Adventurers Wanted

Tragic Tales
Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

Adventurers Wanted

#1 Post by Tragic Tales »

Welcome to Treasure Hunt. This is the first of a series of adventures I ran years ago for my table top group. The adventures take place in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms. It is an ambitious tale but with the help of a few good story tellers we can see this adventure through.

I am new to The Unseen Servant and do not know anyone. Since I have not played with anyone here and do not want to blindly accept players, I will not recruit by first come first serve. Instead I will choose by a short vignette (500 words or less) about how your character was kidnapped and the character's backstory. The backstory should include a brief family history and where the character hails from. All characters need to be from the Sword Coast region or provide an explanation of why they are there.

System: AD&D 2e
Recruiting: 4 - 5 players
Start Date: 06/10/2020
Dice Roller Campaign ID: 842
Setting: Sword Coast of the Forgotten Realms
Crunchy Bits: I am well versed in the rules and setting. Mechanically everyone will be responsible for their own rolls unless there is a reason; such as, an elf passing a concealed or secret door. Seeing through an illusion. Etc.
It will be mostly by the book with a few house rules. This will be detailed in the game. One house rule is hero points. You want your character to do cool things, I want your characters to do cool things. Hero points make that happen.
Fluffy Bits: I am here to take you on an adventure. This will be the tale of those characters. Not all encounters will be hack and slash. Nor is the adventure entirely a dungeon crawl, it is a mix of indoor and outdoor terrain. I do expect interaction between the characters and NPCs. I prefer a story post format told in the past tense. I reward detailed posts with bonuses.
  • I attack the orc with my long sword. Result: roll the die.
  • Luthgar entrenched his stance and jammed the butt of his spear into the earth. The orc’s war cry rang in his ears as he steadied the spear shaft and took aim. Result: roll two dice, keep the highest.
Player Expectations: Good grammar and spell check should be used. Posts should be at least two sentences and descriptive. I think two or three posts per week is reasonable for a good roleplay and real life balance. Although I would be open to more posts per week, if everyone is able.

Character Creation Guide / Game Application table of contents
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Adventurers Wanted

#2 Post by Marullus »

Greynard Hardbottle
Guide: Navigator; Halfling

Greynard grew up in a Dock Ward tavern in Waterdeep run by his family. Slight, even for a Stout halfling, he busied himself by inconspicuously listening to every tale he could from the sailors on the Sword Coast. He knew the world was large and eventually the tavern became too small. He apprenticed himself as a navigator on the 'Two-Tailed Swallow,' a merchant ship, and hoped to see the wonders beyond the deep water harbor. He bloomed as a proficient navigator but his proficiency with letters, numbers, languages, and tales is what made him stand out to the captain. It was a fateful day when the pirate sails of the Black Wave were sighted and his ship was plundered and the crew of the Swallow chained as slaves. He has appealed to Halfkris several times about his utility on the crew, but the appeal of one so small fell on deaf ears - he's obviously not strong of skilled enough to be a sailor...

Greynard Hardbottle - Small.jpg
Greynard Hardbottle - Small.jpg (29.91 KiB) Viewed 1648 times
Character Sheet Information:
attribute roll [2d6] = 3
(74 points, min 8, max 18)

STR 8
DEX 18
CON 11
INT 16
WIS 12
CHA 9

Derived Attributes:
Weight allowed: 35
Max Press: 90
Open Gates: 5
Reaction Adj: +2
Missile Attack: +2
Defense Adj: -4
Languages/Proficiencies: +5
Max Henchmen: 4

Halfling:
+3 bonus to saves vs wands, staves, rods, and spells
+3 bonus to saves vs poison
+1 to hit with thrown weapons or slings
If alone (90') cause -4 penalty to opponent surprise rolls
60' Infravision
Detect up/down grade in passage (1-3 on d4)
Determine direction (1-3 on d6)

34 inches tall, 57lbs, 23 years old. (minimum halfling)

Navigator:
Thac0: 20
Hit Points: 8
Base AC: 14

Saving Throws:
Para/Death Magic: 14 (Poison: 11)
Rod, Staff Wand: 13
Petra/Poly: 15
Breath Weapon: 17
Spell: 14

Weapon Proficiencies: 3
(Non-Proficient Penalty -3)
Dagger
Short Sword
Sling

Non-Weapon Proficiencies: 4+5 = 9
Direction Sense
Navigation
Weather Sense
Swimming
Ancient History
Reading/Writing
Languages: Common, Luiric (Halfling), Illuskan (North Common), Dethek (Dwarf Common), Jotun (Giant Common)

Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Angharad Bennett
Farmer; Human

Journal Entry 1
I know who I am and where I was going but I am not clear on the details of how I have come to be here in captivity. I feel it is important to make these notes to preserve what little I can of my identity - of my dignity. In the event that I am not found, I hope these scraps of paper find their way into the hands of those that may help.

My name is Angharad Bennett. I come from a long line of farmers in the Secomber area. My father trained me in the family trade – a rotation of corn, beans, and squash, always reliable and always the same. My father unexpectedly passed after the last harvest season from an ailment that weakened him quickly. Now that I am in charge of the place I want to do things my way.

Journal Entry 2
I packed my mule Efa for a journey to Goldenfields. The soil had been worked on our acres in Secomber for the planting season and I was going to try something new. I had heard of Earth Mother’s Bounty and the seeds I could find in the shop. I hoped to get guidance from the priests there and make a modest living from the land.

I set out early in the morning 12 days since Selûne was last full.

Journal Entry 3
Efa and I were ambushed on the road.

My poor Efa – he was a good animal and I hope to have another like him someday.

Journal Entry 4
The walls of this cell are damp and there is a pungent briny smell to the air. My stomach turns with the rolling movement of the floor under me. All I want is to be on dry land again, tend to the fields, and lead a simple life.

I will make it out of here...

I must make it out of here.

Attribute Roll [2d6] = 7
(78 points, min 9, max 18)

STR 14
DEX 16
CON 10
INT 13
WIS 09
CHA 16

Derived Attributes:
Weight allowed: 55
Max press: 170
Open doors/gates: 8
Bend bars: 7%
Reaction adj.: +1
Missile attack adj.: +1
Defensive adjust: -2
Language/proficiencies: +3
Max henchman: +8
Loyalty base: +4
Reaction adj. +5

Human:
Any char. class and level
More social and tolerant

Physical characteristics:
70 inches tall
160lbs
29 years old
Female

Farmer:
THAC0: 20
Hit points: 6
Base AC: 10

Saving Throws:
Para/Death magic/Poison: 16
Rod, Staff, and Wands: 18
Petra/Poly: 17
Breath Weapon: 20
Spell: 19

Weapon Proficiencies: 2
(Non-Proficient Penalty -3)
Quarterstaff
Staff Sling

Non-Weapon Proficiencies:
(2 + 3 Int. Bonus + 2 class bonus)
Singing
Poetry
Herbalism
Animal Lore
Weather Sense
Bonus: Animal Handling
Bonus: Agriculture

Languages:
(Common + 3 Int. Bonus + 1 class bonus)
Common
Waelen, Moonshae
Daelic, Moonshae
Reading/Writing
Attachments
Angharad Bennett.jpg
Angharad Bennett.jpg (53.15 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Last edited by Samwell Turleton on Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 11 times in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm Kegforged
Bartender; Dwarf

Serving up drinks and conversation, that was the average service of a day in the life of Throm. Been working in the tavern for quite some time. Living in Daggerford has it's ups and downs the small town is more than merely a farming community. Plenty of folk stopover to Daggerford and share their tales and time while having a few drinks. Throms seen his share of folk, merchants, adventurers, simple folk merely moving to places like Waterdeep from somewhere else. All sorts, come through daggerford. Throm has seen wars, crusades, and other conflicts threatened the entirety of the Sword Coast. Yet still his hometown still stands. He is a proud dwarf and likes his job. Though he does long to join those adventuring folk that set out and have their exciting adventures, though listing to folk tell their tales while drinking has it's perks, the dwarf has had an urge or a calling to pack up and start travelling see the land. He's only ever been in Daggerford for most of his young adult life. Granted dwarves are a longer living race among those of faerun. The bartender figures there is no time like the present to set forth and have some journeys of his own. See some new places, having only been to Waterdeep a few times usually for some business related trip for supplies. The dwarf figures there is no better place to start than there, or perhaps Baldur's Gate. Shrugging it off he sets out with the clothing on his back and figures he'll let his feet take him where they may.

Stats [2d6] = 5
(76 points, min 8, max 18)

STR 15
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 10
WIS 11
CHA 10

Derived Attributes:
Weight allowed: 55
Max Press: 170
Open Gates: 8
Languages/Proficiencies: 2

Dwarf:
+1 to CON -1 to CHA
+4 to saves for CON
+ 1 to hit vs orcs, half-orcs, goblins, and hobgoblins.
ogres, trolls, ogre magi, giants, or titans attack dwarves get -4 to hit against a dwarf.
Infravision 60'
Detect grade or slope in passage 1–5 on 1d6
Detect new tunnel/passage construction 1–5 on 1d6
Detect sliding/shifting walls or rooms 1–4 on 1d6
Detect stonework traps, pits, and deadfalls 1–3 on 1d6
Determine approximate depth underground 1–3 on 1d6

Bartender:
Hit Points: 8

Saving Throws:
Para, Poison, Death Magic: 16 (12)
Rod, Staff, Wand: 17 (13)
Petra/Poly: 18 (14)
Breath Weapon: 20 (16)
Spell: 19 (15)

Weapon Proficiencies: 2
Dagger
Club

Non-Weapon Proficiencies: 2 + 2 = 4
Brewing
Cooking
Local History
Reading/Writing
Drinking
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sun May 31, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Ovar Ironeater
Engineer; Dwarf

Ovar grew up in Daggerford, his clan long ago built the walls and most of the stone buildings within. Now they maintain them as needed. Ovar took to the family trade quickly and he is always busy. His favorite past time when not working is hanging out at the tavern his friend Throm bartends at. He is quick witted but sometimes lacking in common sense and for a dwarf prone to rushing into things. As it would happen that is how this story starts. He wandered into the tavern to get some ale and a bit of rest and Throm was missing, he asked where Throm was and was told he had left that morning to find his way in the world. Ovar, thinking this a great idea rushed off in the dark to follow his friend. Thinking perhaps if he pushed his pace hard enough he could catch up to him in the morning. As you can imagine this didn't go quite as expected.

Scores [2d6] = 9
(80 points, min 10, max 17)

STR 17
DEX 10
CON 18
INT 16
WIS 10
CHA 9

Derived Attributes:
Weight allowed: 85
Max Press: 220
Open Gates: 13
Languages/Proficiencies: 5

Dwarf:
+1 to CON -1 to CHA
+5 to saves for CON
+ 1 to hit vs orcs, half-orcs, goblins, and hobgoblins.
ogres, trolls, ogre magi, giants, or titans attack dwarves get -4 to hit against a dwarf.
Infravision 60'
Detect grade or slope in passage 1–5 on 1d6
Detect new tunnel/passage construction 1–5 on 1d6
Detect sliding/shifting walls or rooms 1–4 on 1d6
Detect stonework traps, pits, and deadfalls 1–3 on 1d6
Determine approximate depth underground 1–3 on 1d6

Engineer:
Hit Points: 12

Saving Throws:
Para, Poison, Death Magic: 10
Rod, Staff, Wand: 14
Petra/Poly: 13
Breath Weapon: 16
Spell: 15

Weapon Proficiencies: 3 (spent 1 of my bonus points from Int)
Cleaving/Crushing Weapons (Broad Group, currently can't use some)
Sling

Non-Weapon Proficiencies: 4 + 5 = 9-1(for wpn)=8
Carpentry
Endurance
Engineering
Set Snares
Stone Masonry
Reading/Writing
Languages: Common & Dwarven
Attachments
6cec26bf3745936a20fb5e045fed24de.jpg
6cec26bf3745936a20fb5e045fed24de.jpg (52.95 KiB) Viewed 1585 times

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Bluetongue »

Erik a blacksmith and bear wrestler.

[img]
images.jpeg.jpg
images.jpeg.jpg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 1578 times
[/img]

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Darklin2 »

Heklan "Shadow" Leafwalker
Half-Elven (Guide) (Cleric/Ranger)

4a72c9fb5734fe90d6cd3c7cfd3a929a.jpg
Shadow as a young Half-Elf was born in the Northern High Forest. He learned how to live and survive in the wilds and from his father, (Alexrian) priest of Ehlonna, who taught him the way to hunt and fish, stalk prey, and bandage ones wounds. His mother (Lianna) taught him the intricate details of Bowmaking and arrow fletching from his elven mother. When he was old enough and able to leave he set out for Waterdeep with his trusty bow and Holy Symbol of Ehlonna in hopes of finding a new life with more adventure, but city life is hard and no one gives a free handout. So after a short time the gold he had saves ran out so one must work. After a couple days of searching Shadow managed to get hired on as a Guide and Hunter for a Merchant Caravan heading to Mirabar out of Waterdeep. The caravan carried grains and food stores for the Dwarven Citadel. When they set out he was a riding the front wagon next to an old Teamster names Jake. Jake was a cranky old soul who complained and whined a lot and as the first day came to an end the train stopped for the night. He set out to find meat for the company and find some quiet time alone. Around dusk he thought he heard something from behind him but saw nothing. He moved on and as he slipped through the woods he was clubbed from behind and a net thrown over his head shortly after he lost conscientiousness and all went black.

Still in Work.
Guide stats
THAC0: as Warrior
Saving Throws: as Warrior
Hit Points: 8 plus hp adjustment
Minimum ability scores: Constitution 10, Wisdom 12 and Charisma 9.
Adventuring class - recommended: Any.
Armor: Any but cannot use many of their skills in anything heavier than leather.
Weapon Proficiency: 3. Any weapon
Non proficient weapon penalty: -3
Non Weapon Proficiencies: 4 plus intelligence bonus.
Non Weapon Proficiencies - Required: Direction Sense
Non Weapon Proficiencies - Recommended: Survival
Non Weapon Proficiencies - List: Navigation, Etiquette, Fire building, Fishing, Heraldry, Modern Languages, Riding (land-based or airborne), Weather Sense, Ancient History, Local History; Hunting, Mountaineering, Survival, or Tracking.
Non Weapon Proficiencies Groups: General, Warrior and Rogue.
Languages: Common, intelligence bonus plus one more (slots may also be used for reading/writing).

All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Return to “Treasure Hunt (2e)”