbled on about about it and then mentioned they best be off to the Royal Academy. Seems that could be a club to look into...”

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#64 Post by cybersavant »

Andreas Thermopoulous

"Never 'eard of it. But seems like a good thing ta look into."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Samwell Turleton »

You are chatting quietly at the table so as not to raise any suspicions about your activity when the door to the Two Kettles opens abruptly.

Ladies and gents, all you arf'arf'an'arfs in the corners, grab your hats and coats there's a raid coming. Y'got only moments, don't faff about now! The man claps his hands a few times as if urging on children and then closes the door just as quickly as he came and departs into the street.

Stevie quickly gets up and heads to the bar at the center back of the Two Kettles and hops the counter heading towards the kitchen.

I'll be seeing ya, look for me in the safe houses.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by tibbius »

Prof. Jones moves with grace, dignity, and alacrity to the back door of the pub. Cautiously opening the door he looks along the alley both ways in search of the crushers who might be there.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by cybersavant »

Andreas Thermopoulous

Andreas get up as well. "Well, if'n that ain't a cue. I'm off too. Meet ya tomorrow, say?"
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Urson »

Amos
Amos says nothing, just hustles for the stairs. He picks a room at random and kicks it open, startling the dollymop and her customer inside. Don't mind me- just someone downstairs I don't want to meet. He ducks out the window and onto the roof of an outhouse. He drops into the alley, crosses to the next major street, and walks casually toward the high streets.
FA FO

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Professor Jones gets up from the table and moves towards the back door after Stevie.

Enfys follows after Amos up the stairs and through a window.

Andreas moves quickly to the front door of the pub and slips out quietly seeing a crowd of crushers rushing down the street brandishing their clubs.

As the group (Stevie, Professor Jones, Amos and Enfys) is getting to the stairs and to the back door the first of the crushers pulls open the pub door. He leads with a club grasped securely in one hand. He is followed by a surprising number of other uniformed men with their own clubs and twitching moustaches.

They storm harrumphing into the pub.

The Alley
In one direction you see the characteristic hats of the crushers making their way quickly down the street. The other direction is longer and ends in a street that appears to be bustling with people passing by.

Front Street
The crushers funnel in behind you as you make your way along the sidewalk out of the pub and down the street. You see a street bustling with activity directly ahead of you and you are passing a number of other businesses as you walk. Behind you is a surprisingly large crowd of crushers funneling their way into the Two Kettles.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by tibbius »

Abandoning dignity, Prof Jones legs it into the crowd.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Urson »

Amos
Amos heads for the bustling street, blending in with the crowd. He has no specific destination at the moment, just letting the crowd make him invisible.
After a few blocks, he squats for a few minutes to pass the time with The Blind Miner Dayfidd, (who is neither blind, Welsh, nor a miner).
He then walks slowly toward Rat's Castle, a notorious block of abandoned buildings with plenty of squatters and beggars.
FA FO

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by tibbius »

Prof Jones heads toward his small back office at King's College, where he lectures in Greek antiquities.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Insurrection (Into the Odd)”