[OOC] At the well

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

Re: [OOC] At the well

#21 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

cybersavant wrote:char stats diffs: i had no problem with it; but then i really don't like the modern trend to balance char gen

not everyone is equal, and that inequality provides options for role-playing, makes it more interesting
I wouldn't mind if it was something that made sense but it's a -Edu to being male. Most doctors were men so it felt like a poor way to try and be fair to giving women a -1 Str, which makes sense if we're being realistic but doesn't really need to be written into the rules.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Leitz »

Mr Stereo1 wrote:
cybersavant wrote:char stats diffs: i had no problem with it; but then i really don't like the modern trend to balance char gen

not everyone is equal, and that inequality provides options for role-playing, makes it more interesting
I wouldn't mind if it was something that made sense but it's a -Edu to being male. Most doctors were men so it felt like a poor way to try and be fair to giving women a -1 Str, which makes sense if we're being realistic but doesn't really need to be written into the rules.
In the time period, most non-noble men weren't formally educated, as far as I can tell. On the other hand, if we were doing this normally, the PCs would have had one or more terms to gain extra skills or stats. My usual process is to let the players pick from the allowed tables, and you could have a fairly well educated gentleman if you put your high stat there and added "skills".

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by cybersavant »

Mr Stereo1 wrote:Setting to work Hans is hampered by the dimness of the tunnel and the lingering smoke.

Medic roll to save the woman [2d6+2] = 5+2 = 7
we carried her outside
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

cybersavant wrote:
Mr Stereo1 wrote:Setting to work Hans is hampered by the dimness of the tunnel and the lingering smoke.

Medic roll to save the woman [2d6+2] = 5+2 = 7
we carried her outside
Then Hans is an even worse doctor than he was. Edited appropriately.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Leitz »

I'm going to have the Mods archive this. The theory is that we can un-archive when there's more to test. The reality is that there's a lot of work that needs to be done and my plate is loaded with higher life-priority tasks.

Any final questions or concerns?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by tibbius »

It was a fun time. Thanks!
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Mr Stereo1
Tracker
Tracker

#27 Post by Mr Stereo1 »

Can I ask what turned the adventurers into zombies before we call it quits?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Leitz »

Mr Stereo1 wrote:Can I ask what turned the adventurers into zombies before we call it quits?
The other party became supper. The "creature" was a man who had turned to cannibalism due to insanity. The other party was, like many 1st level groups, over confident, and succumbed to the creature, and the rats, one at a time.

Make sense?

Return to “The Other Party (2d6 OGL Homebrew)”