atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

RUMORS [Grogg & Tankard]

#1 Post by atpollard »

COMPANY TOWN
1. Pharmacy
  • [Linkletter] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 37: Shift 3: Hour 5
    During his time at Gwynedd, Doc learns that there is a close link between Company Town and Industry Park with many in both communities coming to the Pharmacy for their medical needs, but there is a sharp cultural and economic divide at the ferry. The people of Old Town seldom venture into Company Town and the fishermen from the Landings virtually never do. As a result, the wealthier residents of Company Town and Industry Park are over-served and the poorer residents of Old Town and the Landings are under-served by Heath Care. One result is that 'Ladies' are over medicated for their 'nerves' while Fishermen loose fingers to infections that should have healed.
2. House

3. Bank
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 37: Shift 3: Hour 6
    While at the Bank, you learned that Mr Studley's old home had been repossessed by the bank some time ago and was up for sale if anyone was interested [The House (#2) in Company Town across the street from the Pharmacy (#1).]
4. House

5. House

6. Andovan Drygoods
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 33: Shift 3: Hour 0:30
    "Merik. Merik!" shouted Irene.
    "Over here. Coming Ma." came a response from a distant corner, followed by rapid footsteps and the appearance of a 12 year old boy.
    [snip]
    "Yes, you can go back to what you were doing." said Irene. "just don't let your father catch you." she whispered with a shake of her head. "That boy will either grow up to be a criminal or a politician." she said to Jo. "He is always up to some mischief."
    [snip]
    Leaning close Irene whispered "It cost 2000 credits and Mr. Studley still owes 1600 credits on it, but after 2 years, I just want it sold so for 1300 credits it is all yours."
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 40: Shift 3: Hour 7:30
    Jo arrived at the General Store but found the owner reluctant to get involved with anything related to the Grogg and Tankard. "Way I hear it, if trouble be comin’ home to roost at the Tankard … well, it’s a trouble of their own makin’. Can’t lay in the woods an’ not get ticks. Can’t welcome naer-do-wells and not attract trouble."
  • [Linkletter] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 8:50
    While Doc (Samuel) was purchasing the writing box and blank journals, the lady at Andovan Drygoods (#6) began casually chatting about the Empty House (#2). The current news was that the bank (#3) had formally foreclosed on the abandoned property and would be auctioning it off. Edwin was expected to bid on it, and if no one bid against him, Edwin would purchase another property for practically nothing. "You know he raised Gretchin’s rent on the Wine shop?" she said "Fortunately we own our building and have no intention of selling. It is a nice home if you are interested in establishing a home port."
  • [Linkletter] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 1:00
    Linkletter asked about the timing of the auction and Irene replied that Bank had been waiting two years for Mr Studley to return and start making payments on his loan. "So they want to sell as fast as possible, but all of this trouble with the Grogg and Tankard forced them to wait until after the Town Hall vote to hold an auction. I heard that they were going to hold the auction on Day 7, the day after the Town Hall vote."
    The conversation between Linkletter and Irene had moved on to Mr. Studley. "An odd fellow, he was." said Irene. "Always so secretive. There was some that say he was a pirate, but I don’t think that’s the right of it. He was odd, but he never seemed the sort to enjoy hurting people." She offered Samuel a biscuit (cookie) from a tin by the counter. "Now others claimed he was some sort of inventor … a wealthy recluse. Now I can’t speak about whether he was wealthy or not, but he was good with his hands and always buying small parts for some project or other."
    Irene finished complaining about Andovan’s Dry Goods being robbed twice and explaining that was why her husband now patrolled the place armed. The conversation moved on to Gretchen. "Now Gretchen hasn’t been robbed, but small wonder that with those two monsters guarding her stock. I ran into her at the bank two days before last and she said that by next cycle she would have enough to buy her shop from Edwin. So good for you, said I. You’ve worked hard to make the Green Grape a thriving business, said I. You deserve to own it, said I. So that will be one bit of good news among all of this gloom about crime and Gottard."
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 1:00
    While Irene was talking with Linkletter, Jo wandered aisles to kill time. She heard a faint noise from a far corner and saw a boy through two aisles of stacked crates. He seemed to be responsible for the peculiar noise. Watching from the next aisle over, Jo observed him throwing a small pocket knife at an old crate. The boy she recognized as Irene’s teenage son, but there was something both peculiar and familiar about the way he was throwing the pocketknife. Josephine just couldn’t place her finger on what it was.
    Josephine stared at the boy. The way he held the knife folded in his palm and with a single quick flick of the arm, the blade was unfolded and heading towards the crate. [thunk] The point of the blade stuck into the side of the box. The boy retrieved the blade, folded it, carefully placed it in his hand and threw it again. Jo was certain that she had seen that somewhere before.
    Suddenly, Josephine remembered where she knew that throw from. It was years ago and she was visiting a large city. There was a crowd. A man in a dark coat flicked a blade just like that … it sailed through the crowd and struck a man in the back. Nobody saw where it came from because there was nothing to see from above the elbows. Just a crowd walking and a knife from nowhere. Jo tried to tell someone, but your shipmates told you "We don’t get involved in Underworld business."
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 1:05
    You're a promising young man- do you plan to ship out with the Navy? Or are you more the Merchantman type? said Jo.
    "Jo? That’s an odd name fer a girl." said the boy with more casual curiosity than malice in his tone. While he was suspicious at first, he seemed to quickly decide that Jo was not a threat. "Neither." he sighed. "Ma wants me to get an education in business so I can run the place and Pa thinks that I can learn everything that I need right here on the job." He looked down at his feet and kicked at the floor. "Me, I just want to run off and have some adventures like …" He abruptly stopped mid-sentence. "Just some adventures."
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 1:10
    Do you have any theories about what's happening? Or juicy rumors? said Jo.
    The boy snorted derisively. "If you want theories and rumors you should just talk to all the grownups in town. They are all just full of opinions and all of ‘em equally wrong." Merik, the boy, had a sour look on his face. "You know they blamed me for everything when the trouble started! Guilty until proved innocent … that’s their way. Heck, I know fer a fact that ain’t nobody at Gottard’s responsible fer it." His voice dropped to a whisper "but I can’t talk about it." He glanced nervously at his parents and tried to change the subject.
7a. Jeweler

7b. Tailor

7c. 'Broken Rudder' Tavern
  • [Linkletter] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 33: Shift 3: Hour 0:25
    While studying the coin, you overheard three local men talking at another table ...
    “I'm telling you, O'Biergin himself is in on it.” said the first man to the second man.
    “Who's in on what?” said a third man as he sat down with a cold ale to join the two men at the table. “Who are we talking about today?”
    “Lord O'Biergin.” said the second man.
    “What about him?” said the third man.
    “Brian here thinks he's behind the crimes.” said the second man.
    “That's daft.” said the third man. “His Lordship has more money than anyone ... except maybe old Belsey.”
    “Not behind it,” said the first man. “but in on it! Think about it. How could this crime wave go on for so long with nobody getting caught unless some silver was trading hands to look the other way.”
    “You're drunk, Brian Idle.” said the third man.
    “Maybe I am, but I still say them what haves are the ones that make sure they get their piece of the pie.” said the first man.
    All three men agreed with that and drank a toast to “A piece of the pie.” ... all three men laughed.
8. Gwynedd Hotel
  • [Ignatz] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 37: Shift 3: Hour 8
    Upon returning to Gwynedd, Ignatz arrived at the Gwynedd Hotel in Company Town and felt uncomfortable about the way Edwin Belsey both spoke to Becky and leered at her. So Ignatz checked out of the Hotel to take a room at … the quiet Hearthfire Inn in Old Town.
9. House

10. Boat Supplies

11. Wine & Spirits
  • [Routledge] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 1: Shift 2: Hour 2:45
    Mercutio felt infinitely more like himself after a good breakfast. He had enjoyed the polite social gatherings, formal tea with the ladies and gentlemanly card games at the Gwynedd Hotel, but after a week of talk about the crime wave, the need to expel the rough folk attracted by the Grogg and Tankard, and whispered stories about the exciting music and gambling at the Grogg and Tankard ... Mercutio decided that it was time to see this exciting “den of thieves” for himself. Of course prudence required one not go unprepared, so you were wearing your Surgical Arm and had your Derringer tucked safely in a coat pocket.
    As you were strolling past the store that sold Wine and Spirits and about to turn the corner on the raised walkway that served as main street, a great blow landed across your back and you found yourself falling from the walk to the beach below. Your chest ached and you struggled to inhale. Your ears rang and your vision was blurred. The cane had flown from your hand in the fall and you struggled to shake off the confusion and stand.
    As your mind began to clear, you inhaled deeply and realized that someone had clubbed you from behind. The pain in your scapula told you that the harness and brace for the arm had absorbed a great deal of the impact and spread a blow to the back of the head across most of your shoulders and back. Still the blow had done real damage. As you staggered to your feet and slowly felt the stunning confusion begin to lift, you became aware of the approach of two figures in dark cloaks.
    Thought you hit ‘em?
    Ma oui. I did hit him.
    Not hard enough. Again, n’est-ce pah? Or do I need to do it myself?
    Not my fault. C’est mecanique.
    Then hit him again, only harder.
    I thought we were just supposed to rob them?
    C’est la guerre.
    Through only slightly disoriented double vision, you see a form cautiously approaching with something raised in his hands to strike you. The source of the second voice remained in the shadows at some distance.
12. Groceries

13. House

14. Leather Goods

15. Tanner/Ranch
  • [All] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 3: Hour 8:20
    The last stall, in the NE corner, contained several small covered barrels. Also in the stall was a wheelbarrow leaning against a wall and covering a pick and a shovel. The stains on the wheelbarrow were not from soils found near the surface. They were from soils found deep underground.
    An examination of the floor revealed wheelbarrow tracks led from the Goat Stall out the main door. Cracking the main door to peek outside, you see nobody around. The door appears to open onto a pasture full of animals.
16. Warehouse

17. House

18. Pilot Boathouse

19. Grogg and Tankard Hotel
  • [Diana] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 37: Shift 3: Hour 7
    The 'house' seemed on the up and up and the players were a mixed bag from amateurs out to have fun to skilled professionals able to memorize every card played. Cheating was rare, but some tried and the large bouncer or owner invited them to leave without their money (and occasionally without a tooth).
  • [Linkletter & others] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 38: Shift 2
    Doc has heard very little about the crime wave from inside the Grogg and Tankard. Just the general talk that there seems to be more burglaries and muggings going on lately. In Company Town, outside the Grogg and Tankard, there are whispers everywhere about the latest incident. It seems as if a robbery or a mugging has become a daily event. Most people seem reluctant to speak about it too much. The one notable exception is Jim, the town drunk, who is more than happy to share his opinion that it is all because of the Grogg and Tankard being a magnet for thieves and things will not get back to normal until you eliminate the rat's nest. There have been three attacks and two burglaries in town in the 3 days you have been here, but none at the Grogg and Tankard.
    What you notice after a few days at the 'Tankard' is that the German owner runs a fairly tight establishment that caters mostly to the lower end of the social spectrum. It is rowdy and loud, but security and the owner quickly deal with anyone that starts to get too out of control. There is a large room at the Tankard where those with no money and those too drunk to find their way home can sleep for free. There are single rooms on one side of the great central hall (upstairs) where several young ladies seem to be practicing the world’s oldest profession. There are also single occupancy rooms, double occupancy rooms, suites and a great suite available for rent (without companionship). There are two guests, Frenchmen, staying in one of the rooms that seem off. They have done and said nothing wrong, but some unknown "streetwise" sense just doesn't quite feel right about those two.
    There was an amusing story that you heard around town claiming that the man living behind the Grogg and Tankard is really a 'merman' ... that's why he never talks to people and spends all of his time repairing boats.
  • [All] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 40: Shift 3: Hour 6:40
    A man lies passed out a short distance from the burning building. The first men on the scene dragged him away from the fire, but smelling the reek of beer from his clothes left him to sleep it off without paying him any further attention.
    "Plenty of time to hang the dummy tomorrow." whispered one man with a scowl.
    You observe that all of the staff and some of the residents of the Grogg and Tankard are fighting the fire, along with Lord Baldry and the town guard … but most of the townspeople are conspicuously absent or are just standing and watching from a safe distance.
  • [Jacques & Remy] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 40: Shift 3: Hour 7:30
    Lord Baldwin acknowledges Jacques support of Remy "I believe you about your friend’s skill, and his report would not surprise me. I suspect that someone has been causing trouble for my friend Gottard and means to drive him out of town. Unfortunately, I will need better evidence than suspicious footprints if I am to find those responsible and protect Gottard from the town vote." He smiled and shook your hands "Thank you for your assistance. If you see or hear anything else, let me know."
    [Linkletter] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 40: Shift 3: Hour 7:30
    His eyes were slightly unequally dilated, suggesting a head trauma and a possible concussion. The back of his head had a small but growing lump and a bruise. Not taught in Medical School, but Doc recognized the mark from his streetwise Soc 3 background as coming from a “sap” … a small leather bag filled with lead shot used by back-alley muggers to quickly render a victim unconscious. While his clothes and hair were wet with beer, his breath did not smell of alcohol.
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 40: Shift 3: Hour 7:40
    Jo returned from settling up at the General store and passed unnoticed through the crowd gathered to watch and discuss the fire.
    "Like I said. Nothing but trouble ever comes from Hass’ den of thieves." said a raspy voice from the crowd.
    A woman responded "They do attract a rough crowd and it is no longer safe to walk the streets alone. "
    The raspy voice cut through several that spoke at once "It wasn’t bad ‘nuff when ya’ had to lock yerself in yer home to feel safe, but now those cutthroats are threatening to burn you alive even in your home! They gotta go, I say."
    Arguments broke out among the crowd, but fear held the greater numbers than charity.
  • [Josephine & Linkletter] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 1: Shift 1: Hour 8:40
    Gottard Hass explains that Urs is more than an employee. Like many of the people that work at the Grogg and Tankard, he is a good friend and closer to family. "It was one thing when they attacked my reputation and my business financially, but now they are harming and perhaps even trying to kill my friends … my family."
    He goes on to explain that he cannot investigate this matter without arousing suspicions and drawing unwanted attention. Therefore, he is asking that you, as outsiders, make inquiries about town and attempt to discover who is behind this scheme to drive Gottard and his friends from Gwenydd.
    "I have postponed the vote at the Town Hall as long as I can. They will vote on the morning of Day 6 whether to revoke my license in Gwenydd and force my friends and I to move elsewhere. If we cannot identify who is behind this by then, they will have won." Gottard smiled "In exchange for your troubles, I propose a business offer. I will pay you this …" Gottard dumped 500 Gold 50 credit pieces onto the table [Cr 25,000] "… if you can discover who is behind this. And double if you can find actual proof, like will stand up in a court."
  • [Linkletter to All] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 1: Shift 1: Hour 1:30
    Doc quickly performed a brief examination of Urs’ throat and discovered a congenital birth defect that left him without functioning vocal cords. As a scholar, Doc was aware of the existence of sign language used by deaf communities, even Plato had written about it. Unfortunately, you were also aware that each “school” had its own unique language.
    Urs was reluctant to communicate at first and simply wanted to leave, but assurances from Gottard eventually convinced him to tolerate you. Upon discovering that you could sign, Urs became significantly more friendly towards Doc and visibly relaxed. Clearly this was not someone that got along well with most people.
    Late Shift 2 (8-12 hours ago), Urs was helping ‘L-o-g-a-n’ install new rigging on his small catboat. The boy got a new sail from his father and wanted to replace the old, worn out sail. The boy left about 2 bells (6 hours ago) to join his family for Holiday Celebration.
    [Gottard explained that Logan was Logan Howard Junior, the 16 year old son of Logan Howard who operates the Foundry (#28) in Company Town. Logan (Jr) and Rolland are two local boys that work with Urs repairing boats to earn a little extra money. Urs is very good at woodcraft and “practically lives in the water.”]
    After the boy left, Urs went back to work on the abandoned boat that he was rebuilding. He was carving the details on a replacement section of railing when someone hit him from behind … real hard. His head still hurts.
    [From conversation and observation, Doc estimates Urs to be (C7Bxx3) … INT and EDU are hard to judge speaking different languages … so someone had to hit him VERY hard to render Urs unconscious. Likely a fatal blow for a lesser man.]
    Urs never saw them clear. When he started to come to, everything was real blurry. He saw two people moving. One poured something on him and the other said something. He couldn’t understand the words. Urs thinks it might have been in French.
    Urs says that his head hurts and asks if you have something to help him sleep and feel better. Someone responded that Urs had to stay awake, and Doc educated them about the latest information from an article in the Medical Journal before giving Urs something to ease the pain and help him sleep.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: RUMORS [Grogg & Tankard]

#2 Post by atpollard »

INDUSTRY PARK
20. Company Drydock

21. Boarding House

22a. Passenger Terminal

22b. Two (2) Freight Depots

23. Boarding House

24. House

25. House

26. Machine Shop

27. House (Mayor)
  • [Linkletter] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 38: Shift 1: Hour 4
    While having a meal in the Restaurant in Company Town shortly after the worst of the crisis had passed, Doc happened to make the acquaintance of a certain local ... a crotchety old man that seemed to have little patience for anyone. As it happened, Jacob Winslow, the self-same crotchety old man, had an interest in old manuscripts and saw you working on the translation to the runes on your coin. After a brief conversation you discovered that Jacob was merely bad at suffering foolish questions from the dull witted, and you had somehow agreed to a game of chess. So, it became a habit that you would visit with Jacob at his home (#27 in Industry Park) which was, fortunately, only a short walk from the Grogg and Tankard where you were staying. Each day you played a game of chess, which Jacob enjoyed even if he wasn't a very skilled player, and spoke about any number of things to pass the time. Thus, as days passed, you learned that Jacob was actually Mayor Winslow and had been a resident of Gwynedd all his life. He could remember the sleepy little village before the Dry-dock and steamships came and the wealth from the East built Company Town and Industry Park. Jacob also was the clerk and maintained all of the land records, although he didn't really need the records. He could remember every purchase and sale that he ever recorded.
    On one particular day, your game was interrupted by a local seeking to talk with Jacob about the trouble and the upcoming vote. Jacob was typically annoyed at the interruption, viewing it as pointless gossip without any real facts to add to the speculation. "How I plan on voting is the concern of no one except myself. You should try thinking for yourself. You might decide that you like it." snapped Jacob.
    "What about the case for giving his Lordship more time? And the rumors about Edwin."
    Jacob scowled. "I am not interested in rumors and we have already delayed the vote twice. His Lordship has had plenty of time to put a stop to the crime. No more delays, now get out and go do something useful." After the man left, Jacob continued over your Chess game ...
    "That Edwin is a sly one, all right. I am probably one of the few people in town that knew what he was really up to. However he seems to have quit his games and settled down recently." He moves a rook "Blasted rumors."
    "I think the source of the trouble is right under his nose." said Jacob, pointing a pawn at you for emphasis "His Lordship is letting his friendship with Gotthard blind him to the Grogg and Tankard as the source of this trouble. They both arrived at about the same time, you know ... Gotthard and the trouble with crime." He captures a Bishop, but looses a Rook. Ordinarily a fair trade, but it leaves his queen vulnerable to attack by your Knight in a few moves. "I am hoping that after the vote, they will both leave together."
28. Foundry
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 38: Shift 2: Hour 4:00
    Sixteen year old Logan Junior works at the Grogg and Tankard. "Well, not actually in the Tavern itself. That's no place for a boy. He works with Urs in the cottage behind the Tavern. My husband bellows that he should be working beside him at the forge, but Junior is a stubborn as Senior." she chuckled "That boy has a mind of his own and he loves wood the way my husband loves metal."
29. House

30. House

31. House

32. Blast Furnace
  • [Josephine] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 38: Shift 2: Hour 4:00
    While waiting for an ingot, Roman spoke with Jo about the crime issue and the upcoming vote to close down the Grogg and Tankard. He shared his personal theory on the matter "I think that Haas is selling food at a loss because he was never in business to make money. I think the Grogg and Tankard is a front for a German spy operation. They spy on the guests to gather information and some of the Guests are probably there to spy on the town ... and on ship movements. Mark my words, there is more going on than meets the eye."
33. House

34. House

35. House

36. House

37. Ferry Crossing

Lighthouse

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by atpollard »

OLD TOWN
38. House

39. House
  • [Remy] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 1: Shift 2: Hour 7
    While not one of the shipwreck survivors, it was impossible to discuss the question of the Grogg and tankard without running across Jim, the ill-mannered, ill tempered, bad smelling town drunk who was always quick to share an opinion on that particular subject … " You know everyone that works for Gottard is a thief." he confided in you far too close for that breath. "Tis true and I can prove it! Take the maid, Abi Farley. You just ask around town and see for yourself if she wasn’t fired from the Gwynedd Hotel for stealing. Course Gottard had no problems about hiring her. Seems she fits right in with the rest of his thieving clientele. Don’t take my word. You ask around for yourself and see it that ain’t the truth of it!"
40. House

41. House (Flour Mill)
    Two ladies out shopping informed Remy that the crime wave had even struck the merchants of old Town.
    " Poor Mr. O’Dorcey was complaining that someone kept robbing his Flour Mill. He has tried to catch the thieves, but they keep stealing grain right out of his silo without a trace. He was saying that crisis or no, he has no choice but to raise his prices to cover the theft."
42. House

43. House

44. House

45. House

46. House

47. Hearthfire (Inn)
  • [Diana & others] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 38: Shift 1: Hour 4
    Zack and Maeve Whelin run the Hearthfire Inn. Once the busiest (and only) Inn in Gwynedd, it now faces stiff competition from both the Gwynedd Hotel for the upper class travelers and the Grogg and Tankard for the working class travelers. Still, this quaint Inn has enough regular patrons that prefer the hospitality of the Whelins to pay the bills. The building is a large 3 section building entered through the center of a long wall. The middle third of the building is open two stories tall with a round hearth in the center burning with an aromatic fire. To one side is a comfortable sitting area and to the other is a long communal table. Beyond the table, doors lead to a kitchen and pantry and beyond the sitting area doors lead to the owner’s living apartments. A single set of stairs along the far wall rise to a balcony that circles the second floor and is lined with bedrooms. There are six single bedrooms and three double bedrooms. There is a small bar in the common room where Zack serves drinks to guests on order.
    [snip]
    While staying at the Hearthfire Inn, Diana learns that the crime wave has not impacted anyone at the Inn and that your host and hostess think very little of German proprietor and German guests at the Grogg and Tankard. "Sooner we’re rid of those ruffians, the better, I’ll be a sayin an meanin it."
    [snip]
    Living at the Hearthfire and among the residents of Old Town and the Landings, Diana encounters a number of curious local stories.
    "The food at the Grogg and tankard tastes good enough, but with all those spices and sauces there is no telling exactly what sort of meat you are really eating ... If you know what I mean."
    "The man what lives behind the Grogg and Tankard was cursed by a witch. That's why he can't speak a word and always keeps to himself."
    "The Church grounds are haunted. People have seen them with their own eyes. It was probably the angry spirits themselves what burnt down the old church."
    "These waters have been used as a haven for smugglers and privateers. Who knows how many lost treasures lie buried and just waiting to be discovered."
    Remy ventured off to the Hearthfire Inn in Old Town to carouse with the middle class survivors of the shipwreck and see what they might have heard. Unfortunately, the Hearthfire Inn, itself proved a poor location for gathering any information. The owner kept a sharp eye and ear on the commons and his guests and with the first mention of the Grogg and tankard, he his quick to make his feelings known … " Tis bad for business and bad for the community, says I. Sooner the lot o’ naer-do-wells are gone, the sooner things can return to normal." With the proprietor so strongly opinionated, few guests were willing to speak of the matter further.
48. House

49. House

50. House

51. House

52. Stone Manor House

53. Boatyard (wood boats)

54. House (Mason)
  • [Routledge, Jacques & Remy] Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 1:15
    "Perhaps you could join us for an outing?" said Jacques.
    "I am sorry. I can’t help you." said Max as the color drained from his face and his hands began to tremble. "You should probably leave now before someone sees you here and he kills both of us."
  • Cycle 1063 (Winter): Day 2: Shift 2: Hour 1:20
    "Who are you afraid of? As for being seen—we're here now. We're as likely to be seen leaving as we were coming in, don't you think?" said Doc Routledge.
    "You should forget all about the passage that you found. I wish I knew nothing about it." said Max. "If he finds out you have been snooping around his secrets, his gang will kill you. If they think that I told you about his secrets, they will kill me. So, the safest course for all of us is for you to just forget you ever saw that spot." Leaning close to softly whisper "If you are determined to continue down this path and take them all on, you might want to search around the farm of the Tanner." (#15)
    "If you can arrest them, I will consider testifying against them." Max smiled slightly as he opened the door "And if you get yourself killed, then you are just some strangers that tried to hire me, but I was too busy. Now, good day to you, gentlemen. I have work to get back to."
55. Schoolhouse

56. House

57. House (Bakery)

58. Cloth/Rope Mill

59. House

60. Chapel

Cemetery
    An odd report came from a shipwreck survivor that reported seeing “something” in the small graveyard behind the Church. Pressed for a description of what he saw … "I saw ghosts! There I said it, now have yer laugh. You asked and I said it. Twas a being of light with no legs just floating above the ground."
    A second person confirmed seeing something strange as well. One moment there was nothing there, and then something just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. " It wasn’t natural. If you ask me."

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by atpollard »

THE LANDINGS
61. House

62. House

63. House

64. House

65. House

66. House

67. Meat Processing

68. House

69. House

70. House

71. House

72. Pub

73. House

74. House

75. House

76. House
  • [Diana] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 33: Shift 3: Hour 0:10
    "Ahh Ma, didn't himself send us home early." said Abi.
    "Business was slow then." said the woman with compassion.
    "More like a graveyard than a pub if the truth be told." replied Abi handing the woman a small purse with a handful of coins.
    "The morrow will be a better day for trade, don't you know." said the woman with a smile and a comforting hug.
    "Every day is a bad day, lately. You know what people are saying about the 'Tankard'. It is only a matter of time til they drive poor Mr Hass to his grave, I'm a thinking." said Abi.
    "Hush now, you'll be disturbing our guests." said the woman. "Tis true enough that Hass has had more than his share of bad luck of late."
    "Bad luck me arse! You know that devil himself is behind this." said Abi.
    "Now that's enough. Don't you be making accusations you can't prove. There's enough of that already." scolded the woman.
  • [Diana] Cycle 1062 (Autumn): Day 33: Shift 3: Hour 0:25
    “Mister Edwin Belsey, spawn of the Devil himself, he is I'm a telling you.” replied Abi. “And I should now better than anyone. Wasn't it I that used to work at the Gwynedd Hotel, and work hard I did. That is until the black day that Edwin Belsey took ownership. Then wasn't it less than a week later he told me that I was fired. For what, says I? For stealing, says he. Well I never stole nothing in my whole life not ever. I saw you myself, says he, with his own eyes. Stole money from a guest's room, he says. So I called him a liar to his face ... and I was about to do a lot more than that ... when he has the bouncer throwing me out of the hotel into the street like I was a common drunk.” Tears begin to well up in her eyes “Then someone starts spreading rumors around town that I'm a thief and a liar, so no one will believe me or hire me. But I did some checking and who is it that started that filthy lie, none other than himself. Oh, he's a devil all right.” Her fists clench in anger and when she unclenches them, her nails have left marks in her palm.
77. House

78. House

79. House

80. House

81. House

82. House

83. House

84. House

85. House

86. House

87. House

88. House