[01] Boarding Party

tibbius
soypunk
Strider
Strider

Re: [01] Boarding Party

#21 Post by soypunk »

Anen

Anen urges Alex to join Rhisza and then moves the prisoners into the docking bay. He wants to secure the docking bay door that faces into the main ship area such that it could not be opened from inside the docking bay (computer security panel? Mechanically rigging it?) He's wanting to rejoin Alex and Rhisza as quickly as possible.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by tibbius »

The Bilk captain lurks in the docking bay, blast pistol leveled at the captives. She moves confidently to corral the five in a corner of the bay. "They'll be fine with me," she says. "Go on and do your thing! Remember to use the stun launcher."

Rapidly, you move to the portal leading into the Reset room.

You see a crowd of people seated on chairs, about forty or fifty people, facing a dais at the far end of the wide room. On the dais is a chair. Two attendants are strapping Liandis Gvny into the chair. He lolls limply, a placid expression on his face - clearly he's been sedated. That will make it challenging to get him out.

Two security guards stand at the foot of the dais, one at either side, facing the audience. You hear murmured conversations among the people in the chairs, but the room is generally silent.

The security guards are interested in the audience and the man in the chair, not so much your presence at the portal.

What do you do?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex

Looking at his compatriot, “I spose we use that stun launcher, shut the door so we’re not caught jn the blast, and rush in and grab Gvny.”
He nods.
“Feeling lucky?”
Alex will use his Nimble Fingers for the timing with the door, and his Luckiness if needed to avoid any mishaps.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#24 Post by soypunk »

Anen

Anen looks at Alex and nods. "Go for Gvny." He then aims the stun-launcher towards the two guards and fires.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by ybn1197 »

Rhisza nods in agreement. "Sounds like the quickest and safest method with all these innocents here."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by tibbius »

[_2d6] = (5+6)=11 to use the "simple" Xenotech with minimal training ... The plan proceeds smoothly. A squeeze of the handle, the long spirally silver stick throbs and emits a glittering, glowing pink cube that sails through the room and impacts the dais. One guard turns to look at it, the other grabs for his blast pistol. The portal slides shut.

A few moments pass; you hear shouting and scrambling from the room beyond the closed portal. Then a soft "whoomp." Then many soft thuds - bodies hitting the floor?

After a few more moments, one of you taps the touchpanel and the portal slides open. You see a room filled with unconscious people, including Gvny and the attendants and the guards and all of the audience.

What do you do?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex

Alex dashes to Gvny, hoists him into a fireman’s carry, and hightails it back out of the room!
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#28 Post by soypunk »

Anen

Anen holds the stun-launcher up and turns it side-to-side to look at. "Stunning." Out of the corner of his eye he sees Alex hoisting Gvny and rushes to follow them back to the ship.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by ybn1197 »

Rhisza follows the others keeping an eye out for any more guards.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by tibbius »

As you rush back to the quasi-hole in the wall of the pressure corridor, Gvny slung over Alex's shoulder, you hear shouting and scrambling from the docking bay. Then the unmistakable sound of a blast pistol - four times.

You rush into the bay to find the two maintenance workers crouched against the bulkhead gripping each others' shoulders and squeaking - Rhisza hears "Oh no ... oh no ... oh no." The three security guards lie crumpled on the deck with smoking wounds. The nameless Bilk captain of the nameless ship crouches against the other bulkhead, disheveled and panting, pistol leveled toward the guards.

What do you do?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex

Alex keeps moving to get Gvny around a corner and out of harm’s way before putting him down and returning to help the others.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by tibbius »

As Alex nearly trips over her in his haste, the female security guard whimpers and moans. Her hands clutch at the smoldering wound on her thigh. One of the male security guards grunts in response.

"Get em out of here," the Bilk says shakily. "All of em out. We gotta go now."

What do you do?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

soypunk
Strider
Strider

#33 Post by soypunk »

Anen

Anen approaches the whimpering female security guard and carefully lifts her to move her off the ship. He turns his head back for a moment to look at the Bilk and says "What happened? I thought we disarmed these folk." and continues to carry the guard back over to the hole near pressure corridor.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

Knowing the hows and whys really don't matter at this point, Rhisza helps get Gvny settled in. That accomplished, he helps get the other prisoners off the ship and then the captain settled in so they can get out of here ASAP.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex

If he has time, Alex takes any communications devices the officers and maintenance workers have to buy a bit more time for their escape.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by tibbius »

Moving swiftly, you drag / carry / dump the three security guards into the pressure corridor. The maintenance workers move with alacrity when they realize they are free to go.

One of the guards droops limply as you move him - you're not sure that he's breathing. The other two try to hold still, but squirm and yelp in pain as you jostle their wounds, it seems like they'll survive.

Just as you duck back into the docking bay, you hear shouts and running feet approaching from the corridor.

"Quick! To your positions!" the captain exclaims as she hits the panel to seal the bay. The pressure door irises swiftly shut as you move toward your assigned positions ...

I believe Rhisza is Helm, what tasks do you other two take?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex

Alex heads to the gunner’s seat.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by tibbius »

And Anen takes Shields.

The ship has the following systems:
(structure 6, fuel 10) –
agile dodge, (Rhisza)
long-range scanners,
plasma cannons, rapid fire lasers, (Alex)
mining shields, (Anen)
stealth engines, emergency power (Rhisza)
On each turn, you may choose two actions related to your systems. The Actions for Helm include Move, Evade, or activating a system. The Actions for Gunner include Attack or activating a system. The actions for Defense include activating a system. You'll need to roll for each action - [_2d6]. Remember Rhisza can roll [_2d6] each round to get an extra Move or Evade as the Helm (Pilot trait).

If you want to know more about your assigned systems, message me and I'll explain - I'm hoping everyone has a copy of the rules?

We're opening [02] Escape.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “The Rescuers (Tiny Frontiers)”