House Rules

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

House Rules

#1 Post by Fearghus »

Open Dialog
Please share your ideas. I won't promise to implement all suggestions, but I would like to hear from other DM's about what they think works and what doesn't.

Images in Any Thread
Please spoiler them. Some of our players are on mobile devices, so spoilers put less strain on their device. Ask if you have questions on how to make an image inline.

OOC comments in the IC Thread
Please spoiler them.

Rolls
Due to the PbP nature of this game, I will handle rolls through the Unseen Servant dice roller. Please state your character's intent when actions are requested. I'll provide a link to the result if you care to view. Please keep your character sheet up to date to prevent miscalculations. Have your modifiers added into the to hit and damage of your character's weapons, etc.

Arcane Casters
If an arcanist fails their chance to learn a spell, the spell may be attempted again after gaining a level.

Save or Die
This might be changed to damage. No adjustment at this time.

Encumbrance - Labyrinth Lord, p. 44
A character may carry an additional load equal to their strength modifier * 10 lbs. Example: a character with a 16 strength (+2 modifier), may carry an additional 20 lbs:
Up to 60
61 to 80
81 to 100
101 to 180

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Combat Sequence

#2 Post by Fearghus »

This is not a house rule, just an FYI on combat sequence.

Combat sequence - LL p52-53
1. Players declare character movement or actions. A character may move up to their combat movement and still attack; moving more negates the ability to attack.
2. Initiative: 1d6 is rolled by each opposing side.
3. The winner of initiative acts first. The Labyrinth Lord may check morale for monsters.
4. Movements can be made.
5. Missile attack rolls are made, accounting for DEX adjustments, cover, and range.
6. Spells are cast and applicable saving throws are made.
7. Melee combat occurs; attack and damage rolls are made, accounting for STR and magic adjustments.
8. Other sides act through steps 4-7, in order of initiative
9. When all sides of a conflict have acted and the combat will continue into the next round, the sequence begins again at step 1.

Return to “The Allathurion Chronicle”