SCAVENGER HUNT: Episode Four: The Quest Object

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: SCAVENGER HUNT: Episode Four: The Quest Object

#21 Post by max_vale »

On the 'surface' of the 'Trash Moon' in the 'Paradise System'

The Rebel party can hear the distinct click of a commlink channel being utilized by the pirates and then a moment later Teehl the pirate leader sighs and says, "Well....I'm afraid I have bad news darlings......your ship is being attacked by MY ship.....and I was just stalling to give my boys time to get behind you...."

The clattering of boots running on metal hits the Rebels at that moment and the pair of pirates that disappeared come around the corner of one of the hallways behind the Rebels that lead to their current position. Teehl calls out, "TAKE 'EM BOYS!" and a moment later, blaster fire rings out....

Spilfer is missed by a blaster bolt by mere centimetres and it impacts the large spherical gravity projector behind him. This angers the little Squib and he sputters out; "IF'N YOU TALL ONES HURT MY QUEST OBJECT I'LL USES YOUR HIDES AS MY BATHROOM MAT!" while he draws his little pop-gun and drops prone....

Another blaster bolt just barely misses Professor Clark while yet another burns a neat hole in the right sleeve of Cal's space suit before also burning a hole in his arm. Cal hisses in pain, but the Academic knows the wound is minor....but the hiss of leaking atmosphere is more worrisome to the veteran Rebel Agent. He knows they'll have to get that suit fixed quick to keep their pilot alive.....and also, the problem of their ship being attacked with a Cooking Droid at the controls is a big one....

Kit and Jackson are both able to duck down and narrowly avoid blaster bolts coming at them from Teehl and the four pirates she had with her to the front of them....the Wookie and Engineer both angry at the situation....

Zuul is able to move his bulk quickly enough to avoid a blaster bolt from one of the two pirates that snuck up behind them, but the sudden move is enough to remind the Barabel that he's already wounded. The second sneaky pirate behind them fired a blast that would've hit Vale right in the chest if he hadn't suddenly ignited his lightsaber based off some impulse of the Force and deflected the bolt into the wall....

OOC: Okay, the situation is Teehl and 2 pirates down one of the hallways in "front" of the Rebel group....2 more pirates down the other hallway in "front" of the Rebels....and 2 last pirates "behind" the Rebels.....

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit tries to find some cover and fires a blast from her blaster carbine at the easiest target.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson takes as best cover as he can alongside the gravity projector. He then fires a blast from his carbine at the nearest target.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by kipper »

"Why does everybody always have to do things the hard way?", Clark mutters ruefully as he fires at Teehl with his Heavy Blaster Pistol (using my last Force Point).

OOC1: Hopefully we have enough time to take down at least a couple of goons before we have to deal with Cal's leaking suit.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul growls as he turns to face the two that he just knew were trying something fishy. As he turns, he lights up his repeating rifle and fires a burst at each of the two pirates. He will use a force point.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Starbeard »

Vale reaches his open hand toward Teehl and throws his whole mind into searching for the biggest piece of debris around her to topple over.

OOC: Spending a Force point on Telekinesis, to bring the heaviest junk I can down on top/in front of Teehl and her two pirates. If it's junk from the walls or ceiling then I'll try to find something that would cause a full on collapse in the corridor, but otherwise I'm happy to simply topple part of the wall to hit her or block their way.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by Solo4114 »

Cal dives for cover and attempts to repair his suit.

(OOC: does he have any kind of emergency patch or anything?)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by max_vale »

As the fight between the pirates and the band of Rebel Agents on the 'Trash Moon' of the Paradise System continued, Cal dropped down and completely forgot about the situation as his world shrank down to the rapidly cooling burn wound from the blaster bolt he just received and sound of air escaping the hole in his space suit the blaster bolt just created and the strange combination of fear and numbness as the vacuum began to set in....

The pilot remembered an old trick and he clumsily, but rapidly took off the belt holding his blaster holster and wrapped it around the hold several times and held it tight, hearing the sound of escaping air slow down to almost nothing as he hoped, prayed, WILLED his companions to end the fight quickly so that one of them could help him patch the hole in a more permanent manner in the near future*.....

As Cal worried about keeping himself alive, Zuul snarled and bringing around his Light Repeating Blaster, he opened up on the two Pirates who had snuck around behind the Rebel Band and opened fire. His reptilian muscles bulged as they absorbed the massive recoil of firing the weapon 'from the hip' and he poured a pair of bursts that walked into and thru both of the pirates, messily dropping them where they had stood and leaving the Barabel with an immense feeling of gratification....

Jackson and Kit'katarra both faced the pair of Pirates working down the opposite passage that Teehl and the last two pirates were firing from and the Wookie medic and recent Student of the Force aimed carefully and fired a blast from her Carbine that drilled her opponent right through the helmet, causing the Pirate to drop like a puppet that had just had its strings cut. Next to her, Jackson took cover and fired a shot that just narrowly missed his target as that Pirate ducked under the blaster bolt, only to have a prone Spilfer drill that same Pirate with a shot from his little hold-out blaster that suddenly hit the ducking Pirate in the chest. The pirate dropped to the ground, writhed for a moment and then lay still. The title Squib looked at the Rebel with a big grin and said, "Good teamwork, you BET!"

Down the corridor that held Teehl and the last two Pirates, Professor Clark summoned all of his concentration, took a deep breath and then rose up, aimed down the barrel of his outstretched Heavy Blaster Pistol and fired a blast at the black helmeted and suited Pirate Leader and had the satisfaction of watching his bolt slam right into her upper chest and causing the Pirate Leader to drop back onto the ground. A moment later, Vale the Young Jedi closed his eyes, threw his hand out and calling on his connection with the Force, he moved/threw/pulled a dozen objects cluttering the passageway down/forward/up and formed an impromptu barrier wall that suddenly sealed off that corridor with Teehl (if she still lived) and the two pirates with her from the band of Rebel Agents.

Suddenly all was quiet as the two pirates behind them lay in smoking ruins as did the two in front of them down the non blocked passageway. The Silence was broken by the Comlinks crackling to life yet again with the panic filled voice of L9; "IF ANYONE CAN HEAR ME, CAN YOU HELP ME TO FLY THIS THING SO I DON'T END UP AS THE DROID VERSION OF MINCED REVORKIAN MEAT PLEASE?"

OOC: *Hey Solo, I had Cal spend a Force Point (basically your Tech Attribute of 2D+2...reduced to 1D+2 due to the Wound...was NOT going to let you be able to fix anything) to come up with a quick jury-rig solution that will hold for a few turns.....I hope that's cool

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit rushes over to Cal and tries to help repair his suit.

"GRLL..."
"We need to get to the ship."

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by kipper »

"Right, let's get going!"

Clark will do what he can to help patch Cal's suit, and then leads the way down the passageway, looking for a route back to the ship.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul cackles with glee as his new toy meets his expectations. "Can the droid be told how to pilot the ship? Droidss follow orderss, right?" He follows Clark down the passageway, stopping for a moment to look over the fallen pirates.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by Solo4114 »

Cal tries his best to hold steady and hopes he won't need to spend time in a bacta tank when all this is done...

(OOC -- no problem on the Force Point spend, Max.)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Starbeard »

Vale will assist in mending the suit if it will help.

Into his comlink he asks, "L9, do you have control of the ship? Can you fly to our position?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson takes one look around and sets his jaw. Speaking to the others, "Y'all get to the ship and help that wack job droid. We're going to need a ride out of here when this is all done. I'll take care of Cal," he says pulling out his repair kit. Once the suit is fixed we'll follow along.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by max_vale »

Jackson is able to fairly quickly fix up Cal's suit while a comment from the Barabel sparks a connection in Professor Clark's mind as he leads the party to where they can board the Nova Kestrel and get the hell off this 'Trash Moon'.....

The Academic-turned-Rebel motions to Vale who had just used his comlink to talk to L9 the cooking droid that was currently piloting their ship and he suggests letting Cal and/or Jackson give the Droid piloting instruction in the form of "cooking terms"....

This lead to such instructions as: 'Roll to the right like your running the rolling pin over some baked akalesh bread'....and 'Gently pitch the front of the ship up like you were delicately flipping Galaffa eggs in a pan'.....and so forth....

Spilfer kept up an immensely amused banter at this conversation, while also practically salivating over the Gravity Well Projector Sphere they were 'pushing' towards the landing site....

Eventually, L9 reported the 'ghastly rude diners' that had been attempting to 'fricassee him like Volik Spiced meat cubes', moved on and he followed the instructions to not-so-gently slam-down onto the Trash Moon surface and causing Cal to ALMOST forget the pain of his wound as he saw the sad shape of his badly scorched, dented and shot up Freighter.....

Soon however, the Rebel band was onboard, Spilfer's Sphere was in the Starboard Cargo Hold and they were slowly maneuvering their way off the surface of the Trash Moon and starting to make their way out of the System......that's when they noticed the chaos all around them.....

TO BE CONTINUED IN EPISODE FIVE: PARADISE UNBOUND!

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”