Do we keep the game going?

Do we end the game or keep trying to finish the palace exploration?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:30 pm

1. Yes keep playing
No votes
2. No lets call this game done
75%
3. Something else? (if you select this please post what you suggest.)
25%

Total votes: 4

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Do we keep the game going?

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Poll time to see where we stand. Down 2 players 3 if you count storm. We planned on ending this game a year ago or so but I didn't think exploring what remained of the palace would take this long. So I am asking again what are the feelings of the players? Asad is back and able to act that is a plus but I am NPCing Ishaq as the player doesn't wish to return to the game though he is back in the forums. We had another player that has not been on the forums for a month roughly. I'm just really ready to end the game but i don't want to cut it short if you wanted to see things through in the palace.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Do we keep the game going?

#2 Post by ravenn4544 »

If you aren't interested in DM'ing, don't feel forced to! I'm torn - i like Asad and want to see him continue but maybe some other adventure (maybe you're future game you posted about setting up at a later date)?

GreyWolfVT

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote:If you aren't interested in DM'ing, don't feel forced to! I'm torn - i like Asad and want to see him continue but maybe some other adventure (maybe you're future game you posted about setting up at a later date)?
That is very possible Since that game's start is hinging on the end of this one.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#4 Post by Scott308 »

If the game keeps going, I'll keep playing. But if you are ready to end it, then we're done. There is a lot more work on your end than what any individual player needs to do, so it is unfair to you to expect you to keep going if you are no longer enjoying it. In fact, I just archived Benham. The game has been enjoyable, but when it gets to the point when someone no longer enjoys playing it, it does no one any good to keep going through the motions. I'm very glad I got to play, as this setting was not one I was familiar with and it is pretty cool. Thank you for running it, Ed.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks Scott. Really what it comes down to is posting some are posting more regularly than others having the one person vanish from the site entirely, hopefully he is ok. Really I didn't think exploring what was left of this palace was going to take this long. We all certainly had RL things that came up and changed things which I know took it's toll on the game speed as well. I appreciate you all sticking with it.

Really I just feel like the entire setting didn't turn out the way folks had originally expected same with characters made.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Bluehorse »

I've enjoyed the game but was also planning an exit close to a year ago. I've held on longer than o
I thought I would just from sheer enjoyment of the characters and Ed's work here. I just feel like there isn't anything fun about Emma mechanics wise and I dont like playing a charscter that turns into baggage in a fight. That's on me though. I've learned from her and one other char that I simply dont care for playing magic users. But she leant herself to some funny moments all the same.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Quite true you and Steve (original Ishaq) had some funny moments and even back in the start of this game hilarious moments like the wall face plant. But yeah all in all I think the setting and PC creation worked out differently than expected.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I’m good with the decision. I really enjoyed Dubb and everyone else, but the energy level dropped at some point. It was fun playing with you guys. See you around.

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks guys for sticking around I can't say that enough. Game is listed to be archived 6/1/2020.

All of you are more than welcomed to join any of my games any time. :)

Return to “Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)”