Character Creation tidbits

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Character Creation tidbits

#1 Post by Rukellian »

I will post some information here and there on the character creation for this campaign.

The starting gold values are here:

Clerics and Druids dice roll is 3d6 X 10
Fighters, Rangers and Paladins dice roll is 3d6+2 X 10
Thieves and Assassins is 2d6 X 10
Magic Users and Illusionists is 2d4 X 10
Multi Class characters use the highest dice roll from their classes

The ability stats will be determined by the 4d6 cut the lowest dice roll method. You may assign the resulting numbers in any way you want. Note that certain classes in the OSRIC ruleset have prerequesite ability score values, in order to be that class you will need to fit those requirements. I will not allow anyone to raise an existing ability score, but you may decrease one if necessary.

Everyone will also start off with full HP for their first level. Check the OSRIC pdf for reference.

We will be using the Unseen Servant Dice Roller for our campaign. My campaign ID is 121.

If there is anything else that needs to be added here, feel free to leave a post suggesting it, and I will update this thread accordingly. Have fun making those characters!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation tidbits

#2 Post by Rukellian »

Turns out that weapon specilization is only applicable to Fighters, Paladins and Rangers. So if a person is multi classing as a fighter/magic user, then they would be allowed to weapon specialize, given the fighter part of the equation. If a person multi classes as a magic user/assassin, no weapon specialization is possible. So to clarify, here is a list of the classes that can and cannot specialize in weapons:

Fighters, Paladins, and Rangers can specialize in weapons
Thieves, Assassins, Clerics, Magic Users, Druids, and Illusionists cannot specialize in weapons

If you are multi classing, and one of your classes is fighter, paladin, or ranger, you can specialize in weapons
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

In regards to buying equipment and supplies, here is what I have to say on this. I'm going to assume that when we start the campaign, the players have already bought everything they needed, a prepared adventurer if you will. If the characters need to sidetrack and hit the local market for their adventuring gear, that takes time away from the story and slows down the process, naturally. Now, you guys will get to experience the market environment eventually, going up to merchants and craftsmen to do business, but that will come at a later time.

So with that said, I suggest you all set up your inventories and adjust your wealth accordingly. When everything is said and done, we should all be ready to jump right into the story! :D

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by onlyme »

Rukellian wrote:In regards to buying equipment and supplies, here is what I have to say on this. I'm going to assume that when we start the campaign, the players have already bought everything they needed, a prepared adventurer if you will. ...

Cn you clarify this?
Do the PCs start with that stuff for free, and then add based on starting gold? or just start the game with whatever equipment they could have bought with that starting gold?
The main question would be armor. Everything else can be shifted around to make work for most folks, I would think.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

Generally in most games I've played, each player would have to buy all of their equipment that they wanted to start with with the gold they rolled up in the beginning. By equipment I mean clothes, rations, miscellaneous items, thieving tools, armor and weapons. Now if the game is working with kits (have not read anything about kits though in OSRIC, might be a 2e and above thing), or if something was naturally passed down to a character, players would then get freebies accordingly. The only thing that is free right now for all players would be the starting traveling clothes and a spellbook if they are part MU.

With that said, you will all have to be smart with your beginning purchases and look forward to the adventuring life to fill your coinpurses ;)
A pain, maybe, realistic, I sure think so!

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”