History

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

History

#1 Post by tibbius »

Chapter 1: The Wedding
Bran, Marcus, Dimitra, Alexander, and Andrew are in the village kingdom of Aegium. They attend the wedding of Damali (King Alec's daughter) to Gregorios. Lycanthropes arrive as unexpected guests. They come from the southeast, where they have been involved in a dispute between King Xantho of Temeni and King Stelios of Elaionas. The lycanthropes stay the night and leave in the morning, headed northwest to their ancestral home of Rododafni.

A few days later a messenger arrives from King Xantho seeking an apology and gifts from Aegium due to the lycanthropes being welcomed to the wedding. King Alec assigns Bran to lead a delegation back to Temeni and obtain information about the situation there, without giving any real answer to King Xantho's demands.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: History

#2 Post by tibbius »

Chapter 2: The Mission

Bran, Marcus, Andrew, and Alexander set out to bring King Alec's message of reconciliation to Temeni and Elaionas. At Temeni, they separate: Bran and Marcus stay overnight while Andrew and Alexander journey on to Elaionas. Bran and Marcus find good hospitality and understanding from King Xanthos of Temeni. They learn that the lycanthropes preyed on both Temeni and Elaionas, and were hired by neither king. Andrew and Alexander get a harsh welcome and mandatory hospitality from King Stelios of Elaionas. Overnight, Alexander vanishes. When Bran and Marcus rejoin Andrew at Elaionas, they have a confrontation with the king's champion Donat. This resolves in amity, and they learn that the lycanthropes slew several of King Stelios' warriors. By day's end the three men have returned to Aegium with hopeful news of potential alliance against the lycanthropes.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: History

#3 Post by tibbius »

Chapter 3: Rumors of War

The elders of the kingdom debate a proper course of action regarding the lycanthropes - invade Rododafni to find them; or simply investigate whether they are there; should the king be recalled or supported? They call for evidence from Bran, Marcus, and Andrew, with Origen as the interrogator. The heroes speak for their plan. The elders direct them to advise the king.

Andrew does research in the scriptorium and finds out about a trove of ancient weapons. The next day Marcus' father Bakthos joins him and helps him figure out where the weapons are.

Bran consults his parents regarding a betrothal to Sosan.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Athens has Fallen (AFG)”