Campaign Archival on Unseen Roller

Suggestions or feature requests for the dice roller, forums, or PbP games.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Campaign Archival on Unseen Roller

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

As the subject line says i know Tonixx gave us the archive of characters on the roller is the same possible for campaigns? So like we have old games that finished now when i look at my campaigns on the roller i see every singe game i have run on here. I was just wondering is it very complicated to add an archive option for the campaigns as well?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Campaign Archival on Unseen Roller

#2 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:As the subject line says i know Tonixx gave us the archive of characters on the roller is the same possible for campaigns?
This isn't a bad suggestion, but is there a reason you can't just delete the old campaigns in the roller once you're done with them? That's what I do.

Either way, this is a Greg question.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

dmw71 wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:As the subject line says i know Tonixx gave us the archive of characters on the roller is the same possible for campaigns?
This isn't a bad suggestion, but is there a reason you can't just delete the old campaigns in the roller once you're done with them? That's what I do.

Either way, this is a Greg question.
I suppose I could but I certainly wouldn't wish to do that with any I had archived that might be brought back in the future. Certainly any that were completed I can do that. I knew it was a Greg question though. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I certainly wouldn't wish to do that with any I had archived that might be brought back in the future.
I still don't see why deleting the campaign from your view would be a bad thing, even if you plan on restoring the game at some point. All the previous rolls will still be there, they just won't be organized (e.g. the 'Show all rolls for this campaign' option will be missing).

Roll made linked to campaign
Campaign2.jpg
Campaign2.jpg (144.47 KiB) Viewed 3871 times
Roll made against deleted campaign
Campaign.jpg
Campaign.jpg (130.77 KiB) Viewed 3871 times

If you restore eventually restore a previously archived/completed game, you just create a new campaign in the die roller (which creates a new campaign id) and the players can go into their archived characters in the die roller and update the campaign id from the old one to the new one. They're linked again.

But still, it's a valid question so we'll let Greg chime in.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dave what i am saying is I would not want to recreate it. You don't have to do this with archive characters in the roller you can bring them back same with campaigns is what i was asking. I don't want to delete it and start all over. Why would i ask for an archived game to come back to start from ground zero i would merely want to start a whole new thing if that were the case. :roll:

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Dave what i am saying is I would not want to recreate it. You don't have to do this with archive characters in the roller you can bring them back same with campaigns is what i was asking. I don't want to delete it and start all over. Why would i ask for an archived game to come back to start from ground zero i would merely want to start a whole new thing if that were the case.
You're opposed to filling out a single mandatory field?
The only required field is 'Campaign Name':
Campaign, New.jpg
Campaign, New.jpg (93.5 KiB) Viewed 3870 times
But it's fine. We'll let Greg weigh in.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dave I was merely asking as a suggestion. I think it would be handy it was done with sheets if it is too complex or a long process I understand not a problem as I have not had to archive then revive a game as of yet. Not saying it wont happen I'd just prefer to keep an already associated roller id with a game if possible if not so be it I'll work around it.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by ToniXX »

GreyWolfVT wrote:As the subject line says i know Tonixx gave us the archive of characters on the roller is the same possible for campaigns? So like we have old games that finished now when i look at my campaigns on the roller i see every singe game i have run on here. I was just wondering is it very complicated to add an archive option for the campaigns as well?
This is not a bad idea. I think I can implement this pretty easily. I'll take a look at what is involved (I haven't looked at the codebase in some time) and see what's up.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ToniXX wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:As the subject line says i know Tonixx gave us the archive of characters on the roller is the same possible for campaigns? So like we have old games that finished now when i look at my campaigns on the roller i see every singe game i have run on here. I was just wondering is it very complicated to add an archive option for the campaigns as well?
This is not a bad idea. I think I can implement this pretty easily. I'll take a look at what is involved (I haven't looked at the codebase in some time) and see what's up.
Thank you Greg, not a big deal was merely a suggestion didn't mean to turn it into a long back and forth debate/conversation.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by ToniXX »

This change/addition has been made. Check it out, try to break it, and post here with thoughts/results. It works just like archiving/unarchiving a character.

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nice! Greg I've tried it out and archived then un-archived it works same as the sheet archive system very nice. I don't see a way to break it but I haven't tried hard enough yet ;)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ffilz »

ToniXX wrote:This change/addition has been made. Check it out, try to break it, and post here with thoughts/results. It works just like archiving/unarchiving a character.
Works for me too, thanks. I didn't have that many campaigns, but it's still nice to clean them up a bit.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by dmw71 »

This might have had an adverse effect on character sheets, though. See: Unable to view character sheets.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by ToniXX »

dmw71 wrote:This might have had an adverse effect on character sheets, though. See: Unable to view character sheets.
This has been fixed. See the thread that dmw links to above to get more info.

Return to “Suggestions”