Issues with character sheet

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Issues with character sheet

#1 Post by thirdkingdom »

I've been having some issues with the US character sheet interface. Three times I've been editing my character, and after a certain point (perhaps hitting the "return" button a dozen times) I get directed to a message that says the page can't be loaded. Refreshing doesn't help, nor does opening a new window or trying it in incognito mode. However, if I wait some time (a couple of hours) I can hit refresh and it loads it as normal. I'll see if I can't recreate the issue and take some screenshots of it, but wanted to know if it was something that is already known.

Thanks!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Issues with character sheet

#2 Post by dmw71 »

thirdkingdom wrote:Three times I've been editing my character, and after a certain point (perhaps hitting the "return" button a dozen times) I get directed to a message that says the page can't be loaded.
I've been attempting to reproduce this and haven't been able.

I find in most sections, like on the main 'PC Basics' tab, you use the 'tab' key to move from section to section (not 'Enter' or 'Return') but I've filled out all sections, and edited them repeatedly without issue.

I've also been able to add multiple notes on the 'Notes' tab with a dozen items, with line breaks (by hitting 'Enter' or 'Return') between each, without issue as well.

Are you able to provide more detailed steps behind what actions you're taking when it happens? Which tab you're on, in which section, etc...? Have you been able to reproduce it yourself?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Post by ToniXX »

thirdkingdom wrote: (perhaps hitting the "return" button a dozen times)
Are you referring to the return key on the keyboard, or the back button in your browser?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by thirdkingdom »

ToniXX wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote: (perhaps hitting the "return" button a dozen times)
Are you referring to the return key on the keyboard, or the back button in your browser?
Sorry, I was unclear. I meant the blue arrow on the character sheet editor that saves the information.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by thirdkingdom »

Actually, I just got it to work (or rather, to not work). I had finished editing 7 distinct lines, on various pages of the character sheet. The last input I saved produced this address: http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... nt&id=7064

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#6 Post by ToniXX »

Is this the error you got??? We can't use that link you gave us, as it points to your character sheet. Users can't edit other users character sheets.

If this is the error you got, did you enter particularly long values in any of the fields? Or maybe you entered a letter in qty?
Attachments
error.png
error.png (129.7 KiB) Viewed 2620 times

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by thirdkingdom »

I wish. That page looks much more interesting than the one I got (see below). I wasn't entering anything weird, either; it was just a line of equipment.
2019-12-24.png
2019-12-24.png (67.11 KiB) Viewed 2613 times

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#8 Post by ToniXX »

Damn... well, I thought I found the problem but I guess I didn't. I'm still at a loss.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by thirdkingdom »

ToniXX wrote:Damn... well, I thought I found the problem but I guess I didn't. I'm still at a loss.
Could it be something on my end? Maybe . . . cookies, or something?

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#10 Post by ToniXX »

I don't think so but it is possible. Let's see if it continues to be a problem and if it happens to anyone else

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Bluetongue »

Hello.

Was trying to post my character sheet, using the sheet tab above and 7468 in between but it doesn't appear alongside my other words.

I generally game on my mobile but have had no issue before. Sometimes the dice roller forum doesn't load up, I get a white screen. I was editing my sheet and pressed update and then blanks.

Sure this is just temporary and located in the dice roller as I can post and view in the forums without issue.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#12 Post by ToniXX »

Can you post a link to the post where you tried to include the sheet?

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Bluetongue »

The new Barrowmaze game. Character sheets thread.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by ToniXX »

It looks ok to me. Maybe I am not understanding the problem

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by rredmond »

At times, like when all four of my daughters and the missus are on the wifi, I find that it takes a NJ-minute for things like pictures and the character sheets to load. Not sure if that could be happening here.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Bluetongue »

Works fine now. Was strange as I could edit macros, search even archive or create and edit other character sheets.

The post clearly displays sheet now and I have no further issue. Perhaps wifi is slow, band-width clogged?

Thank you anyway.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Stirling »

I am finding lately that after I log into the die roller I get a white screen wuth a '307 temporary redirect' message.

This also affects my viewing of charter sheets as I can see some in the forum clearly but others appear with this message also. I figure the problem is my end as players comment they have no issue. Would this be a broadband issue or computer issue. Any ideas how I can fix it?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by dmw71 »

I can't say I've encountered that error before, but I did a bit of quick research on it and found the following:
[b][url=https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7231#section-6.4.7]6.4.7. 307 Temporary Redirect[/url][/b] wrote:The 307 (Temporary Redirect) status code indicates that the target
resource resides temporarily under a different URI and the user agent
MUST NOT change the request method if it performs an automatic
redirection to that URI. Since the redirection can change over time,
the client ought to continue using the original effective request URI
for future requests.

The server SHOULD generate a Location header field in the response
containing a URI reference for the different URI. The user agent MAY
use the Location field value for automatic redirection. The server's
response payload usually contains a short hypertext note with a
hyperlink to the different URI(s).

Note: This status code is similar to 302 (Found), except that it
does not allow changing the request method from POST to GET. This
specification defines no equivalent counterpart for 301 (Moved
Permanently) ([RFC7238], however, defines the status code 308
(Permanent Redirect) for this purpose).
For what that's worth.

This one was more helpful:
The Problem is Server-Side
All HTTP response status codes within the 3xx category are considered redirection messages. These codes indicate to the user agent (i.e. your web browser) that an additional action is required in order to complete the request and access the desired resource.
That said, the appearance of a 307 Temporary Redirect is usually not something that requires much user intervention. All modern browsers will automatically detect the 307 Temporary Redirect response code and process the redirection action to the new URI automatically.
It might be helpful to know which Internet browser (and version) you're using.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Stirling »

Thank you. And that is quite a detailed response though I still haven't rectified the specific issue.

I use Google and my home computer or android mobile to access the forum since the office and Uni library are closed due to Covid. Normally they use the latest updates.

The issue started when I was trying to copy a dice roll to copy into my campaign. I had no problem with other rolls previously. This being the last one

Grandma fires gun. [1d4] = 1 damage [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3

I then rolled another which clearly shows in the forum 198264 but after copying the [url] I then got the 307 redirect message.

I can create new characters, browse character sheets, roll stats, archive or delete but whenever I press 'Roll the Dice' that is the 307 redirect trigger.

So I am thinking something might be wrong with the 'Banjo fires' roll/macro. But I can't delete that entry to see if that clears the problem.

Of course it might still all be my end, the problem occurs on both home computer and mobile (but we use the same unlimited data wifi). Unfortunately I can'tell access my office computers but I suspect there would be no issue with them?

Does that help spotlight the problem ir solution?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Stirling »

I may have sorted it out by downloading 'Opera mini' and so far it seems to allow me to access and roll on the dice forum without issue.

Thanks for the previous advice.

Return to “Help and Support”