The Flummery Tap (OOC)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Flummery Tap (OOC)

#161 Post by Leitz »

OGRE MAGE wrote:While it is true that the description of the serving girl and her mannerisms was a bit vague, I dont think of a missed or misunderstood encounter as a failure.

I think things like this happen all the time in these games, at least they do in a sandbox type setting.

If I did something wrong or unclear in my reactions to the situation, please let me know.
Nothing wrong, and no worries. It's more that we're using different rules and learning each other's gaming style.

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#162 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Leitz wrote:My usual path is to try and understand the characters, and then put character flavored things in the story. For example, Barwuf is a healer. The serving girl took a liking to Barwuf, and she needed healing. The Brown's are societal cast-offs, a smile and some pleasant conversation would have affirmed her greatly. It wasn't about a one night stand or an abduction, but about reaching into someone else's life and healing them.

Wow, wasn't expecting that. For the record since I didn't think of it Lofar really wasn't thinking she might be hurt when he talked to the old man IC. He thought he was protecting a somewhat sheltered and naive close friend from entanglements he might not want and would probably cause him grief. My read was the girl wanted a piece of him as well. If the grumpy dwarf was mistaken and someone got hurt because of it it could be an interesting character development, but I don't think of him as that callous about people who've done him no harm.
Leitz wrote:I'm still working on stories for Lotho and Lofar, but trying to give them a PC centric view of things. Input welcome.
With Lofar I think of his big motivation being wealth building, but since that's not on the table he's probably most motivated by loyalty. He likes his friends and doesn't want them to get hurt or do anything against their interests, as he sees them. I could see him inserting himself in a slightly annoying way into their problems like a meddlesome parent.

For his own plothooks we could run into other dwarves travelling the same routes he has he has some history with or encounter some mercantile problem he can try to figure out a solution to. I feel like he might have some sympathy for the dispossessed too as a Misty Mountains Dwarf.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Leitz »

Mr Stereo1 wrote:Wow, wasn't expecting that. For the record since I didn't think of it Lofar really wasn't thinking she might be hurt when he talked to the old man IC. He thought he was protecting a somewhat sheltered and naive close friend from entanglements he might not want and would probably cause him grief. My read was the girl wanted a piece of him as well. If the grumpy dwarf was mistaken and someone got hurt because of it it could be an interesting character development, but I don't think of him as that callous about people who've done him no harm.
Keep that thought, then. There's always the return trip. ;)

The evaluations you all have made are reasonable, given the presentation. It's one of those "learn as we go" things.
Leitz wrote:With Lofar I think of his big motivation being wealth building, but since that's not on the table he's probably most motivated by loyalty. He likes his friends and doesn't want them to get hurt or do anything against their interests, as he sees them. I could see him inserting himself in a slightly annoying way into their problems like a meddlesome parent.

For his own plothooks we could run into other dwarves travelling the same routes he has he has some history with or encounter some mercantile problem he can try to figure out a solution to. I feel like he might have some sympathy for the dispossessed too as a Misty Mountains Dwarf.
Most anything is "on the table", if we can figure out a good story for it. Thanks for the ideas, I like it. Should have something up in the morning.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Leitz »

Okay, working to keep things sort of open. If you need information on an NPC or the environment, please let me know.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#165 Post by tibbius »

I wonder what we would do if one of us failed to charm the riders, then another made an effort. Would there be a disadvantage by association?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Leitz »

tibbius wrote:I wonder what we would do if one of us failed to charm the riders, then another made an effort. Would there be a disadvantage by association?
The riders don't know who is associated with whom, unless you or the caravan master says. So they might still keep their distance, but not be aggressive. It would be a bit of cognitive dissonance.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Leitz »

Hey all, I'm finding a lack of passion for running this. I sent roryb a note to see if he'd be interested in picking it back up.

roryb
Guide
Guide

#168 Post by roryb »

Would love to, but I’m too tapped to run at the moment. Maybe you can all just put a bookmark in it and come back in a month or two?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Rex »

Best bet is just let the admins know you want to archive the game and may come back to it.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote:Best bet is just let the admins know you want to archive the game and may come back to it.
That's my inclination, but I wanted to see if anyone else had ideas about it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#171 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No problem here.

Thanks for the game all the same, Leitz!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Leitz »

Hope you all enjoyed it. At least no one killed themselves. :)

I don't think I've mentally made the transition to "small rules" games. They have value, I'm just not sure they're my cup of tea. I'll get the game archived.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by Rex »

Thanks for trying.

Return to “A Lost and Overgrown Path (There and Back Again)”